US Army "Flat Iron" Medevac Skin

Lt.Seahawk

I wanted to create my own first skin for the Huey and tried to get it running for Hours, thank god Todd showed up and showed me how to get it working, thanks again Todd!

Its one of the latest Hueys that flew for the US Army as a Medevac Version from Fort Rucker AL. I tried to make it look worn out, well however you have decide for yourself if you want to use it or not I guess.

This is how it looks:

skin_zpsff070ab8.jpg

And heres is the Download Link (Dont worry I already uploaded it to the DCS Side, just needs to get aproved before its open for the Public):

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7602671/Flat-Iron.zip.html

Installation: Just place the Folder in your: Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Bazar/Liveries/Uh-1h Folder and you are good to go.

• Like 3

DCS F-14 Tomcat Alley Discord Server:

Very nice!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Very nice ! This is my favorite so far, I use it now for "training flights" outside of missions when I just do some landings and stuff. Thank you !

Please ED/Belsimtek, as I wrote elsewhere we need a MASH-Object with red cross helipads, tents with red crosses etc, maybe as a FARP-"light" where you can get fuel and maybe repairs but no weapons or so...

Looks great! Maybe something that we as the Huey community must do is decide on a generic Medevac skin.

Mission designers are gonna gave a terrible time designing using a skin that everyone has. If we can maybe have a poll on a certain skin and everybody downloads it, similar to the default UN skin.

I think it will eliminate useless downloads for every mission. I'm talking in general here.

This skin will get my vote!

Midnite Signature.jpg

552334314_MidniteSignature.jpg.7c1678ea5639bd6d044b092eb97c300e.jpg

Skin should be added to the default skins. :)

I think that the whole skin management could be improved. the current system is clunky to say the least. Why can't we simply select skins from the user-side instead of the server side.

Looks great! Shouldn't have guns, though...

i9 12900k @ 4.9ghz, 32gb RAM

Nvidia RTX 3090

Windows 11 x64

Valve Index

Brunner CLS-E w/RS F16GRH, Virpil TCS Rotor Plus Collective, BRD F1 Pedals, WH Throttle, FSSB R3 w/WH Grip, PointCTRL v1

Thanks for all the kind comments, Ill try to work a little bit more on the "weathering", allthough I already like it as it is right now. :thumbup:

BTW: Here is the new Download Link on the DCS Side:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/346716/

(For some reason the download button doesnt work yet, hope theyll fix it soon!)

Edited by Lt.Seahawk

looks amazing , can you make same skin with this icon for turkish army?

20120202_kizilay-dan-van-ve-somali-raporu.jpg

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I see what I can do for ya ;)

Here is the latest Version of my Huey currently getting uploaded to the DCS Website, I will let you guys know when its available.

Changes:

Reworked the Medevac Signs (they are more realistic now)

Added alot of Scratches and Oil Spots just like the real Huey

Reworked the Hueys color so that it looks more "worn out"

Have fun with it.

med1_zps20766625.jpg

med2_zps7f6a1edb.jpg

med3_zps80cd415e.jpg

looks amazing with wornout style . can't wait for Turkish army version.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hello,

I really like you "Flat Iron", your work is very awesome and incredible.

Congratulation for this creation and this sharing.

Best regards, Skull.

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I have this repaint, please can you wait few hours and I give you a link for download it ?

Skull.

LtSeahawk, that is an awesome skin! Minus the "Flat Iron" on the door, it would make a great generic medevac skin. The only comment I would add is that, back in 1976-77, when I was going through flight school at Ft Ruker, the Flat Iron ships were painted white with red bands aroun the tail boom and nose. I admit that, after 40 years, my memory may be a bit foggy, but I did get a ride in one while a WOC there and I'm pretty sure that it was white, very much like the paint scheme the helicopters stationed up in Alaska had.

I agree with the others though, this should be added to the stock skins by Belsimtec :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@AG-51_Razor

Yes, white liveries were used commonly, but I saw some green ones too http://www.fireballmodels.info/images/FMD-15_3.jpg . The only real life photos are from nowdays, so that's all I have ;)

As for generic medevac you're 100% right, maybe the upper nose could get black paint though.

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

Samek, I've no doubt you are correct. As for the nose, I don't remember ever seeing any of the UH-1H's that I flew in the Army from '77-80 with a black nose. This was probably due to the very dark and flat IR suppresant paint schemes they had, which appears to be the same on the Flat Iron skin. A truly beautiful job!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Samek please can you check this and tell me if it's good or not ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/73xp9za7fyx3z9t/Flat%20Iron.rar?dl=0

Bye, Skull.

Thank you very much!

@AG-51_Razor

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I thinking about generic Vietnam era paint scheme, which has nothing to do with Flat Iron theme indeed! Anyways, this repaint is beautiful, deserves to be included with DCS!

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)