Downloading Now.

DPS

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

tip number 1 is, dont download it from the russian website, uber slow and i find that the files they have on there now were always giving me an error code straight after unpacking, luckily i found my cd with copies of FC and i used that instead.

Oh no, I was affraid of that. Can't afford to spend too much time fixing/sorting d/l problems. Might have to EJECT and let ED keep the $14.95 as a donation - Lock On 1.02 was a bargain anyway. Are the CDs all working now? If they are I might go down that route - or go back to v1.02 and wait for Black Sheep (or whatever it is called) in the hope that the act of putting the sim on my machine is as easy as F4AF.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Same thing happened to me when I downloaded LO-FC !!! I was expecting a 100kbps and got only 85-90! same when I got the season and movies pack. ;)

You should verify your download link - it certainly is the culprit, as ED is not using 56k modems for downloads.

If you don't want to keep it, send me a PM , I know of one or two who might be interested - they may buy it from you.

*LO Black Sheep LOL! BAAAAAAA :D

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

dps, gimme ur address and i will send u a working copy on cd if you wish.

if you want it that is, pm me with ur addy dont paste it on the forums if you are interested.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Same thing happened to me when I downloaded LO-FC !!! I was expecting a 100kbps and got only 85-90! same when I got the season and movies pack. ;)

You should verify your download link - it certainly is the culprit, as ED is not using 56k modems for downloads.

If you don't want to keep it, send me a PM , I know of one or two who might be interested - they may buy it from you.

*LO Black Sheep LOL! BAAAAAAA :D

In my opinion thomas, i think its eds crap line or there files on the server is messed up. I got fc from them ages and ages ago at uber fast speed, then as of a month ago i tried to download it again, i tried like 5 times and it took about 7+hrs on each occasion and every download was the same. error code 3 or something. Not sure if it was 3 but it was error code# on unpacking. thus making me believe that eds line is bad or there files are corrput.

In the end i hunted for my cd with copies and first time install...

Guest ThomasDWeiss

WOW !!! I didn't know that - maybe ED should look carefully what is happening with their service, I too downloaded it the day it came out and it was very fast.

Those that are downloading now and get crappy service certainly won't pay US$39 to bet Black Sharkl using ED dl service.

Success!! It took 10 hrs on my 2.2Mbps connection (don't think it's ever actually ever been that fast) although d/l did speed up at around 23:00 GMT. Patched to 1.11 from the mirror at the top of the list; ten times faster and of course only took a matter of minutes. No corupted files either.

With the benefit of hindsight buying the CD might have been the better bet. I've had CDs from the likes of simware in three of four working days. Thanks for the offer Scotsman.

I've just had a wizz around in the A-10 (have those skins been improved?) and I must say I like what I seen so far.

Left mine running last night, but it had stalled...:(

BUT - started it again 07:00 this morning - went like lightning!

Shame I have to go to work in 20 mins :rolleyes:

Core i5-4690K O/C 4.2 GHz - 16GB RAM - RTX3070

HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Flight Pedals - TrackIR 5

So many modules, not enough time...