TARS is now compatible with Flaming Cliffs 3

Headspace

Years ago, I used with great pleasure an overlay tool (with FS9/IVAO), so I'm all for it.

One concern, though: will it require the simulator to be set in fullscreen? I would rather not, if technically possible...

spacer.png

Great software, thank you.

We discovered a bug or something like that. If a player eject he is able to hear and speak with all 3 radios (for FC3). Then when he switches to another plane he is still able to hear and speak with all 3 radios even without the radios are powered.

Great job, thank you Headspace.

If someone has problem working of tars 1.0.2.4 after the first installation, because tars not running, close TS, uninstall Tars and delete tars cartel in this folder User/saved games/DCS/TARS and reinstall Tars a second time. The second installation will definitive run tars, this is necessary both server host and PC Player.

This happened to my Squadron also with the previous version of software and with last version.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by flap

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our team spent two hours to get TARS working for all of us tonight. For 5/6 of us, everything worked immediately... Beautiful! One person had problem after problem, but I think we've nailed it down to driver issues causing input recognition problems. In the brief time we spent testing, everything worked perfectly. Definitely a keeper for our group. Using FC3 style radios, signal attenuation for FM frequencies seemed a little underplayed perhaps, having no loss of quality at 35NM with both stations near ground level... What kind of output power is simulated for FC3?

Yep. The problem is that it would require modifying aspects of the game that aren't Export-based. Making an overlay (which would have the same UI workflow as the radio menu) is a very similar solution.

Are you referring to some flavor of DX hook? For stability reasons, I'm wary of those by default... I was referring to the use of native UI elements

Edited by aaron886

This is awesome.

I wish to invite everyone on <51>SERVER that hosts dedicated TARS channel on its own TS3 and encourages using at the same time both AI-comms and HUMAN-comms on same regulated traffic frequencies.

Use it freely to test out your TARS setups. This way we can tell how many TARS users actually are active. I will maintain this channel for the TARS community and react to your requests.

Enter our flight server through lobby or direct IP address: 51st.hopto.org

Enter our TS3 via: 51st.hopto.org, and look for Server Lobby / TARS

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Our team spent two hours to get TARS working for all of us tonight. For 5/6 of us, everything worked immediately... Beautiful! One person had problem after problem, but I think we've nailed it down to driver issues causing input recognition problems. In the brief time we spent testing, everything worked perfectly. Definitely a keeper for our group. Using FC3 style radios, signal attenuation for FM frequencies seemed a little underplayed perhaps, having no loss of quality at 35NM with both stations near ground level... What kind of output power is simulated for FC3?

The output power is probably a little too high at this point. I'm focusing on a better radio simulation over the summer, but obviously more time went into the AM side of things than the FM side originally which is probably why you're seeing what you're seeing.

Are you referring to some flavor of DX hook? For stability reasons, I'm wary of those by default... I was referring to the use of native UI elements

Yes but it's easier to make a DX hook for one game that works than it is to make a DX hook for any and all games that use DX (i.e. Fraps).

Hi,

As squad we have a kind request regarding TARS functionality.

We wish to regain ability to whisper to TS3 channels with no-plugin users (while we are flying with plug-in) and be able to hear whispered response to TARS channel, while using TARS logic with TARS users on the same "TARS" named channel.

Please advice if there is a workaround.

tail# 44 or 444

Hey I Just D/L the Latest ver of TARS "Thanks Headspace". Problem I am having is in the control panel under games. Tars is pointing to my config path for DCS under "user saved games then DCS which has my config file. I click install and it turns green saying TARS installed but it also says my game is not installed. it reads like this in the control panel. DCS: World Game not Found (Tars installed) and it is all in green . I checked all the paths in game and everything appears to be in the right spot like export Lua and Tars folder etc etc

Hey I Just D/L the Latest ver of TARS "Thanks Headspace". Problem I am having is in the control panel under games. Tars is pointing to my config path for DCS under "user saved games then DCS which has my config file. I click install and it turns green saying TARS installed but it also says my game is not installed. it reads like this in the control panel. DCS: World Game not Found (Tars installed) and it is all in green . I checked all the paths in game and everything appears to be in the right spot like export Lua and Tars folder etc etc

Chazz:

My guess is that it can't get to the Eagle Dynamics install folder to check the version of DCS--that's what would produce that message. If TARS is working fine then you don't need to do anything. See what it says when you run it as Administrator.

The CP has some features that worked well for standalone installs like Black Shark and A-10 Warthog but have become redundant for DCS World. It may be time to prune it down a little.

Ran it in Admin Mode and the messg is the same. Just to be clear this is my path for the Tars install

C:\Users\C360\Saved Games\DCS that is how it should look, right?

That's correct. You should be good to go.

Further questions please bring to the TARS thread in the DCS mods forum. Let me know (in that thread, if you could) if you are running in 32 bit mode. Thanks!

Can somebody explain step by step how to use TARS in communication between A-10C and UH-1 ? We are flying in our squad on A-10C, but I have a Huey, and I want to communicate with A-10C. I have my TARS PTT buttons bind with my HOTAS Warthog throttle:

Radio 1: Mic switch down (A-10C UHF)

Radio 2: Mic switch forward (A-10C VHF AM)

Radio 3: Mic switch back (A-10C VHF FM)

Should i use this three buttons in UH-1 or use Radio ICS Switch, which is located on the cyclic stick?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can somebody explain step by step how to use TARS in communication between A-10C and UH-1 ? We are flying in our squad on A-10C, but I have a Huey, and I want to communicate with A-10C. I have my TARS PTT buttons bind with my HOTAS Warthog throttle:

Radio 1: Mic switch down (A-10C UHF)

Radio 2: Mic switch forward (A-10C VHF AM)

Radio 3: Mic switch back (A-10C VHF FM)

Should i use this three buttons in UH-1 or use Radio ICS Switch, which is located on the cyclic stick?

You have to select your radio there (and then use PTT or voice activation):

huey-tars.jpg.5f2494c64fc84bb5159dcd8ef8080314.jpg

Here's the thing, guys.

Different aircraft have different intercom systems. We can't just say that multi-PTT will be universal, or that using an intercom switch will be. So there have to be different ways of doing it and that's why the different intercoms are modeled the way they are.

I also realize the TARS documentation is quite old at this point and we will be putting together some new documentation along with the new iteration of TARS.

The output power is probably a little too high at this point. I'm focusing on a better radio simulation over the summer, but obviously more time went into the AM side of things than the FM side originally which is probably why you're seeing what you're seeing.

Yes but it's easier to make a DX hook for one game that works than it is to make a DX hook for any and all games that use DX (i.e. Fraps).

Fair enough! Thanks again for your hard work, I actually look forward to checking in on the radios now thanks to TARS. :)

I installed Tars yesterday and flew a bit with a buddy in the Huey. This is so awesome ! Didn't even know before that audio from different radios comes from different "directions", we were amazed !

Just a pity that in the Huey (don't know about the other birds) they didn't build in a warning light or anything when your radios are shot up, you just wonder why nobody talks to you anymore ;-)

Flew a training mission last night with A-10s/Hokums/Hueys and the odd su27 using TARS with a tower and ground controller. Had an absolute blast.

Keep up the great work Headspace, TARS is very much appreciated.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

• 2 weeks later...

It seems TARS no longer works only on our <51>SERVER.

Although my touch-panel with dials and switches (HELIOS) works fine, and it uses exports too.

Can you quickly point me what is going on so I make sure our admin adjust file configs?

Once this is fixed lets plan some TARS fly-in event, wanna?

tail# 44 or 444