Update screwed Radio COM

BiBa

The automatic update that took place today screwed the Radio COM in the BS2!. When a mission starts, the Radio Menu is available and commands are normally audio-implemented, but a few minutes after that, the Radio Menu doesn't open anymore, nor any other standard command to Wingman that I've assigned on the HOTAS can be activated. I restarted the computer & BS2 but the same problem still remains. Is anybody else having the same syndroms?

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

Use RALT \ instead of \ for comms.

Thanks for the good Tip, (RALT \)

but what about the rest of the Flight commands with "LWin + *", how do I fix that, They're also not reacting anymore!

By the way the RAlt + \ command belongs to SPU-9 PTT in the Ins Cyclic Stick, I wondered what was that for, now I know...

Edited by Biba

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

The 127.50 COM was supposed to be a universal communication channel for Flight and ATC. Now the Flight is only responding to 124.00 and the ATC only to their respective number. But stupidly they took off the Channel number out of the Radio ATC Menu.

It is a good thing to set the communication to a higher realistic level in SIM like in the A-10, but the user should also be warned and supported with sufficient information to do the proper communication and spare him the trouble of finding out by himself what's going wrong.

So as a pass by first, we need prompt a clue where to find the list of all ATC COMs!

Edited by Biba

You can find the ATC freq in the F10 view. Just click on the >me< button to center the view on your plane. Then click on the closest airport symbol and you will find the ATC freq in the info box in the lower left corner.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can find the ATC freq in the F10 view. Just click on the >me< button to center the view on your plane. Then click on the closest airport symbol and you will find the ATC freq in the info box in the lower left corner.

Thanks for the Tip... I wonder if the Frequency shouldn't be implemented in the ABRIS Sub-Modes/Info/Airport (compared with the A-10 CDU). If not, these Info should be on the Knee-board of the Pilot for e.g. like in real life. As this Knee-board already exist, I suggest changing the Mapping of its content with a list all Airport frequencies. Shifting to the Map implies pausing the flight which ruins the reality of it. Awesome would be if there is a way to implement a chosen Screenshot* of the Map (F10) into the Knee-board to keep always a realistic overview of the battlefield in the Cockpit! (*like by clicking once on the Knee-board the last in-between saved Screenshot is mapped in)

Hope the programmer considers these two options for the sake of perfectionism.

Edited by Biba

Thanks for the Tip... I wonder if the Frequency shouldn't be implemented in the ABRIS Sub-Modes/Info/Airport (compared with the A-10 CDU). If not, these Info should be on the Knee-board of the Pilot for e.g. like in real life. As this Knee-board already exist, I suggest changing the Mapping of its content with a list all Airport frequencies. Shifting to the Map implies pausing the flight which ruins the reality of it. Awesome would be if there is a way to implement a chosen Screenshot of the Map (F10) into the Knee-board to keep always a realistic overview of the battlefield in the Cockpit!

Hope the programmer considers these two options for the sake of perfectionism.

Apart from that, a good mission briefing contains the important ATC frequencies as well as FARP and Tanker freqs (and TACAN freqs). However, i see too many missions without it. Especially the Tanker freqs are very important as there is no other trick to find their freqs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Apart from that, a good mission briefing contains the important ATC frequencies as well as FARP and Tanker freqs (and TACAN freqs). However, i see too many missions without it. Especially the Tanker freqs are very important as there is no other trick to find their freqs.

They're mostly the default ones.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Easy comms can lead to bugged communication sometimes (ex Wingman 4 not listed...). be sure not to use it too.

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

Easy comms can lead to bugged communication sometimes (ex Wingman 4 not listed...). be sure not to use it too.

...I only fly SIM! Thanks for the warning anyhow...

The Keyboard Command for Communication Menu is solved (\ = RAlt + \)

What about all the other 8 Wingmen commands under Options/Controls/Radio Communications that start with LWin + *? They're also not reacting anymore.

Should also a RAlt be added to them too?

Edited by Biba

Check options and key assignments. They are all there.

... That's exactly to what I was referring to up there, all eight commands are not functioning any more with the new update! :doh:

And you're SURE you're not missing any KB / JS mappings? Just saying, because mine work as before...

I had them on my HOTAS & didn't change anything! They were working fine alright, but after the latest update not anymore at the same time as the problem with Radio Menu occurred! (Ralt + \) That is for sure not a coincidence...

I had them on my HOTAS & didn't change anything! They were working fine alright, but after the latest update not anymore at the same time as the problem with Radio Menu occurred! (Ralt + \) That is for sure not a coincidence...

Attached is the proof of my BS Radio Communications and my Saitek 52 Mapping!

864346810_RadioCommunications.jpg.9dd73693203c7d195bfd6711ce919fff.jpg

1928204238_RadioSaitekX52.jpg.30984f4b9c08d3c07bf65b1d94781a2c.jpg