SA Online Tour: SATAC 2013

FLANKERATOR

Satac.jpg

Official Brackets, Schedule and Sierra Hotel

http://sa-sim.com/?p=5535

PRESENTATION

SATAC is a Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 Force on Force match based community event for Air Superiority virtual squadrons and wings. This event has been initially created by the 51st PVO Regiment in 2011 but got postponed since then. Now with FC3 officially released, we feel this could be the right moment to finally run this exciting contest of teamwork and proficiency and what better air combat simulator to host such showdown than DCS World.

Many squadrons are very active online and run advanced training programs for their pilots. FC1 era has seen RvE on top as they won the FORTIS dogfight championship twice. With FC2, we have seen the undefeated 51st PVO regiment in the spotlight with more than 20 wins in a row over many squadrons between 2008 and 2011.

Will RvE resuscitate to claim the 2013 crown, will 51st come out on top and prove teamwork and discipline unbeatable, will 104th experienced and talented pilots prevail or will we witness the rise of a new squadron?

SATAC 2013 is the next episode and the online battlefield has never been fiercer, who will rise to the challenge and shine as the ultimate 2013 Air Superiority virtual Squadron?

RULEBOOK

This rulebook is based on SATAC FC2 rulebook_v3 made by 51st PVO.

1. Structure

• Best of 3 rounds match: First team to win 2 rounds is declared winner and advances to next round.
  • Direct elimination draw as opposed to round robin pool, this means winner advances to next round, looser goes home. Seeding teams will be based on squadron vs squadron MP history, recent performances and ultimately individual SA air-to-air rankings.
  • Each match should be flown as a 4vs4, 5vs5 or 6vs6 Fighter Sweep mission. The goal of each match is air supremacy over a 148km radius combat zone.
Available aircrafts to each team are: F-15C, Mig-29S and Su-27S. These aircrafts are available on both sides and can be mixed.

Weapon restriction: R-77 missile not allowed on Su-27S, F15C must not carry more than 6 AIM-120 missiles.

A round is won if one team neutralize all opposing aircrafts and manage to bring at least one of its own units back to home base. Neutralizing means destroying or forcing the bandit out of the combat zone. Failing to return to base will force a draw and the round will have to be replayed.

Entering combat zone on time: All aircrafts MUST enter combat zone within 15mn after takeoff. Entering combat zone means getting within 80km/49nm from Waypoint 1.

Holding combat Zone: All aircrafts MUST stay within combat zone as long as there is at least 1 bandit inside combat zone. Any aircraft exiting combat zone (more than 80km/49nm from waypoint1) BEFORE neutralizing all bandits has to exit the server and is considered neutralized (mission failure).
clip_image002.jpg

2. Teams

A team should have at least 4 pilots; large squadrons can register more than one team. Pilots will not be able to switch teams and will have to stick to their initial team. It’s important to have reserve pilots in order to avoid cancellation or walk over in case of a no show.

3. Server Rules:

• 51st PVO dedicated server is the official SATAC 2013 server.
  • The track of the server must always be saved. This is the reference track which will be used for determining unsolved match results.
Server settings must be set to Simulation

1. MAP VIEW must be off

2. EXTERNALS must be off
  3. PADLOCK must be off

4. LABELS must be off
  5. MINI HUD must be off
  6. No unlimited weapons, unlimited fuel or immortality
  7. Bird strikes must be set at 0%
  8. G-Effects must be set at Simulation
  9. network.cfg :allow_object_export = false

4. Flight Rules

• Pilots have one life per round.
  • Pilots have one sortie per round. There will be no rearming or refueling during a round. Pilots must leave the server right away upon landing.
  • Any pilot out of the round must leave the server immediately. Once the round is over, all pilots can reenter to fly the next round.
Prior to takeoff, each team should taxi and line up on the runway and hold. Once ready, the team should post in chat:[squadron] Ready! After both teams have declared this, the round begins and each team must take off within one minute.

If someone disconnects from the server, he cannot reconnect for that round. Lag related crashes or disconnects before Ready announcement is not included in this rule.

5. Preflight Checklist:

• Update to latest version of DCS World.
  • Uninstall any mod that could potentially conflict with the server’s Integrity Check.
Switch Tacview recording off.

Give priority to frame rate over high texture for the duration of the match (You may want to : switch to medium preset – remove canopy scratches – ensure cockpit lights are off…)

Run a Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter

Reboot your computer

Check your router signal strength, reboot if necessary and inform other users not to reset it.

Keep your CPU and memory dedicated to DCS: Do not run unnecessary applications or browsers in the background.

Set DCS connection settings to LAN

REGISTRATION and SCHEDULE

A team should have at least 4 pilots. Large squadrons can register more than one team. It’s important to have reserve pilots in order to avoid cancellation or walk over in case of a no show.

Please fill up the form below:

• Squadron name:
  • Squadron Logo:
  • Squadron Leader:
  • Wingmen List:
  • Fighter Aircraft:
  • Official motto:

Important Note: Since this is a squadron based event, we don't want lone-wolfs to miss the party. If you are a lone-wolf and would like to participate, you can still register and form 'Mercenaries' teams with other lone wolf pilots.

Round 1 matches scheduled for :

Saturday June 8th at 6pm zulu time.

Hosting server: 51st PVO dedicated server.

Registration deadline: June 1st.

Draw and order of play will be announced after closing registration.

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squadron name: 373rd vFS ''Phoenix''

Squadron Logo:

th_373-4.gif

Squadron Leader: 373rd_Greg

Wingmen List: Chrico,Daredevil,Geo,F46,SPANKER,Talos,Panthir,Silver

Fighter Aircraft: F-15C/SU-27

Official motto:''Πάμε γερά!'' :smartass:

Edited by gregzagk

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Squadron name: NFI

Squadron Logo:

134035ta7t9nub67a7sdb7.png

Squadron Leader: NFI_651/bird-1

Wingmen List: NFI_651/bird-1, NFI_101/bird-2,NFI_107/bird-3,NFI_665/bird-8,NFI_131/bird-18,NFI_716/bird-21,NFI_516/bird-22,NFI_790/bird-28

Fighter Aircraft: F15C

Official motto:Fight for Friendship

Edited by bird-1

NFI_651/bird-1

NFI Chinese Web

Intel i7 6800k OC 3.7GHz | MSI X99 | Nvidia GTC1060 6G | DDR4 2400MHz 32GB | Sumsung SSD 256GB | Apple 27’LCD | TM Hotas Warthog for A10C & Cougar for FC3 | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic63864_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Looks neat. Will there be a way for spectators to view the match in realtime?

I think the answer is no bucause it will be a big pressure for the server and network.

NFI_651/bird-1

NFI Chinese Web

Intel i7 6800k OC 3.7GHz | MSI X99 | Nvidia GTC1060 6G | DDR4 2400MHz 32GB | Sumsung SSD 256GB | Apple 27’LCD | TM Hotas Warthog for A10C & Cougar for FC3 | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

Welcome NFI!

@kk0425: It would be awesome to live stream matches online. Unfortunately, this means external views have to be on which is against the event rules.

Another option would be to use 'LotAtc 4' and live stream the radar screen. I will get in touch with NFI and 51st to see if we can include GCI.

Edited by FLANKERATOR

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

That could be nice :) Remembers me of the movie "Sky Fighters".

Don't hesitate to ask for help if needed.

Thanks man for the support. I would like to congratulate you guys for the excellent job done at producing this excellent software. To be honest, the more I think about including LotAtc4 the more I like it and have already suggested it to NFI and 51st. We are still thinking about it.

Nevertheless, the main concern now is the low number of participating squadrons (2 until now). There doesn't seem to be enough interest or maybe teams will start registering soon. A bit sad given the high potential of such event in term of air-to-air training for FC3 squadrons.

Thanks man for the support. I would like to congratulate you guys for the excellent job done at producing this excellent software. To be honest, the more I think about including LotAtc4 the more I like it and have already suggested it to NFI and 51st. We are still thinking about it.

Nevertheless, the main concern now is the low number of participating squadrons (2 until now). There doesn't seem to be enough interest or maybe teams will start registering soon. A bit sad given the high potential of such event in term of air-to-air training for FC3 squadrons.

Thanks you! I really appreciate that :)

Good luck for the event, and as Azrayen said, do not hesitate if you need some help with LotAtc.

Will there tracks or Tacview recordings of the event? That seems like a good a good way to share the event with the wider community, and to offer some insight into the dynamics of squadron versus squadron combat that most people will never experience.

I hope the position of the squadrons involved if not one of 'secrecy', as the various air-to-air tactics that will be employed are not magic. The pleasure as a viewer is not in discovering some secret squadron knowledge or amazing trick (give me a break), but in seeing good tactics well executed. For what it's worth, this is just my opinion as a player not in a squadron.

Squadron name: UVP (Institution of Virtual Pilots)

Squadron Logo:

UVPL.jpg

Squadron Leader (SPOC): Alexej

Wingmen List:: SVK_Trup,Molnija, Mechan,Saburo,RocketDog, StrikeR,Coprex,Martas,Tinka

Official motto: Plány Imperialistů zhatí naši vepři boubelatí !

PS: Our pilots will diveded at least to two groups by the end of the next week.

Edited by alexej21

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......

I thinks SATAC 2013 should not begin until FC3 is absolutely perfect, maybe wait till FC3 1.2.5 published.

NFI_651/bird-1

NFI Chinese Web

I thinks SATAC 2013 should not begin until FC3 is absolutely perfect, maybe wait till FC3 1.2.5 published.

It will never be perfect. It's constantly improving and we have reached the point where we can host MP events decently. 373rd, UVP with 2 teams, NFI are in. 36th and FSF hopefully on the way so we are not far from an 8 team draw starting on quarter finals. Looking good so far.

Yes I agree to fly with this version too.

There will always be some bugs left inside a pc game. But if it's playable I think it's ok.

I believe FC3 reached a pretty stable version now so that we can fly online events .

If we will wait for a perfect version I think we will lose the main point which is to have fun with what we already have at this moment .

When FC3 and DCS World gets more stable we can fly again and again :)

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Squadron name: =GR= LockOn/DCS HELLAS 113vFW "EGEAS" (Unique Code: =GR= & =GR=113th.)

Squadron Logo: 113aig11.jpg

Squadron Leader: =GR=Tiger

Wingmen List: 4 or 6 pilots (names will be updated very soon)

Official motto:"Aegean Gardians"

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

At the moment are

=GR=Vaggos Hunter

=GR=Talos SU-27

=GR=Tiger (propably. It will be last minute call) SU-27 ukrainian colors with the number 56 :P

If we are not alot the propably and i say propably we will assist the second team of 373.

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

Ciao Flankerator, as promised here I am with my Team!

The name of Flock is:

36° Stormo Virtuale

the logo is:

36aquila%20TUTTO%20RILIEVO%20500x500.png

The leader:

=36= Gaanalma

The Wingman:

=36= Scorpion

=36= Lowlee

=36= Eircog

=36= Denny

Aircraft: Mig29S, Su27 and F15