Why push DCS Updates before compatible versions of the modules are on the site?

jers

Use the Module Manager.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

If you're logged in, and you've purchased A-10C/UH-1H, then you should have an Install button.

or Start a Command Prompt

Type: CD\

ENTER Key

Type: CD Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Bin\

ENTER Key

Type: DCS_updater.exe install A-10C

ENTER KEY

Not sure what the HUEY Code is,

Try:

DCS_updater.exe install UH-1H

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

This still kinda highlights a problem though, because if you bought A-10C off of Steam or as the standalone boxed version, you can't see that in the module manager except for under the next tab - where you can't choose to install / update, only see the actual serial number you have for it.

It seems the list only shows bought modules from the website, but should instead check, just like tab 2, if you own a serial number for it and make it possible to manage it just like the ones you bought straight up from the site. Reckon the check is against the buy list instead of the activations list or something like that.

Updates are pushed out ahead of the installers for the reason c0ff stated in another thread.

Like i said, you can use command line to install or revert back and install then update again.

What if ED actually documented the Module Manager and provided instructions for folks in these situations? Just a thought.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

like a nice HOW TO video on youtube

What if ED actually documented the Module Manager and provided instructions for folks in these situations? Just a thought.

like a nice HOW TO video on youtube

+1

There have been a lot of questions from forum members lately about this.

If there was a way to integrate your keys from steam onto the EA site, that would help as well, so people get the "install" option instead of "buy" for the Module Manager.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Yes, an option to integrate into the Module Manager serial numbers that we didn't get by buying directly from ED (for example, Steam serials) would be VERY welcome.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

my Steam A-10C shows up... Shrug....

It shows up under one part of ED's site, but not on the other..

Rightfully so, one shows "myserials" and one shows account purchases.

Installed modules are updated through the auto-updater together with the update of DCS World. Why bother with module updates through the module manager?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Installed modules are updated through the auto-updater together with the update of DCS World. Why bother with module updates through the module manager?

Some people have updated DCS: World before installing their modules.

In this case, the "older" downloadable module from the website no longer installs on the most recent version of World. So, they can either revert back to an older build, then install the module via website download, OR just use the module manager to get the latest build of that module. Problem is, not everyone has all their owned modules available through the Module Manager, hence the problem.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

Well if you just downloaded the full version of world, and ran it, the only way to get the module without reinstalling would be the module manager.

We talk about updates, not new full installations.

Problem is, not everyone has all their owned modules available through the Module Manager, hence the problem.

Was not aware of this problem.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

What I meant was that if someone has been playing with just the SU25T (for example) in World and has updated to a sub-version which cannot be downloaded on its own yet. If this person then purchases a module, their only way to install it would be the module manager I think, unless they wanted to temporarily roll back their version of World.

If they're only updating something they already have installed, there is no need for the module manager, as the auto updater does this job.

Anyone have a good thread bookmarked that explains these issues to a DCS beginner? Thanks!

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

When I recently purchase the Huey the banter in forums was to install using the module manager. There was no install button in the module manager just the buy button on the right. I then downloaded the install from DCS site which was the previous patch version. When I attempted to install this version up popped a message saying that it was incompatible with the current install and couldn't proceed. However what it must have done was update the registry in trying to install it because I then went into DCS Module Manager and the install button was now available. I clicked it and it then downloaded it again from there and it all went well. Not a solid install procedure I must say.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Well if you just downloaded the full version of world, and ran it, the only way to get the module without reinstalling would be the module manager.

I have the full version and only update with the auto-updater, not using the Module Manager. I used to update long-hand. What a joy using the auto-updater.

What's up with the FW-190D9? It shows up like the Su-25T in the Installed modules listing, but with no key. I have the Su-25T with no key. I do not have the FW-190D9.

I have all the modules except CA. My Black Shark is the Upgrade version since BS1.

Module Manager shows me logged in, yet in the Home location of DCS where I have purchased all my stuff in the past---I am not logged in. Seems like a security risk if somebody cracked my PC to get my keys; granted it is not likely to happen, but I would think it could be an incentive for a person knowledgeable in the craft. The keys are most likely found in a file for each module within My Computer, somewhere, even without using Module Manager, just not easy to find.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe the module manager is basically a gateway between dcs and the dcs website(order history) Keys are pulled from the website linked to the purchase email address.

Pacotito

I7-5820k@4.5 Z99 extreme4 16gb ddr4

520gb ssd. Gigabyte ssc GTX960 SSC 4gb

I have the full version and only update with the auto-updater, not using the Module Manager. I used to update long-hand. What a joy using the auto-updater.

What's up with the FW-190D9? It shows up like the Su-25T in the Installed modules listing, but with no key. I have the Su-25T with no key. I do not have the FW-190D9.

I have all the modules except CA. My Black Shark is the Upgrade version since BS1.

Module Manager shows me logged in, yet in the Home location of DCS where I have purchased all my stuff in the past---I am not logged in. Seems like a security risk if somebody cracked my PC to get my keys; granted it is not likely to happen, but I would think it could be an incentive for a person knowledgeable in the craft. The keys are most likely found in a file for each module within My Computer, somewhere, even without using Module Manager, just not easy to find.

The FW-190D9 is AI only. I'm not sure why it appears as a module like that. It's designed as P-51 fodder and is not yet fit for user consumption.

IF it has a mod folder it will be in the Module Manager.

I can see the F-16 Flight Demo and some others.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45