Fix for sound issues

TurboHog

fix sorte of worked there still is not RPM warning horn..:joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

It is working here, rpm warning and all.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Seems to work for everyone so far so, just to check:

Copy this folder (the actual "cockpit" folder, not just the files within):

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit

Paste it into this folder:

DCS World\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Uh-1H

So the copied folder is now in the ...\UH-1H folder.

AND

Copy this folder (again, the "cockpit" folder)

DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Sounds\Aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit

And paste into this folder:

DCS World\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Uh-1H

So now there's that cockpit folder within your Uh-1H folder.

I hope it works out!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same for me. And I don't hear the force trim clickclack, only the sound of pressing the button.

I did the fix, following precisely those paths.

• ED Team

I am guessing Belsimtek are aware of the issue, not seen any official response from them any where ?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is there a list anywhere of what the specific sound issues are and what is actually being fixed by this tweak?

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Thanks, TurboHog! The fix worked like a charm, and now I can again hear that lovely alarm wailing at cold start :)

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Same for me. And I don't hear the force trim clickclack, only the sound of pressing the button.

I did the fix, following precisely those paths.

yeep followed to a T and the sounds don't work! :joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Can you confirm the contents of these folders please (path in adres bar, but you probably knew that)? Perhaps something went missing or crooked or whatever.

If yours is identical to mine then the only other thing i can think of is that somewhere, somehow a sound config files is to blame.

Uh-1Hsoundfiles_zpsf6a2ff11.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can you confirm the contents of these folders please (path in adres bar, but you probably knew that)? Perhaps something went missing or crooked or whatever.

If yours is identical to mine then the only other thing i can think of is that somewhere, somehow a sound config files is to blame.

I seem to have more sounds in there than you do. also I have this too outside the other foulders is this right?

I have the same files in my effects\aircrafts folder as you. Now inside that uh-1h folder it should look like this:

Uh-1Hsoundfiles2_zpsc59b6a1a.jpg

The folder named cockpit is the one you copied from:

...\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit

Inside that Cockpit folder are the files that i posted before (left window in the pic):

EDIT:

If you have different or more/less files in the cockpit folder then it could be you copied the wrong folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

for some reason I have double folders in the uh1

That's correct. In the aircrafts folder in your shot lies uh-1h\cockpit. It is that cockpit folder you need to copy and add into your:

...\DCS World\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Uh-1H.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all, for me is the same, copying or not copying the folder, either way, I hear the same inside cabin.

I tried copying the folder only "cockpit", also to only the files within it, and still the same.

You could explain me, please, what difference in the sounds I hear?.

Thank you.

ok I reinstalled and auto-updated and did not get any sound bugs this time around. I'm going to suggest it might be a download issue when to many people are on updating?

:joystick::pilotfly:

ok I reinstalled and auto-updated and did not get any sound bugs this time around. I'm going to suggest it might be a download issue when to many people are on updating?

:joystick::pilotfly:

Should I or shouldn't I update?:huh:

Kirk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

need word from devs

We urgently need official word from BST on this matter. Otherwise we cannot be sure if we should copy files around within the directory tree structure of DCS World (using the temporary fix), or if this might break future auto-update. We need the official guidelines what to do about this bug.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Indeed we do, Wolle. However, if you wory about future compatability, there is the option of copying the sound folders in as a mod through JSGME. That way you won't tamper with the actual DCS file structure.

Should have done that myself too but i guess my hands were going quicker than my thoughts (again).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for the double post, but i feel i should add to this.

In case anyone was wondering: Prior to running the May 27th update, i removed the copied cockpit folders from DCS: world.

After the update everything works again as intended on my end, without the fix.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No sounds bug for me too after the update. Sounds like it's fixed.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p