Best Mods for use in 1.2.4 ?

Scarecrow

Mustang, is there any way of combining your mod with PeterPs 'HDR with a 'D' like Dynamic for DCS 1.2.4 mod'?

They both modify the hdr.fx file.

I've used Notepad++'s compare files function, to see the differences, in the hope that i can combine them, but my brain just turns to mush lol

Regards,

Milli

Mustang, is there any way of combining your mod with PeterPs 'HDR with a 'D' like Dynamic for DCS 1.2.4 mod'?

They both modify the hdr.fx file.

I've used Notepad++'s compare files function, to see the differences, in the hope that i can combine them, but my brain just turns to mush lol

Regards,

Milli

I believe you can use PeterP's hdr.fx with my mod, all I have changed in my file is line 313 (and his mod has the exact same change but with some other little differences elsewhere)

Mustang does your sky and terrain mod include smaller sun mod ?

Edit, i see its part of 1.2.3. by default now. thought i had kept re installing it.

im going to try to build a mega mod with everything in it to see how far it can whilst being viable. if at all.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed Migos Shkval Mod but it does not work if it's put into the folder it should be, at least according to the zip file folder structure.

Instead the bmp must be renamed to SHKVAL_MASK.bmp and put here:

\DCS World\_MODS\skhval\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Resources\IndicationTextures\

have fun :)

Edited by tranquillity

I just installed Migos Shkval Mod but it does not work if it's put into the folder it should be, at least according to the zip file folder structure.

Instead the bmp must be renamed to SHKVAL_MASK.bmp and put here:

\DCS World\_MODS\skhval\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Resources\IndicationTextures\

have fun :)

Thank you very much !

I would be very interested to know how you figured that one out, I have not ever heard of a _MODS folder ...

If I may write answer; If you work about mods (installing, creating etc.) or if you browse in DCS folders and if you know the folder system between previous DCS versions and latest, you can follow the changes and figure (and remember) files' location.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thank you very much !

I would be very interested to know how you figured that one out, I have not ever heard of a _MODS folder ...

It's for people who use JSGME to manage their mods. Highly recommended.

Tim "Stretch" Morgan

72nd VFW, 617th VFS

Other handles: Strikeout (72nd VFW, 15th MEU Realism Unit), RISCfuture (BMS forums)

PC and Peripherals: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/RISCfuture/saved/#view=DMp6XL

Win10 x64 — BMS — DCS — P3D

Yes it's taken a ton of trial and error to find the right values in the right files and now it looks (IMO of course) close to perfect.

:dunno:

Mustang if i remember correctly you made earlier a mod/correction against this smallshit north+south misalignment bug ? ? ? - or i dont know how to call this: - looks zig-zag if the road/runway/taxiway is not oriented to west+east or north+south :(

this is a very old bug :mad:

do you know a correction guys ?

TY

qgmo.jpg

7zo9.jpg

sign-pic4.jpg

:dunno:

Mustang if i remember correctly you made earlier a mod/correction against this smallshit north+south misalignment bug ? ? ? - or i dont know how to call this: - looks zig-zag if the road/runway/taxiway is not oriented to west+east or north+south :(

this is a very old bug :mad:

do you know a correction guys ?

Yes it's easy to fix, look in Bazar/Terrain and open terrain.cfg.lua:

line 79:

squareSize = 50.0;

Yes it's easy to fix, look in Bazar/Terrain and open terrain.cfg.lua:

line 79:

squareSize = 50.0;

:thumbsup: oh, thanks :doh:

but what is this squaresize ? - size of unified surface where program put smallshit grass ?

i guess i need to change size 150 to size 50 - does smaller size means less zig-zag but means more dense surface-squares of grass and more precise placement on the ground ? will it cause some FPS drop ?

- and why ED not corrected this already officially :dunno:

and one more: admins please change this thread name to: Best Mods for use in Current version - and please make it sticky :thumbup:

however i know there is already a sticky Mods Directory thread

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

:thumbsup: oh, thanks :doh:

but what is this squaresize ? - size of unified surface where program put smallshit grass ?

i guess i need to change size 150 to size 50 - does smaller size means less zig-zag but means more dense surface-squares of grass and more precise placement on the ground ? will it cause some FPS drop ?

Yes sorry I should have been more clearer, change from 150 to 50 and this will resolve any zig-zag situations, and as for FPS drop? I haven't noticed any difference on my end.

and one more: admins please change this thread name to: Best Mods for use in Current version - and please make it sticky :thumbup:

however i know there is already a sticky Mods Directory thread

It's a good idea but for it to work it would really need the first post regularly updated, otherwise people will be posting that a mod works and when someone else comes along they won't know what version that person was using, making the information pretty useless.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

I am looking for a great Sound mod, specially for the jets...

With a specific sound around all the jet airplanes...

I think it was made for DCS A-10C but not sure

I don't remember the name of it...if somebody can help me...

Thx

Chris

Yes you right it's the ZZZspacesound Mod ! Thx

I used this mode with DCS World 1.2.3 but after the 1.2.4 patch It's impossible to have the same "jets" sound...

I don't know why because for me there is no major change into the sound folder between 1.2.3 and 1.2.4...

OK, it's done, I have reinstalled the mod and now all is working perfectly...

Edited by Razorback

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
MUSTANG is your mod at post#2 indegraded at version 1.2.6?

Yes it works with 1.2.6 just fine, infact I have made a small 1.1 update to this mod that corrects sunlight/sky diffuse problems (warm HDR was especially prone to overbright sun levels -now fixed)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1766357&postcount=2

edit: sorry I just re-read what you said, no it isn't integrated into 1.2.6 but like I said it works fine with it.

Edited by Mustang

• 4 months later...

Update for 1.2.7

Try this one for size - the attached file contains newly adjusted sky colour effects (grey band on horizon and white haze over terrain is removed) better HDR, along with enhanced terrain rendering (terrain now blends correctly to horizon) I've created other versions of these files in the past but this is more of a final version.

VkugpuM.jpg

OcEGxaM.jpg

Simply open the file with WinRAR and copy the folders directly into the DCS main directory.

EDIT: please re-download the attachment if you've already installed it, the previous version had a tiny bug, now resolved.

EDIT 2: High.lua removed from package.

EDIT 3: updated hdr.fx with corrections to light diffuse values.

Other good mods to look for:

Corrected FC3 flyables HD pits

Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

6DOF for FC3

Increased overcast draw distance modification

these are just some of my favorites.

Hi Mustang,

is there an updated Version of this great enhance for 1.2.7?

Best

Nume

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Check out my channel