Accelerator pedal axis command does not work as expected

shagrat

It seems one of the last patches broke the "Accelerator pedal" Axis command.

Whatever axis I assign, no matter if I try slider, invert etc. the axis triggers acceleration, but as soon as I don't move it the vehicle will slow down, like it is supposed to do with the "w" accelaration key...

This did work fine when the accelerator axis command was introduced.

Any ideas? :cry:

EDIT: OOPS, WRONG SUBSECTION... ANY MODERATOR PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE BUGS THREAD?

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bump! 1.2.6 and still the Accelerator Axis works more like an "Accelerator pump"!

I tried some tweaks in the lua for the axis, but no success. It seems it is the function in the dll(?) that defines how acceleration works, so when the axis is not sending "input" all the time (which is not possible when at full throttle) the effect is like releasing the W key. The Tank slows down...

What really bothers me, is the fact: it did work in 1.2.2 or 1.2.3 when axis were first introduced.

My biggest issue is that I can't easily setup my "cockpit" to accomodate a FPS layout so keyboard on my lap is not exactly cool (I don't play ArmA, CoD etc. only Sims)

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I confirm. Sadly this module seems to be left abandoned.

All is due to the fact the controls of CA overlaps with the controls from general and with the ones for Downed pilot.

It should be 3 100% separated categories... but... :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 months later...
  • ED Team

It's known issue, thanks.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Since has been brought up again. Could we get Accelerator and Braking on 2 different axes? Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 4 months later...

this still seems to be broken in 1.2.8 is it going to get fixed.

I can image if the throttle on the A10C only worked if you "pumped" it then it would have been fixed by now.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

• 1 month later...

"DCS Summer Games" for throttle users :megalol:

The faster you pump the faster you drive...

Shagrat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I seams it's still broken in the 1.2.10 patch as well..Accelerator is "broken" (no JOY!)...DCS is now responsible for me not being able to walk a straight line I now over compensate to the right from all the pumping of the peddle..hehe...oh the pain..will they ever fix? Who can tell? Don't change that dial...Tune in for the next patch, for "Will they fix it?" (YES/NO?)... I hope the Dev's take a little time and try and fix.. Driving off road IMV..is dulled down and was over killed to the point the sim is not functionial. getting bogged down in open land and even on the slightest of inclines has been over baked...

Edited by Mojeaux

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Fixed in 1.2.12 ! Yeeeeehaaaaw!

Shagrat