GBU97/105 cant see skeets

Euan3251

Does anyone else have this before in F6 mode you could watch the gbu97 pop open then press F6 again the watch the skeets coming down on the tanks - awesome affect but seems to have been removed >>>>>:mad:

Anyone have the same or have i missed a post

So it wasn't just me...

You can see the bomb drop then detonate at HOF but that's it. No chutes, skeets or explosions. I thought it was me and left it at that.

Intel i5 4670 | GTX 970 | 8 gb Ram | Windows 10

Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudders | Logitech G27 | Astro A40

Maybe it's how they made the CBU FPS problem better.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

It's being worked on for 1.2.5 as much as I know... new effects...

Where did you find that information?

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

Maybe it's how they made the CBU FPS problem better.

The CBU FPS problem isn't anywhere close to being better...AFAIK the problem with the CBU-87/103 is the number of objects rendered, but the problem with CBU-97/105 is the explosions themselves.

if I remember, although u can't use F6 to track them now, If you pause and look carefully, I think I could still see skeets. But its been a while...I haven't flown the A-10C since before 1.2.4...so maybe it was removed indeed.

CBU 87 is different people...don't blame the CBU 97 and its amazing animation/effects. Its working fine. CBU 87 has to be re-tooled. I hope ED doesn't go the route as the new water in 1.2.0 and remove the nice animation effect for the CBU 97.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Skeets look fine on my end. Just watched one in slow-mo: canister popped open, 10 skeet carriers in 5-pointed star formation. Parachute descended. When close to ground, parachuted went away, skeet holders popped out and the whole thing started spinning, then ascended a bit. Skeets ejected and flew out horizontally. Then little beams of laser fire ripped several APCs apart. Had it running at 0.125 speed. Very cool.

And yes, F6 won't track them after cannister opens. I'm ok with that.

Well according to Evil Bonsai, it appears not to have been removed. As far as I remember, the new effects being worked on were for the CBU 87/103, not the CBU 97/105. The skeet-based ones have always worked fine for me in terms of effects and performance.

We were having issues seeing the parachute part of the deployment as well... I enjoy watching the full effect as well (97/105)- so now had to watch carefully in the TGP to see the results.

Not a game changer at all- but I hope they get that worked back in again.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Cant watch any CBU or explosions. FPS drops to 4.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

I don't see anything in there about the explosion sprites, just smoke and view distance...

Tweaked explosions would help, because even the CBU-97/105 drops me to 7 when they hit something. If I miss my framerates don't move at all. I'm thinking it might actually be less to do with the explosion and more to do with the smoke/dust kicked up on the ground. For example explosions with bombs and Mavericks don't hurt my frames at all, but GAU-8 impacts on the ground slow my system down to the 20s.

Does anyone else have this before in F6 mode you could watch the gbu97 pop open then press F6 again the watch the skeets coming down on the tanks - awesome affect but seems to have been removed >>>>>:mad:

Anyone have the same or have i missed a post

I've noticed this same issue in the most recent updates as well. It is rather annoying because A) It was much easier to watch impact/overall effectiveness of a bombing pass...aka how many enemy vehicles destroyed & B) it was also fun to watch the close-up action instead of trying to witness it via the TGP.

This is especially a problem if you've got the winds cranked up and your bomblets land way off target outside the view of the targeting pod. Hard to know which way to correct on the next pass. ED, please bring this secondary view back!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek X-65F, Pro Flight Pedals & Headset / TM Cougar MFD's / CH MFP / TrackIR 5 / AMD Phenom II 965 x4 @ 3.40 ghz / Sapphire ATI Radeon 5870 2GB / Corsair Dominator 8 GB DDR3 / WD Velociraptor HD / Windows 7 64bit / ASUS M4A89TD PRO MB / 3 ASUS VH236 Full HD 23" Monitors (Eyefinity is awesome :thumbup:) /