Modded my X52, pleased

I have bought the x52 set and pedals from someone for 100 euro include postal costs.

I had seen the magnet mod so I was betting it wouldn't be the worst stick to buy considering it came with pedals.

Included in my package I found some velcro strips with one glue side. So I have cut out a small corner of that and used it to stick a magnet next to the sensor.

On the bottom plastic case there was a residue of grease, I used that to grease the base centering plastic/metal.

I put some hard paper between stick and spring, that's it. All done.

A couple of minutes work and an amazing result. Thanks to the guys that came up with that.

Only thing I could use some profiles, but it's confusing what to use. DCS profile or the saitek profile.

Edited by Cnuke

I still prefer Saitek-Profiles. Well, Driver-Profiles, that is.

I'm usually working with at least 2 layers to map most of the functions I need to my HOTAS. Mapping them in a logical way works best in 2 layers for me.

IMHO Saitek has the best basis for this, as you can switch profiles on the fly. I had one for the Shark, one for the A-10C and one for the F-15C. When joining a multiplayer-server, I could switch to the profile needed for the available aircraft.

I really miss this feature for the CH and Thrustmaster-Setups. They are completely reinitiated when switching profiles, which usually forces you to restart the simulation. :(

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD