How can I set up a bombardment at mission start?

martinistripes

I'm trying to re-create a moment from an old favourite 'Wings of The Apache'. Basically I want an artillery/mortar strike on the airfield as soon as the mission begins. I tried setting up some artillery pieces with 'attack point' command. Problem is, it takes them 2 - 3 minutes to start firing (depending on skill) and then a while for the shells to travel to the airfield. So, I can be airborne already before the first rounds land.

I tried 'explosion' and a trigger zone, but then the explosion is continously in the same spot.

I also tried setting my units start time to a delayed time (ie 3 minutes after mission start). But then the mission begins and I'm stuck viewing the artillery pieces.

What I want is rounds landing randomly on the airfield from the moment I enter the cockpit.

Any suggestions?

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Hmmm... well when I've needed to do that in the past I just set up explosions in multiple zones around the airfield. The triggers can be set up such that explosion in zones happen at random conditions... a little bit of legwork but with some cloning shouldn't take too long to implement.

One thing I'd wonder is if you set the random up to 25% (as an example) and left it on a continuous condition time less 5 minutes if it would continuously check for "true" and set off an explosion each time for 5 minutes- or if it would only set off 1 explosion?

So basically 5-10 zones with continuous / random (10-25%) - time less than 5 minutes (300 seconds) / explosion of whatever size you're wanting.

That's probably how I would start trying something like that with triggers anyway.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art