X-Control Mod (Take Over control of AI planes) - Comunity open mod

For the F-18C input to work correctly I had to rename the input section in the entry.lua. If written like F/A-18C it has issues because the "/" tells it to create a folder named "F" and a sub-folder A-18C.

I don't fly in game mode so I only have one entry but here's what mine looks like.

InputProfiles =

{

["F-18C"] = current_mod_path .. '/Input/F-18C',

},

BTW, to enable the A model add the below to the db_countries.lua

cnt_unit( units.Planes.Plane, "F/A-18A");

Edited by aussieboy

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... let me say this. It doesnt like me using the F-18C... so I gave up on that for a bit.. but I put the 27 Pit on the 15E... beast mode.. lol! (and your gonna hate me too :music_whistling: ) Full 19 pylon payload on the F-15E and all the weapons work (well the ones from the picture. Thats all I tested so far) =P

Edit: Also attached is my file setup for just the F-18C. Its all that should be needed done to get this to work.

Try to put in your Entry.lua also the line for EDM model without "cockpit_F", We talked about it and we discovered earlier that works somehow in conjunction with the other line.

Basically the EDM has to be put in that subfolder but the instruction to it has to be just untill "shape" word.

basically add this:

mount_vfs_model_path (current_mod_path... "/Cockpit/Resources/Model/Shape/" and then the game just reads: /Cockpit/Resources/Model/Shape/F/A-18C.EDM

About F15E... the F15C pit just fits perfectly... you can use Su27 avionics in CustomHuman.lua but better we find other solution :) .

@aussieboy, Yes... the yesterday version had this problem solved... I named the line for input as the plane and it was going berserk with those subfolders :D . But then I got inspiration from other mods and discovered that the name for input for F-18C has to be just f-18c, that for L-39ZA has to be L-39_ZA and for Su-30... su-30... this way all isues with 6DoF not working were solved.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Although the 15 pit would be more authentic to use with the 15E, the fact that the 27 pit has air to air and air to ground modes built in already, suits this aircraft better. It also allows me to do that without having to edit the customhuman file and get weird things happening at all and the pit lines up just as good to the 15E frame :)To each their own on that one I guess. The best solution to the problems would be to create a whole new pit for these aircrafts with new scripts and what not =P But I suck at modeling and advanced scripting. lol

Ill try doing that for the 18 later as well and let you know whats up with it :)

Editing the customhuman.lua has no strange effects... I am trying now some "weird tests" and everything beside avionics looks OK.

If you say in customhuman.lua that F15E is Su27 it will have Su27 HUD and the MFD will switch to the one in Su27... including capabilities for A2G like TV guide misssiles... but you lose a bit more of authenticity :P... including RWR (the fire lights on the cockpit frame will light when you are painted), the radar screen will go dead and you also lose that absolutely bad ass A2G gun mode :D.

Custom lua does just that... sets avionics and the default cockpit if you don't provide one in MOD entry.lua and folders.

I am sure if you edit like above the entry.lua your pit will appear correctly... in fact I bet one of my belgian beers bought at 0.6 Euros on it. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

It's wierd how the F-18C still has all the F-18C Systems (hook etc) with the F-15 Pit.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Ok... Adding that line to the entry.lua finally worked. Now I just gotta line up the pits and it will be good to go :) Good job on that.

:thumbup: I keep the beer :P

Yeah... some of the cockpits could be tweaked a bit more... L 39 is a little bit too low I think..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are... but we need a cockpit for them.... the AN26 and 30 are also beautiful.

Thx!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure if anyone will be interested but here's the C-130 made flyable.

Works fine, but flaps and gear aren't moving, so it's kind of hard to know if they are retracted or not, or if they are working at all.

The gears work OK, it even has suspension, but the other animated parts don't function to my knowledge. Although I haven't looked that far into yet but I will and see if we can do anything about it.

Screen of the gears in the up postion

Edited by aussieboy

I don't know what to say then, it's not working on mine apparently, i just had to move the c130 folder into the Mods folder of DCS, right?

I see them retracted only when i am looking at the belly of the plane apparently.

yep... the low poly ones don't really worth it. I put F16A just because is a star... But I don't fly it... is ugly as... 2 polys. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No problem, I've removed the C-130 attachment

Why? I was saying about the E-2C. It is a bit low polly. C-130 is OK.

And was just an opinion, you can mod and add whatever you want. :thumbup:

Did you say you got the Harrier ? I know it was buried in FC. 1 or 2 that would be a great addition :thumbup:

Unfortunately it is severely under powered... you can't even take of with it in normal takeoff run.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]