Do you have to play this in DCS world?

Dudester22

No, A-10C standalone v 1.1.1.1 is still available on the DCS website. http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/previous_versions/dcs_a10c_warthog_english_1.1.1.1/

Works fine, but if you're into multiplayer the community has for the most part migrated to World. Also, Nevada is in the works, but will be an update for World, not the standalone version.

The 'outside' of DCS World is in reference to DCS A-10C v1.1.1.1 and earlier. That was the last standalone, before DCS World, version of the product.

That version is, in many ways, quite different from what we have now. Whether all of the changes have been for the better can, and has been, debated.

IonicRipper is correct, the desert is the Nevada map. When EDGE is ready the Nevada map will be released. There is, however, no projected date for that event.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That version is, in many ways, quite different from what we have now. Whether all of the changes have been for the better can, and has been, debated.

I won't ask you to list all the changes, but I thought when this sim was released it was suppose to be fairly accurate to the real thing. Now I'm left wondering about all the changes you mention and how it could ever have been classed as near accurate from the beginning, if indeed so many changed have taken place?

BTW: Do you get training missions and start up procedure in DCS A-10C v1.1.1.1?

Edited by Dudester22

I won't ask you to list all the changes, but I thought when this sim was released it was suppose to be fairly accurate to the real thing. Now I'm left wondering about all the changes you mention and how it could ever have been classed as near accurate from the beginning, if indeed so many changed have taken place?

BTW: Do you get training missions and start up procedure in DCS A-10C v1.1.1.1?

The changes are more environment, effects and such, in nature, not changes to the A-10 itself, aside from bug fixes.

Most, if not all, of the included mission content for the A-10 is the same as it was before World came about.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Nevada map!? HOW TO GET BETA?!

I believe someone had it on a public download site at one time but I don't recall where. It is very far from complete and may or may not have issues with the current version of the sim.

When you buy A10c the activation code works with A10 standalone and world. So you can have both. For me the standalone version I get great FPS. World FPS are getting worse. The mission editor is easier to select vehicles in World but JTACs IR pointer doesent work in World where it works in standalone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

So it's no longer playable?

...and may or may not have issues with the current version of the sim.

I do not know how it would play with the current version of World. I have not tried it in nearly a year (since the P-51 was released).

dcs2012-09-2413-44-13-68.jpg

Awww. :(

I hope there are new maps soon.

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

When you buy A10c the activation code works with A10 standalone and world. So you can have both. For me the standalone version I get great FPS. World FPS are getting worse. The mission editor is easier to select vehicles in World but JTACs IR pointer doesent work in World where it works in standalone.

I'm a bit confused about this so can someone explain please. So if I buy the standalone it will also activate the A10C in DCS world and I'll have both copies? And if that's the case what happens if I buy the key in DCS world? Would I then be able to download the stand alone form somewhere or would I have to pay for a disk or something?

Edited by Dudester22

Download stand alone

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/previous_versions/dcs_a10c_warthog_english_1.1.1.1/

Play and have fun

If you want you can down load World and A10 module

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/modules/dcs_a10c_warthog/

After you install stand alone version (or world) you will have to activate it.

Your key code works for A10c and A10c world

Hope that helped.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

This is the second post I've read today on this subject. I think the answer is getting bogged down with too many details.

Both standalone and World versions of A10C are the SAME simulator. When you buy A10C you can use both. The difference between the two is the version of the simulator. Standalone is the older of the two, and does not recieve updates. World is the newest, and currently supported, version of the simulator. It has recieved graphical updates, bug fixes, and will be the only version of the two to recieve new features and updates going forward (IE: new maps such as Nevada). Additionaly, the majority of multiplayer servers are using the World version.