Mine fields?

Buzpilot

Maybe some day in the future?

I would like to have the ability to lay long mine-Fields, a long line up to several kilometers, maybe 4 rows, and anti tank, anti personell, or both. Maybe even a customable digital pattern.

Could be useful for keeping armored CA units from exploiting, if there are too few on server.

And maybe with separate Fence and Signs, to make it possible to make fake Fields too :)

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Info line ? ? ?

Oh yeah, I need to make a script for that. Shouldn't be that be to difficult to do.

script for what ? for fake minefields ? that's a good idea, however i think nobody will use them coz i guess only a few missionmaker use real mine(field)s in his mission

otherwise you should make template of bunch of mines and you can deploy them quickly

what should be a really good idea: if player use vehicle and exploded by mine game info line on top of the screen should write: "player has been killed/exploded by mine" coz he will not know what happened with him, however i dont know is it already in game or not :dunno:

sign-pic4.jpg

Nobody uses em cause they probably don't realize that the static object "landmine" actually does something unlike the other 99% of static objects.

And yeah. A script to either add a specific number of static object landmines randomly within a trigger zone or create a virtual minefield that is made up of scripting logic that explodes when needed.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Nobody uses em cause they probably don't realize that the static object "landmine" actually does something unlike the other 99% of static objects.

^ ? ? ? what ? sorry but i dont understand it :( something unlike ?

just an idea (question): iv never tested but what is going to happen when mines too close to each other ?

if one of them explode then will explode all too close mines also ?

and what is going to happen if i drop a rockeye/cbu or other bomb on the minefield ? will explode everything ? mines as well ? :D

waht is going to happen if tank driver shoot 120/125 mm or gunfire on minefield ? can he explode mines by gunfire ?

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

I meant that most static objects have no function within the sim other than for visual sake. The warehouse and farp objects along with the landmines are the only static objects capable of interacting with the sim world in a meaningful way.

I honestly haven't messed with mines for a while now, so I couldn't tell ya how they interact without having to do some experimentation.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I tested this a while ago, and yes, if the mines are close enough, one going off will set off the others. I don't remember exactly how close they need to be. I did have a couple on either side of a road and when one went off, so did the other.

And yeah. A script to either add a specific number of static object landmines randomly within a trigger zone or create a virtual minefield that is made up of scripting logic that explodes when needed.

Wasn't even aware there was single landmines in here, my main thought about this, was if you put it in a array, it would be possible without loosing too much fps. I'll probably have to check out how it works out with a few hundred single mines, and see if invisible ones kill too much fps.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

Made one mission to test land mines in a mine Field.

I think the area damage is too wide, at least 35 feet between Mines where APC's hit them, and result was a crash/freeze every time.

No loss of fps that I noticed, until first apc hit a Mine.

Mine field test mission.miz