Static radio chatter

ebabil

can we add static backround radio chatter sounds for realism?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

roiegat is right, the sound file is integrated into the mission file. Depending on the size of the sound file, the mission can increase several megabytes.

Inside my missions I place radio transmission areas. These transmissions can be received by everyone listening to the defined frequency.

I agree with TARS and similar add-ons. Actually ED must do something about this as soon as possible, in my opinion.

But for now, you can edit/mix/change/replace "...\DCS World\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Cockpits\Static.ogg" file.

You can mix it with aircraft pilot radio records. I did. But it's not the realism that I imagine. :)

• Like 1

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 5 weeks later...

Sry I have not tried yet, but is it possible to integrate comms with A-10 flights and the Huey?

edit: ok I am a lazy git just saw this on the tars site

Here’s a summary of the major changes in 1.0.2.4:

Added UH1H Huey support.

So I gather it works.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

just do a boogle search for Military radio chatter wav files or ogg I found loads the other day downloaded some all then started putting it in to missions works a treat you do need to compress them right down to the thickness of a cigarette paper but they work.

I tried uploading them on here but it appears I need permission from ED, I just keep getting this message that says contact ED admin and none of files are big they are well below the posted max its just weird.

I bought the Good Morning Vietnam sound track ripped it converted it to wav then compressed it down and converted it to ogg it plays just like a radio show with Adrian Cronauer aka Robin Williams passes the time on route and its quite funny to.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Also I have just found in the UN mission files all the ogg and wav files are there and can be viewed in WinRAR just click on any miz file in WinRAR then right click view file and hey hoe theres the list of files in all their glory including all the radio chatter and a lot of other stuff to.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit