DCS F-15 module

Price should be based on consumer valuation, never, ever, on costs. The Huey for instance probably cost a fraction of the A10 to produce, but can get away with charging that price since it's such a flying legend and people deeply value it.

I personally don't value AFM by itself in more than 10$. We should see what does the average player think.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to mention Bell Licensing

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Why did ED increased the price of FC3 Beta from 39,99 to 49,99 in FC3?

Maybe they already planed upgrading the FC3 Su-27 and F-15C flightmodel. In all other modules the price from beta to final version was the same only in th case of FC3 it's different.

Maybe they already planed upgrading the FC3 Su-27 and F-15C flightmodel. In all other modules the price from beta to final version was the same only in th case of FC3 it's different.

Didn't A-10C go up 10$ after beta too? Might remember wrong

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

• ED Team

A number of extras were added to FC3 that were not originally planed I believe, such as cockpit upgrades, AFM for A-10A, etc.... I believe that is why.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

2) I don't want to learn thousand of different key-combos. I want to learn the switch position on the plane and use them, like I do with my A10C and like I would do in real life.

3) I plan to use a HMD (today it's the oculus rift, tomorrow it will be something else), I want to be independent of the keyboard, I want to use my HOTAS and use my cockpit.. not to look around blindly for my keyboard.

Your argument is only slightly broken here. The simplified manner of the FC jets doesn't require you to know many or any keyboard commands if you have a hotas of any type. I fly mostly only the F-15, and have every meaningful flight/combat function mapped to my stick or throttle. Many times people on the server will ask what key does this or that, I usually don't know because something on hotas is filling that function. Then there is the incredible amount of overlap in commands between jets, that 98% of the keys do the same things. The only things that aren't mapped to my hotas at this point are refuel door (rarely AAR/I suck), canopy open/close (would occasional hit it accidentally mid-flight), and eject (obviously). Its not realistic to think you could be completely independent of the keyboard if you either A) fly online and would like to communicate with those who aren't on TS or B) fly offline with an AI wingman whom can only be commanded with keyboard commands. Not to mention ATC, AWACS, Tankers, JTAC, "Other" random AI strike packages.

40 bucks for a module. Spread that over a year and that's 11 cents a day. That's essentially free. Compare that to 15 dollars at the IMAX to see Star Trek in 3D. That movie was 2 hours and 12 minutes. I bought my A-10C license in summer of 2010, and still fly it every chance I get (although I've been spending far too much time in the Huey lately).

Every time you start the sime you get your monies' worth. For your entertainment dollar vs. time spent it pays for itself many times over. That's why I'm happy to buy modules I'll never use, like the P-51. I have no particular interest in WWII aircraft flying myself, but I will happily support ED with the scant pennies they charge for their products. I'm more sanguine when it comes to the 3rd party stuff, but if they turn out to be as addictive as the UH-1H, then they'll get my damn money as well.

Support the art,else it will die, and all you have left is angry birds.

Well said that man. I don't mind paying big bucks for a decent realistic simulation (of interest) whatsoever.

What I hate is when I buy something, that has bugs which I would assume would be patched at some point, but in reality is just fixed in a later paid release. Given the things broken about the SFM, and the promised "Improved take-off and landing dynamics" in FC3 aircraft, including AFM to the FC3 buyers as standard kills many birds with one stone.

This conspiracy thread is making it sound like ED are running a business and not a gift shop. I'm outraged. I demand more free things. This recession is clearly biting. I have a sneaky suspicion that its also been hitting children in the pocket money department judging from some of the posts above.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

So you think price should be based on the complexity/vintage of the aircraft then?

I don't really have an opinion on the matter. I'm just stating what I know, the Huey cost $50, although it's arguably less advanced, and as such should take less time to develop than a fighter aircraft that has computers, other advanced systems and radar.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Didn't A-10C go up 10$ after beta too? Might remember wrong

Release was $59.99, not sure about the original beta price. It went down to $39.99 when they wanted to put it in stores and on Amazon.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Release was $59.99, not sure about the original beta price. It went down to $39.99 when they wanted to put it in stores and on Amazon.

That's right, $60 for the die hard fans, $40 for the regular Joe :lol:

Huey should of cost more in my opinion,

worth every penny

Here's a thought for you.

If you really like it that much and think it is worth more, buy multiple copies and give them to your friends; who knows, you might get some more people involved in DCS.

How's that for sunshine and bunnies? :thumbup:

• Like 1

$40 for a DCS-level aircraft is pretty reasonable. Consider that when you get that aircraft, you don't really get a FULL game (ie, you get limited tutorials, limited campaign, limited story to go with that), but what you do get is a pretty damn accurate and realistic modelling of a real aircraft.

Doesn't matter if that aircraft is an A-10C, a Ka-50, or even a Sopwith Camel, you're paying for a realistic modelling of an aircraft.

That said, I wouldn't be too cheerful about having to pay $60 or more for a single aircraft. I grizzle about paying that much for a complete standalone game, with multiple classes/roles, video sequences, and written story.

$40 is on the top end of "eh, what the heck" territory - that magical price where I'm happy dropping it on a chance, or for something I know up front is going to be limited in scope.

$40 for a DCS-level aircraft is pretty reasonable. Consider that when you get that aircraft, you don't really get a FULL game (ie, you get limited tutorials, limited campaign, limited story to go with that), but what you do get is a pretty damn accurate and realistic modelling of a real aircraft.

Doesn't matter if that aircraft is an A-10C, a Ka-50, or even a Sopwith Camel, you're paying for a realistic modelling of an aircraft.

That said, I wouldn't be too cheerful about having to pay $60 or more for a single aircraft. I grizzle about paying that much for a complete standalone game, with multiple classes/roles, video sequences, and written story.

$40 is on the top end of "eh, what the heck" territory - that magical price where I'm happy dropping it on a chance, or for something I know up front is going to be limited in scope.

Totally agree but...

We are not talking about F15 or Su27 DCS high fidelity level, we are talking about price of FC3 level + AFM

price dont matter, more delta skymiles for me regardless.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Then you do have an opinion on the matter. It's allowed. You believe that due to the lack of systems complexity, it's not as "deep" and should therefore cost less. No need to be passive aggressive here, state what you think. Don't argue without arguing, take your stance.

Not really. But when I do have an opinion about something I don't hold back, you don't have to worry about that ;)

My rebuttal to what you won't say is this: Consider that even though the cockpit might not have the whiz-bang avionics of the A-10C, but the flight model itself is worth the price for most of us. Just because you don't find value in that, doesn't mean that no one else should or will. If you don't think that it's worth it, don't buy it.

Please, don't put words in my mouth.

When did I say that I prefer the Warthog over the Huey?

When did I say that I don't find value in a good flight model?

My comment about the pricing of the UH-1H was a response to a response of my post where I guessed that the new modules would be $40. The guy responding to me wrote that it was the same price as A-10C but with only a fraction of the content.

I then responded with the price of the UH-1H and stating that that module also has less content than the A-10C, thus showing that module content does not have a direct impact on module pricing.

So, whatever you think, I don't really have an opinion on the pricing strategy. But I would be surprised if the F-15C and Su-27S modules ends up as cheap as $10-$15 like some people seems to think is fair.

The cost and value for money for a module pops up regularly on this forum and I am always taken by suprise by what some members regard as value for money.

We happily spend $50 and more going out to see a movie and a cheap meal for a few hours. Get alchohol involved and the cost goes way up! Once spent however that's it, all you have is the memories of a good night out. People happily spend a ton of money on a good night out yet are as tight as when it comes to their passion and hobby where they will spend countless hours and expect constant improvements, regularly, for nothing! On top of that they want additional detailed DCS modules for as little as $10 to $15?! Unbelievable!

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

You guys its all good there are many people within our comunity who are willing to pay a top dollar for EDs or Third Party product.... Put realistically they would not survive only on us. They need to expend the market, make it interesting for new crowds. They can't hit the stors with over $50 product general publics would never go for it not to mention nobody would like to carry their products.

Dsc level <$50

AFM module <$30

LIKE MANY PEOPLE SAID YOU WANT TO SUPPORT THEM BUY THEIR STUFF MAKE GIFTS INVOLVE YOUR FREINDS CO WORKERS AND THAT WILL DO

• Like 1

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

+1

People that are enthusiastic and would pay 100+ dollars on one DCS module are very few. ED will never survive only with them and they should understand this and stop fearing noobs and "easy modes".

A simple server setting regarding enforced difficulty solves all problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

+1

People that are enthusiastic and would pay 100+ dollars on one DCS module are very few. ED will never survive only with them and they should understand this and stop fearing noobs and "easy modes".

A simple server setting regarding enforced difficulty solves all problems.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I would never pay more than $50 for a DCS module, and that's only for the most popular ones (read A-10C in the present, F-18 in the future).

For me at least, the Huey ain't worth $50, nor the Mustang $40. And I bitch about it the best way there is: Not buying them.

Edited by Milano

I would never pay more than $50 for a DCS module, and that's only for the most popular ones (read A-10C in the present, F-18 in the future).

For me at least, the Huey ain't worth $50, nor the Mustang $40. And I bitch about it the best way there is: Not buying them.

The beauty of the free market: you communicate your dissatisfaction by not buying the UH-1 or the P-51 and posting about it, while I communicate my satisfaction by buying them and posting about it. Those two are my favorites. I almost never fly the A-10C or Ka-50. I like air-to-air best and FC3 leans more my way, but the realistic/challenging flight models of the UH-1 and P-51 are what I want most. Now give me an F-4 and a MiG-21 that are modeled as well or better than the other A-10C/Ka-50/UH-1/P-51, and I won't be touching FC3 or much of anything else for quite some time. Of course I pre-ordered the MiG-21bis. It is the only thing currently on the roadmap that will pull me away from the UH-1 as my primary ride.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]