Update 1.2.4.12913.167 discussion

What does that imply, ground crew at heliports? Just the ability to refuel/re-arm or physical crew doing... stuff?

I thought there is actually a crew that works on the hely as it sits on the FARP. I wasn't aware that the "invisible" crew like black shark has is not actually working in Huey.

This invisible pilot (in FC planes and A10C and in Huey) and invisible crew is getting old...

It would be nice to have actual ground crew that waits to be triggered by commands.

Each working/in use parking spot of the Airfield/FARP of one mission should have a sort of modelised ground crew... APU, fire crew, Armament etc. When you spawn you spawn with/between them. When you ask for ground power or changing in loadouts they would approach the plane and do it... But if you mess with the engines and try to make jokes they retreat and curse you and penalize you with time to wait for them to work again.

When you land... you go to your "pit crew" not just in invisible nowhere on the airfield.

We have all models (humans, cars, trucks, ammo), we have triggers... all we need is some pointer/handlers on the actual planes that will guide the animations towards... like where cables should connect or what general zone some crew should approach so they will look like they work on.

oh well...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I agree.

I'd rather be able to SEE a ground crew that doesn't work than have one I can't see that does work.

Oh... wait.

I know what you're saying- there are LOADS of things we'd like to see... maybe a third party will take on "Airbase development" or something-

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Unfortunately, it has to be available for all... even the ones with just DCS World. So it has to come "free" somehow. But ED could delegate the work to a third party developer and pay them with a reasonable fee... maybe.

Or... Made as a module that brings something more for payed version and normal use for free one. Say more detailed animations for more tasks... and the price set to "low" (5$?) so everyone would eventually buy it instead of settling for free simplified version. Just because of envy for the other guy that has full animated crew and cold drinks at the edge of the cockpit.

Maybe... just maybe... even the possibility to start not in the plane but near it... so you can go around and inspect it with the crew and then climb in... :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

How can one justify requesting something for free? ED have bills and wages to pay EVERY month. That said, I'd happily pay good money for a ground-crew module/addon. Can also understand that it's not really necessary right now.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I'm on that side- I would eat it up if it were to be made available but I'm not at the point where I expect it or would even ask for it.

Getting the FARPs fixed, however- I was EXTREMELY happy about that. I've been running missions with Hueys on FARPs and that was restrictive.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

How can one justify requesting something for free? ED have bills and wages to pay EVERY month. That said, I'd happily pay good money for a ground-crew module/addon. Can also understand that it's not really necessary right now.

I am not "requesting" something for free... I was just saying that for the sake of compatibility and the new paradigm of DCS World... such thing would/should be free so it will not brake things.

But... it can be payed somehow. If it adds more customers to the other modules that are payed then can be payed with a fraction of revenue... or it can be made in 2 ways... vanilla general - free , full flavor with customizations etc - payed.

Of course I would pay for it... I also payed for FC1 but like in DCS World... some get something for free... at least after a while... I'm fine with it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window mode or full screen? :huh: Just a guess... checked the ominous "Disable Aero Interface", maybe.

Frames von 60fps ->7 Fps :mad:

Start Helios after start DCS and Aero on work. Temporarily ok.

Thanks for the help. I hope ED solves the problem with Nvidia cards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excuse please my bad English. Write please slowly, so that I can understand you.;)

I7-X980Extreme*18GB*Zotac GTX680-4GB*27"+3 10"Touchscreen, TM Warthog

Start Helios after start DCS and Aero on work. Temporarily ok.

Thanks for the help. I hope ED solves the problem with Nvidia cards.

This is kinda horrible if you like HELIOS and SoftTH, then you're not able to tab out and start Helios after. Luckily Helios delayed start (15 seconds) is possible with at bat file:

@echo off
ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 15000 > nul
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\SCSimulations\Helios"
start C:\Users\[b]USERNAME[/b]\Documents\Helios\Profiles\KA-50.hpf

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

Not for me Rusty... this alarm is still present in my cockpit.

did you tried a mission with your shark already flying at 350kph ? it should yell right after you press play.

be sure to check your audio volume in options, we never know.

Good luck

TASK / ROLES acronyms guide

Black Shark A.I. datalink guide illustrated (v1.2.4 Available on Wiki)

DCS World Codex 1.1 : full units list (Speed/Weapons/Armor thickness/Threat zone/Weapon damage...) (Oct 2013)

BlackShark 2 1.2.x Bug and glitches thread (v1.2.7)

This is kinda horrible if you like HELIOS and SoftTH, then you're not able to tab out and start Helios after. Luckily Helios delayed start (15 seconds) is possible with at bat file:

@echo off
ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 15000 > nul
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\SCSimulations\Helios"
start C:\Users\[b]USERNAME[/b]\Documents\Helios\Profiles\KA-50.hpf

For this reason I've just removed SoftTH, not being able to alt-tab is a big no-no-no for me; sometime you need to look to a chart or just read an email or whatever.. and you need to quit the mission to do so, no way.

Couldn't agree more. But I love the stable framerate in my multimonitor setup. As I haven't done it for some time I don't know how prone DCS has become to crashing when tabbing in and out a lot.

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

Thanks for the update. Good service from DCS. Nice to see the UH-1 changes, although the maintenance option always seemed to be able to fix the machine from a 'wright-off' condition after a heavy landing.

Has anyone noticed if the max IAS warning in the Black Shark has lost it's audio? I'm not sure if it's my system or if I forgot something at startup, but I saw the little flashing 'H' on the HUD, but there was no shrill beeping.

Haven't tested yet, but IIRC that flashing "H" means altitude warning, not airspeed.

Whoops. I will hopefully check it out later tonight, but that just proves it's been way too long since I played these sims. I lost control of the Shark for no good reason last night by forgetting how to treat the trim/AP systems.

Edit: or not. I got mixed up between my install folder and a backup location and deleted my entire DCS World install.

Edited by Rusty_M
  • Like 1

A10A Update?

Hi. I've done all the updates thru the updater. Have the latest. It always said update successful. Have noticed that all the things supposed to be corrected in the A10A don't seem to be. For instance, the oil gauges. And the SGL-PRS selector still doesn't work. Does the updater work? It says 1.2.4.12913 in lower right corner. What up? Thanks.

Yes that is correct, ED is aware of the few bugs left.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hi. I've done all the updates thru the updater. Have the latest. It always said update successful. Have noticed that all the things supposed to be corrected in the A10A don't seem to be. For instance, the oil gauges. And the SGL-PRS selector still doesn't work. Does the updater work? It says 1.2.4.12913 in lower right corner. What up? Thanks.

Sorry about that iPhone some how posted wrong or had a hic-up.

ED is aware of the A10a it also is effected by the ccrp bug.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||