My new christmas hardware thread

Hi guys! Great gifts I had for this christmas.

Got myself a 19" fujitsu/siemens LCD screen for a bargain and a X52 That my brother broght me form the US (50% cheaper).

This new screen is HUMONGOUS. I had a 15" before and now I have to seat back further to see the entire screen. I think this thing is 12ms response time.

But I need some help on the X-52. My brother forgot the install CD in Laughlin AB and Im left with the driver set and programing untility from the saitek site.

I'm unable to install the drivers. It instructs me to plug in the stick wich I do, and its detected by the system but the driver install stays still as if nothing hapened and doesnt allow me to proceed, what should I do?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You should consider asking someone to send you the files from the installation CD coz when I tried to install the drivers and software from the net it didn't work...actually I was able to install the drivers but when I would try to load my profile computer would reboot. I did that just to test if those online drivers are any better then the ones u get with the box and I was wrong. I also heard few other guys saying that those drivers are not working properly.And also I don't recall I had to plug the stick in when it said, I didn't get that message, I pluged the stick before installing the drivers. Actually Win XP recognises X52 automaticly but with the original CD drivers you get some other features plus the SST programming software. Not to mention that they work flawlessly.

• Like 1

aha, it apears to be working. just finished intalling the software, didnt see that topic before. Thanx all!

Profiling the stick now.

My PC specs below:

yeah, I finaly made the stick work. Its the weirdest piece of kit I ever tried.

The sticks spring tension is realy light, and the deflection travel is long. Im finding it hard not to overcontrol. Some buttons are not idealy placed, and 1 of the rotaries is realy hard to turn. However it has ALOT more buttoms than my previous ones, wich will be handy. Im thinking hypothetical ways to increase the stick tension. I can easly devise a way to increase spring pre loading. The problem is, due to its construction, I dont think spring tension is proportional to the tension felt in the deflection. The handle shear weight only acentuates it more. How was it in the x45?

As for the monitor, yeah its great to have this size. ALot more screen area, I dont need to zoom in to be able to read the HUD anymore. I also have alot more area for my work projects. Plus I can rotate the screen and watch movies while lying on my bed. I cant realy understand how could I endure so long with a 15" watch panel. :)

It aint the top model, but at 12ms for this size and this price, it was the best I could hope to get.

My PC specs below: