KNEEBOARD Export for 'multimonitorsetup.lua' in all modules - DCS 1.2.4

kneeboard page advance

Hi all,

Been using the kneeboard with previous builds and all worked flawlessly. It's so convienent not having to look up air charts when you need them.Great job Peter. Unfortunately on the new build the kneeboard loads to the top map screen and i can no longer scroll the pages using ctrl right and left arrow.It will open and close with ctrl up but nothing else. Any one else get this? I checked and all the files are there.I've done a repair but that didn't do anything as all the files remained.Thanks for any help you can give.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started using this today with the Hip and it's awesome. I was having trouble navigating with the Mi-8 to the point where it was getting frustrating. This is definitely helping me out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

Kneeboard placement and Helios

I have two screens and run a Helios profile for the A10C on the second screen. Tonight I tried the Kneeboard for the A10 and got it to work (I surprised myself that I could do it).

However, the Kneeboard appears in the lower left corner of my second screen and is mostly covered up by the Helios profile.

What I need to know is where the viewport info is for the kneeboard so I can move it to the left side of my top screen. I am running both screens at 1920 by 1080. Can you just add a viewport called Kneeboard in the monitor file that calls up the other viewport files?

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

>>>http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2055420#post2055420

I have two screens and run a Helios profile for the A10C on the second screen. Tonight I tried the Kneeboard for the A10 and got it to work (I surprised myself that I could do it).

However, the Kneeboard appears in the lower left corner of my second screen and is mostly covered up by the Helios profile.

What I need to know is where the viewport info is for the kneeboard so I can move it to the left side of my top screen. I am running both screens at 1920 by 1080. Can you just add a viewport called Kneeboard in the monitor file that calls up the other viewport files?

Hi PeterP.

Any update in your kneeboard mod to make it work properly on 1.2.8.

Since version 1.2.7 the tablet mode kneeboard appears shacking in all FC3 airplanes. It's imposible to read anything in the kneeboard.

Thanks

EDIT: Video posted by Mirmidon about the issue:

Edited by boquinauer

My response to the question in post 230 and PeterP's response in post 231.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2056018#post2056018 post 3.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

cyb0rg

Are you running the kneeboard on 2 monitors? If so, where does your kneeboard appear?

cyb0rg

Are you running the kneeboard on 2 monitors? If so, where does your kneeboard appear?

Wrong quoted. Sry.

Actually, all I can say is that the mod works fine with 1.2.8 in A-10C in one monitor.

Edited by Cyb0rg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

Anybody that uses this kneeboard mod on FC3 airplanes and has no shacking effect like this??

It makes impossible any reading or use of the kneeboard.

It happens to me since I updated to 1.2.7

Any thoughts??

It look like everyone having the shacking issue with FC3.

The real issue, and what make this game hard to modding, is the fact that every patch you need to change the way mods work cause ED change the way the sim work almost every times and their is no real way to mods yet...

So i can understand why PeterP don't fix its mods every updates.

The real solution will be if PeterP or anyone can told us how to disabled the legs position for kneeboard for FC3 aircraft and just put them on the screen right bottom corner like vanilla.

Personally i only use this mods for having custom page, not for put it to our knee, i really wish to get just the custom pages aspect of this mod but vanilla position, which are more readable than the one on the knee who are too far to be read (fault of bad scale from the sim) !

Sadly its really easy to broke DCS installation so i don't want to mess around to try do mods myself...

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

The real solution will be if PeterP or anyone can told us how to disabled the legs position for kneeboard for FC3 aircraft and just put them on the screen right bottom corner like vanilla.

...please read the documentation...

KNEEBOARD_Tablet_Mod_PP_Beta1.8.5_for DCSWORLD_1.2.6

[DOWNLOAD]

Sorry ,There is no proper ReadMe up to now - only install if you know what you are doing!

Some hints:

"KNEEBOARD_BASE_MOD_Su-25T_Ka-50_A10C_Install_first_1.2.6" has to be installed first on DCS World 1.2.6 - The 'Base Mod' already works on the the 2u-25T and also for a possible A-10C and/or Ka-50 install.

After this step install Kneeboard MODS for other Modules only if you have them also installed in DCS World 1.2.6 - or DCS will crash.

Each Plane has a own image folder in:

DCS World\KNEEBOARD_MOD_PeterP\Custom_Charts\

The view-port for the 2D Kneebord is called "KNEEBOARD" and works right now for all modules ( it will be separated again in a later release).

And I added a second Kneeboard for the Co-Pilot in the Huey. :

Screen_130913_205525_zpsfda48351.jpg

Note that the Waypoints on the map are right now only visible on the Pilot-kneeboard. They are missing in the Co-Pilot Kneebord

EDIT:

New version 'Beta 1.8.5' is up !

Now the kneeboard for the Mi-8MT is working - I placed it on the center console - so you can see and zoom in from all cockpit seats :

Screen_130921_122508_zpsf6a5eaf8.jpg

Here is some content for the Mi-8 Kneeboard :

Mi-8MTV2 QuickStart aid in the Kneeboard

QuickStartGuideforKneeboard_zpseb1d0787.jpg

Edited by PeterP

As useful as always, thanks for nothing.

Sorry for my bad manners Esac_mirmidon,

you are right , I owe you an answer:

I don't know what is causing this "positioning lag" in the FC3 planes.

And I'm also very sure that the culprit is buried somewhere deep in a hardcoded .DLL of FC3 and there is nothing I can do about it.

So I even don't start thinking to waste time to prepare a update for this mod that can be done easily by the Devs themselves.

I'm so sorry.

Edited by PeterP

Thanks Peter...

I´m sorry also if i sound a little rude but the 99% people right here are able to follow your instructions and make this wonderful mod works as intended.

But sometimes, some people needs extra help, even after following carefully the instructions, and Read the Instructions isn´t very helpfull.

I know sometimes people are asking only because they want a straight answer instead searching themselves but all this questions are because this mod is great and a lot of people like it so much. This is why they want it working.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Easy-peasy - no need for a dedicated application - it is already possible:

there is an app for almost every tablet , android/apple , that let you hook it up as Virtual-monitor to your PC. Than simply expand the DCS Render to this Virtual-monitor, and place your Kneeboard in it.

Than use a key-script app to define page-up/down to certain spaces of this tablet.

Finished!

got any recommendations for an app to accomplish this on Android?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

i use it in the current installs no problem - i am thinking of expanding it to work with 190 and 109 now

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL