Craziest place you ever landed thread?

Mt5_Roie

Hello,

Please can you give me the name of this place ?

screen130605222904.jpg

Congratulation for all the pilots. Skull

Dam wall fail.

I saw some vid a while back here on Eagle so tried it myself.

The bounce at the bottom, still can't believe, but I was pulling hard.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Love the free fall video off the dam wall. Awesome

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It's not possible on moving trains.

Saw this today..........

http://virtual-aerobatics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=282#p1241

:)

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Had a few goes at the trains, trying different carriages and stuff, some you just fall through and with others there seems to be solid points, so maybe.

Haven't managed a successful one myself just yet.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

I've noticed on some civilian traffic (like the buses), the collision boxes are mere cubes inside the center of the vehicle. So I guess they're still there, but not modeled to match the visual shape of the vehicle.

I have landed in the road and actually had civvy traffic drive right through my airframe with no damage, hehe

Hehe, tried that one to. Is youre pitch full down?:smilewink:

Yes, pitch is full down in the pic, as can also be seen on this pic;

Screen_130605_005608.pngScreen_130605_005608.png

Just see i forgot to include it in the original post.

link to 1920*1200 ress pic;

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss133/FalconTwo/DCS%20World/85f9bbf4-2b84-40e3-93a5-ea9ea40f1a93.jpg~original

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

Flew out of Nalchik heading for the hills.

At several gazzilion meters found a peak and landed. Hooraayyy :thumbup:

Tried to take off but no, my limited skills eluded me completely, thought :idea: i would turn right and maximize lift (that's the right way isn't it :unsure:) and then just slip to the side off the hill in a Chickenhawk 'esque' moment, it was not to be.

Just flopped over, maybe to much collective in trying to lift off initially and never eased off fast enough.

After the chaos my crew looked at me funny, no doubt thinking of the movie 'Alive' in 1993 and wondering whose fillet was going to be cooked first.

:lol:

• 3 years later...

Now that Normandy's out, let's do some necroing. :D

The central station at Krasnodar is well known, but since most of the screenshots here seem to have disappeared, a little reminder:

Screen_170608_01.jpg

Now the Cathedral at Caen isn't exactly a crazy place to land, but it is picturesque. ;)

Screen_170608_02.jpg

Screen_170608_03.jpg

Seriously, guys, it feels like moving from Wolfenstein to Quake, in terms of graphics. :)

Screen_170608_04.jpg

Screen_170608_05.jpg

Now who can find seriously crazy places to land in Normandy? :D

Edited by Yurgon

This is the most fun I've had for some time!

great thread!

keep um coming!!!!

Anyone tried any of this with the Bell-47?

Much smaller footprint!

Should be able to get in tighter places/spaces.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Back in the day before LOFC, we flew in an area east of Simferopol in the Crimea where somewhere along the east coastline there was a rock with a hole in it. I got shot down and managed to eject and land on that damned rock feet first. Of all the places....

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins