Saitek Panels Reader

Raf

Diette, did you assign the switches in options in DCS. You have to allocate them as you would any keyboard input. I.e. add say LShift+1 to a function in DCS and then if thatsmwhat the saitek panel is programmed to, generate it should work. First time I did it I picked A10C controls All commands and then started switching on the Saitek Panel to see what if anything reacted. I had this problem but setup in options in DCS fixed it.

• 1 month later...

Guys,

It works like a charm! The only thing I had to do next to unpacking the ZIP file was running the USB wizard once.

After I installed the generated INF file the start.bat runs like a charm, no errors and all the predefined keys are working in the controls configuration menu.

I am using this in the Flight SIM Cliffs of Dover now and I will be using the same config in DCS in the P-51.

The only thing I could find is that the cowl switch and the panel light switch act on the same pre-defined key.

I looked at the main.java in the src folder and found the mistake, but don't know how to recompile all this to get the switches to work seperately.

Look at the code in the main.java (two bottom lines) are pointing to the same pre-defined key (SWITCHKEY_CLOSE_COWL)

// SWITCH PART

enum SwitchKeys

{

// Group 0

MASTER_BAT(0, 0b1, "SWITCHKEY_MASTER_BAT"),

MASTER_ALT(0, 0b10, "SWITCHKEY_MASTER_ALT"),

AVIONICS_MASTER(0, 0b100, "SWITCHKEY_AVIONICS_MASTER"),

FUEL_PUMP(0, 0b1000, "SWITCHKEY_FUEL_PUMP"),

DE_ICE(0, 0b10000, "SWITCHKEY_DE_ICE"),

PITOT_HEAT(0, 0b100000, "SWITCHKEY_PITOT_HEAT"),

CLOSE_COWL(0, 0b1000000, "SWITCHKEY_CLOSE_COWL"),

LIGHTS_PANEL(0, 0b10000000, "SWITCHKEY_CLOSE_COWL"),

// Group 1

Maybee someone knows?

56RAF Dutch

Edited by 56RAF_Dutch

Modified and recompiled

Hi guys,

I could not stand the fact that it looked so simple but that I was not able to adjust it.

Bottom line...I modified the script and recompiled all and now the light panel switch works seperately from the cowl switch......enjoy :-)

****** - Edited 8 november 2013 - ******

I recompiled the app again because I had debugging features still enabled.

If you don't care how and what I did just download and use the attached zip file, otherwise read further below .....

I have some extensive experience with scripting Perl, visual basic and powershell so it does not take much effort to read and understand java.

So I did some research and installed Netbeans IDE as my script editor.

Netbeans IDE also supported Maven... I still do not know what it means :-( but I encoutered it in the start.bat so I read up about it for the prerequisites.

I then could import the pom.xml file as a new project.

I then installed the dependencies, the usb stuff from the "to_install folder" and the rest could be downloaded by Netbeans IDE from the internet.

Cool feature btw :-)

I then noticed al the warnings disappear while installing and downloading these depencies.

Finally I had to comment out the radio switch part because I don't have that switch and the script crashed because it could not find the device.

Recompiled it, tested it and voila !!!

saitekpanel_v2.zip

Edited by 56RAF_Dutch

Posted the wrong zip file

I am sorry guys

I realized today that I posted the wrong .zip file.

I just uploaded the correct .zip file in my previous post. (saitekpanel_v2.zip)

I am trying to make a nice graphic presentation of the switch together with the script. But I zipped the wrong version twice :( from my laptop where I do work and development.

Now I copied the .zip file actually from my gaming PC so I know that it works because I use it with the flight sims DCS P51 and Cliffs of Dover.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

When the new version with the graphic is ready I will also post it here also with a new version.

Happy landings!

56RAF Dutch

Edited by 56RAF_Dutch

Just wanted to say a big thank you to RAF and Dutch for keeping this alive and working.

I'm using the switch panel for War Thunder and will be using it for BOS.

I check in regularly on this thread and loving the updates.

Many many thanks.

Any plans to get this working for any other panels? Like the Multi Panel?

(and would love a GUI for this too).

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

way way behind the times...

Hello!

I've also bought the Saitek Switch Panel (couldn't believe they'd make a piece of equipment for just ONE sim only) and have been waiting for something like this for a long time... however... I have read the entire sequence of this thread many times and am still lost... I sincerely wish I had grown up with this stuff:cry:... Do I understand rightly that you are making a "one step" installation application?... and this would cause DCS to recognize the switch-panel as just another game controller?

No matter what, MANY THANKS for your work!

Edited by goonybird
updating situation

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

just before the holidays, here is as far as I have been able to get:wol_error.gifImage_00002.png

I believe the drivers are in place... I also went to the given Java site but couldn't find a JRE v7 (probably it was 'wagging its tail' right in front of my eyes) and also cannot find a "start.bat"helpsmilie.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

now there is also a graphical user interface!!

Guys,

Goonybird showed me some cool stuff by arthur_dcs on this forum!!

Arthur_DCS managed to make a complete GUI for the switchpanel in .NET!!

In just tried it offline (without flight sim) and it seems to work like a charm.

Look at his thread and enjoy!!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118988

grtz,

56RAF_Dutch

• 5 months later...

just found this thread after googling Saitek switch panel hack....I almost squealed like a little girl

thanks guys VERY appreicated

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

• 1 month later...

Thank you guys so much for making this great application, Saitek does not support these products properly and it is people like you who are brilliant and ingenious to fill the gap so people like me who have no programming knowledge at all are able to use these devices.

I already installed the drivers and stuff for the switch panel, and it works great; from this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118988 and now I would like to install what you guys have made for the radio panel only, so it doesn't mess up my install of the switch panel; which is working perfectly. Could you please tell me how to install this for the radio panel only please?

I read in the readme: "To edit shortcuts, the Main.java file needs to be edited.

The key bindings are at the end of the file.

Recommended NetBeans for editing them (automatic code folding specified inside)."

Editing the keys.properties file with notepad will not work?

Edited by Megatherion
another question

Great work here guys, I don't own any of the panels although I have looked at them several times. If Saitek made the radio panel integrate with DCS, I'd buy one in a heart beat!

Regardless, great initiative.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am having some problems with this application. The radio panel is not responding properly. I am trying to test it in notepad and the only response I am getting is when I turn the top small tuner dial, I get the windows "default beep" sound. Also, when the startup.bat is running the cmd.exe window, it is interfering with my install of the switch panel gui/keystroke emulator: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118988

Some of the switches work, some don't and there is a huge lag between inputs.

How can I run only the radio panel portion of this application only? I am guessing an edit of the startup.bat would do this, but I have no programming knowledge and would really appreciate some help with this.

Comment/uncomment the parts relative to the panels and recompile.

@line 86:

switchReader.start();

// radioReader.start();

// autopilotsReader.start();

to be like

// switchReader.start();

radioReader.start();

I've found out later that having it starting with no panel attached was causing an arrest, so I've just quickly commented the one that wasn't using.

How do I recompile?

Comment/uncomment the parts relative to the panels and recompile.

@line 86:

switchReader.start();

// radioReader.start();

to be like

// switchReader.start();

radioReader.start();

I've found out later that having it starting with no panel attached was causing an arrest, so I've just quickly commented the one that wasn't using.

Thank you for your quick reply, I can comment/uncomment the parts you showed me, but how do I recompile? Like I said, I have no programming knowledge :helpsmilie:

• 2 years later...