Preferred missle online R-27ER or the R27EM

It wasn't downgraded. 'Everything' is downgraded compared to minizap, so watch the sweeping statements please.

Also minizap offers a very optimistic flight profile which doesn't jive with reality past the first 30 sec of flight at least.

In addition FF is counting distance from the launcher, not distance from the launch -point-, which if you actually take into account, you'll see that minizap and the straight flight of the R27ER in LO give about the same range without loft ;)

And while you're at it, why not try AMRAAM, R77 and AIM-7 under the exact same conditions and check the ranges ... how about saying that the AMRAAM is downgraded compared to everything else in the game? ;)

Well, I think the game kept the launcher quite steady. Of all the "medium range AAMs", I think MICA AR will win, as it has an enormous rocket engine, but I'll do a test using the Mig-29 as a launching platform, as it got 6 rails on a line.

I'll see when I get bored enough to do the test. :D

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

EDIT: OK, I WAS bored enough to do a test, in fact, I did 2 of them, testing nor less than 6 missile brands and flavors! :p

With all tests Unl. Fuel was ON. The carrier plane was a mig-29A with 20% fuel, no external tank and all 6 pylons loaded with missiles.

Mission parameters: ALT=4001m Speed= 850 km/h in F2 view. Aircraft on ALT+SPD hold, stabilized, no roll moment.

TEST1: R-77, R-60M and R-73

Loadout (Mig-29A): |R-73| |R-60M| |R-77| * |R-77| |R-60M| |R-73|

R-77 Left Wing

Start time= 01:53 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 02:02 Dist: 5.6 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 0.8 km 3381 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 02:29 Dist: 12.3 km

R-77 Right Wing

Start time= 02:29 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 02:38 Dist: 5.6 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 0.8 km 3381 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 03:04 Dist: 12.3 km

R-60M Left Wing

Start time= 03:04 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 03:09 Dist: 1.5 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 0.7 km 2415 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 03:15 Dist: 2.5 km

R-60M Right Wing

Start time= 03:34 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 03:39 Dist: 1.5 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 0.7 km 2415 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 03:45 Dist: 2.5 km

R-73 Left Wing

Start time= 04:02 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 04:07 Dist: 2.3 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 0.4 km 2705 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 04:18 Dist: 4.2 km

R-73 Right Wing

Start time= 04:35 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 04:40 Dist: 2.3 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 0.4 km 2705 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 04:51 Dist: 4.2 km

-----------------------------------------------

TEST2 (same mission, differnet loadout)

Loadout: |MICA IR| |MICA RF| |AIM-120| * |AIM-120| |MICA RF| |MICA IR|

AIM-120 Left Wing

Start time= 02:41 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 02:49 Dist: 4.4 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 0.7 km 3091 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 03:17 Dist: 10.9 km

AIM-120 Right Wing

Start time= 03:29 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 03:37 Dist: 4.3 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 0.7 km 3091 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 04:06 Dist: 10.9 km

MICA IR Left Wing

Start time= 04:22 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 04:42 Dist: 11.4 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 1.2 km 3091 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 04:49 Dist: 13.0 km

MICA IR Right Wing

Start time= 05:00 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 05:20 Dist: 11.4 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 1.2 km 3091 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 05:27 Dist: 13.0 km

MICA RF Left Wing

Start time= 05:50 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 06:07 Dist: 9.8 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 1.2 km 3091 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 06:25 Dist: 14.8 km

MICA RF Right Wing

Start time= 07:00 End of motor burn time+ relative distance from launcher= 07:17 Dist: 9.8 km Terminal speed on powered flight phase+relative distance from launcher= Dist. 1.2 km 3091 km/h

Time and relative distance from launcher at which the missile is travelling at 1000 km/h= 07:35 Dist: 14.8 km

I guess there are still the R-40T/R-40R, the R-33/Aim-54 R-24T\R-24R tests up ahead...

• Like 1

Hehehe,

I want a flyable mirage with Mica’s

How about a French carrier with F1’s in 1.12 :icon_supe

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Hehehe,

I want a flyable mirage with Mica’s

How about a French carrier with F1’s in 1.12 :icon_supe

I would kill for a realistic M2000 FM, that thing (the real one) rules the sky when compared to other not TVC aircraft, not even the su-27 can outmanoeuvre it. It's a shame this aircraft is soo underestimated and no interest is shown from the community toward it.

It can do corners like the F-22, with one engine, and it can pull 11G. Yes its sustained turn rate is low, but the initial turn rate is, well, spectacular. You should watch an airshow video of a M2000, it will blow your mind, and although it can't do extreme slow speeds like the Su-27/Mig-29/F-18, it can do high alpha turns with grace, opposed to the F-15, which resembles a bulldog gone mad in the skies :p

Oh, and pk-wise the MICA is probably the worst missile in-game, only slightly surpassed by the R-40 in avoiding the target.

Of, and F-1's can't take off from carriers

The problem with the 2000 is that -after- it performs that great instantaneous turn, it's not going to be doing a lot of turning after - so if you know what you're doing, you can give it the first turn and let it try to fight you in an eenrgy fight ... and it'll lose ;)

Full delta wings have their drawbacks, too. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Of, and F-1's can't take off from carriers

I was talking about the Rafale F1 standard (Rafale M)

Rafale M:

This is the carrier-borne version for the Aéronavale, which entered service in 2002. Very similar to the Rafale C in appearance, the M differs in the following respects:

Strengthened to withstand the rigors of carrier-based aviation

Stronger landing gear

Longer nose gear leg to provide a more nose-up attitude for catapult launches

Deleted front center pylon (to give space for the longer gear)

Large stinger-type arrester hook between the engines

Built-in power operated boarding ladder

Carrier microwave landing system

"Telemir" inertial reference platform that can receive updates from the carrier systems.

The Rafale M weighs about 500 kg (1,100 lb) more than the Rafale C. Unusually for a carrier-based plane, it does not have folding wings. This was to save money by increasing commonality with the land-based Rafales.

Initial deliveries of the Rafale M were to the F1 ("France 1") standard. This meant that the aircraft was suitable for air-to-air combat, replacing the obsolescent F-8 Crusader as the Aviation Navale's carrier-based fighter, but not equipped or armed for air-to-ground operations. Future deliveries (to Flotille 11 some time after 2007) will be to the "F2" standard, giving air-to-ground capability, and replacing the Dassault Super Étendard in the ground attack role and the Dassault Étendard IVP in the reconnaissance role. This will leave the Rafale M as the only fixed-wing aircraft flown by the Aviation Navale, and plans are to upgrade all airframes to the "F3" standard, with terrain-following 3D radar and nuclear capability, from early in the decade following 2010.

The first Rafale C delivered to the Armée de l'Air, in June 2005, was to the "F2" standard, and it is anticipated that upgrades similar to those of the navy will take place in the future. The Rafale replaces the Jaguar, Mirage F1 and the Mirage 2000 in the Armée de l'Air.

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

both Mirage 2000-5 (my favourite) and Rafale can carry the Mica IR, a very nice missile that sports some resemblance in operation to the R-27ET. Mica IR however has a two-way datalink with the fighter.

Anyway, the French had to devise special tactics for its safe employment because, just as is the case in Lockon, a long-range IR missile can suddenly hook up an innocent target that is passing by!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]