A-10 Attack! & Cuba!

Aries

Just set it all up on an old Mac G4 Quicksilver...

...set up a USB joystick emulating mouse control through Overdrive... :thumbup:

Boy oh boy, this sim simply kicks ass, fast paced vector graphics and incredibly dynamic missions and views...

Just to bring it up for all of you that missed it, weren't born or something...

Here's the ultimate ethusiast's web page devoted to the sim:

Steve's HOG HEAVEN

And a couple of vids:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

This sim was a kickass fot its time!!!

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I still have it on a 1.44 floppy. lol A10 Tank buster.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

What version is that and for what platform?

mm I think it was windows 95?

or the one before it..

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I've still got the original A-10 Attack and A-10 Cuba for Mac sitting at home on the shelf. These videos definitely bring me back! Thanks Aries! :D

The physics in those games was well ahead of its time.

--NoJoe

• 2 weeks later...
mm I think it was windows 95?

or the one before it..

There were A-10 Tank Killer for DOS and Silent Thunder (aka A-10 Tank Killer 2) for Windows 95.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!