New hardware

Guest Cali

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
Cuz you live out in Bumfeck Egypt. Did they put in power lines and pave the roads there yet? :icon_supe

LOL, so i take it, that it hasnt arrived yet cali ?

if not thats a bummer, but you will probably be first on the list for tomorrow's deliveries if it dont arrive today.

anyways, keep us informed of how the OC goes. ;)

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

hehe, guess what Cali is doing right this very moment :)

well least it came today Cali, or your 2nd day shipping charge would of been a waste of money...

Now go build it if you havent already :p

Round 1

It won, it wont boot up, it says some crap about new hardware or a system crash. Then it says you can restart windows normally or go to the last known good spot or reboot in DOS but not DOS. I can't remember the word it used. I have to go to Walmart but round 2 will start when I get back.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

always format when adding new stuff like cpu motherboard etc.

Windows doesnt like to be messed with hardware wise once it is up n running, at least you know the cpu is working, or you wouldnt be able to get what you had come up on the screen.

if you have a spare harddrive, use that to see if it installs windows no probs, as you may damage your file system if you keep trying to get it working with that particular drive.

round 2 should be ok, if you use another drive.

always format when adding new stuff like cpu motherboard etc.

Windows doesnt like to be messed with hardware wise once it is up n running, at least you know the cpu is working, or you wouldnt be able to get what you had come up on the screen.

if you have a spare harddrive, use that to see if it installs windows no probs, as you may damage your file system if you keep trying to get it working with that particular drive.

round 2 should be ok, if you use another drive.

That's going to suck! Oh well I guess it is needed anyway, thanks 4 the help. I need to buy my wife a new video card now.

Good luck, I can help you out if you needs. I had deal with this issue pretty much. just holler me, you know where to find me ;)

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

roll on friday :) should give you the whole weekend to tweak with it :)

also, what i said above about the venice not having the same memory controller as the san diego's, well that i am not to sure on, I think the diegos and the venice both have the new memory controllers, i know for a fact that the diegos do, but not 100% sure about the venice, but i just been reading a site that says they both have the same updated mem controller.

If that is the case then the 3200 venice will be a good buy if you can get 2.6/2.8 with it. That would be power fast for that cpu.

goodluck in however high you get it to...

Yeah the Venice (rev e) is supposed to be able to run all four slots at 400 MHz. After all, I read it in Maximum PC magazine so it must be true! :horseback

-----------------------------

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Asrock 939 Dual SATA 2 mobo

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Round 2 and 3 kicked my butt. Now I can get it to start formatting, but after it installs all the stuff and it needs to reboot before it can install windows, it starts the whole process over again. It never gets to the part where it lets you install windows. This is on a fresh H/D, maybe my XP pro disk is messed up.

ROUND 4 will start in about 45 minutes, after I recover from 2 & 3 and make a few phone calls.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

when it reboots, after it has installed all the stuff, open the cd tray and see if it will continue like that, as one of my pcs used to do that, it wud reboot and auto start to boot from the cd again, all i needed todo was open the cd tray and it would then boot from the hardrive, also make sure your boot order is set to boot from floppy, then cd, then harddrive.

when it reboots, after it has installed all the stuff, open the cd tray and see if it will continue like that, as one of my pcs used to do that, it wud reboot and auto start to boot from the cd again, all i needed todo was open the cd tray and it would then boot from the hardrive, also make sure your boot order is set to boot from floppy, then cd, then harddrive.

I have tried that (taking the cd out) I'll check to see what order it is set to boot in.

Starting ROUND 4.......FIGHT!!!

this is starting to suck I have lost all 3 rounds so far. I need to KO this puppy. I wish me luck

Ok that didn't work I tried it numerous times and no luck. Round 4 goes to the computer again. :(

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

so Cali, have you started round 5 and if so who won ?

or are you too busy getting drunk to test and will continue testing after the newyear ?

so Cali, have you started round 5 and if so who won ?

or are you too busy getting drunk to test and will continue testing after the newyear ?

Round 5 came and went and I lost again, I suck. RuGG is going to help me today. I'm taking the stuff to his house.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Ah dude thats shit, must be annoying you :(

anyway, here's hopeing when you hook up with Rugg that you both figure it out and get it fixed.

If you can/remember. Tell us what the problem was and how it was fixed.

I got a feeling that booze gonna get mixed in with sorting the pc and delay things a little :)

hope you and rugg and both your squads have magic newyear

Wish you all the best from Scotland

Cheers

EVIL-SCOTSMAN