DCS Saitek X52 Pro Profile

Hi everyone,

recently got myself an x52 pro and have been spending a great many hours carefully deciding what to bind where. After much consideration i went with this...

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B83B9SOwcziKRkh2bkN0SWJnSTg/edit?usp=sharing

Any thoughts about this profile?

Also..

Need to know if there is a way to bind a toggle switch or button to cycle keys.

Ie: Pushing one button repeatedly to toggle keys 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 so that every push would activate a different key to access NAV, BVR and additional modes. Or using an axis, slider or wheel to achieve a similar result?

I was going to use the toggle switches for each mode. Ie: T1 button= key 1 (nav) T2 button = key 2 (BVR) etc. but unfortunately there are only 6 toggle switches and the modes extend past the 7 key for ground mode.

If anyone has any ideas or can point us in the right direction would be sweet. :noexpression:

Cheers

Su-27 Flanker 1995 Super EF2000 1997 Jane's F/A-18 1999

I don't think, or can't think how, you would program a single button to cycle a different keypress on each push.

I set up my X-52 pro using the mode dial toggle, as I wanted to take advantage of the possibility of assigning different commands under different HUD modes. Most importantly to separate NAV commands from combat commands.

While you can't assign 7 HUD mode commands to only three modes, I ended up doing Mode1: Nav, Mode2: AA, Mode3:AG.

You need to assign the HUD number key under each mode as a macro, or it won't work.

For the different AA modes I used the hat switch under the AA mode to select them.

I've attached my SU-27 and SU-25T profiles for you to have a look at.

X-52 Profiles.rar

• Like 1

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Ahh.. bugger. Might have to follow your example and just use the mode selector. I'll have a look at your profile and make sure i'm doing this right.

Cheers for the quick reply. :)

Rep inbound.

I would make the pinky a shift key that will give you a'lot more buttons without changing modes.

I don't know about the pinky key.. but having the "shift" function bound to a button somewhere might be something worth looking at. Cheers. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks you'll need a shift key once you start getting more into the programming side and want to just use the joystick and not keyboard at all.

The modes are useful to

I normally do Mode One Flight & SAR

Mode two combat

Mode three Misc

Pinky is the default shift key btw you'll see that in programming.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

• 3 months later...