Hotas speed Brake only using default settings?

I downloaded a profile and I am having problems with the Hotas switch Alt & Hotas switch forward. The Saitek profile I downloaded is supposed to put the speed brake on my Saitek x52 slider, but i cannot get it to work.

The only way the speed brakes work is when I use the default controls which is LCtrl B and Lshift B. The guy told me to change these keys to just B & N because that is how he had set the profile up, but this is what I did and it doesn't work.

Edited by Dudester22

Change the _ingame_ keybinding on speed brake extend/retract to B and N. Don't change the _profile_ binding.

The idea with this is that when you have the slider in the full extend or full retract position, it won't be holding down a modifier key and therefore stop you from hitting other keys.

Also remember that the setup for the slider does not give it a graduated level (ie, slider at half does not mean half brakes). Pull it the whole way towards you to start the brakes extending, back to the middle to hold where they are, and push away from you to start retracting. Leave the slider in the middle when you aren't actively extending or retracting.