Huey out of Beta...

Mike Busutil

+1 sling load

...and for me:

- make autopilot to be more like a AI copilot

- gunners AI

- MP multicrew

- still fine tuning of FM needed

There are many other minor things on my/our wishlist, but they are not needed to call DCS: Huey "final"

Edited by Suchacz

All of the above, I've getting bored of the AI co-pilot trying to fly the aircraft into the closest obstacle whenever I'm not at higher altitudes. I always stabilize the flight parameters before engaging, and sometimes it's great and he fly's the helicopter nice and stable when I gave him control, but quite often he dumps the collective and dives like we're in an auto-rotation...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really want the gunner to have some AI so they can engage targets...

All of the above and especially this. Including the ability to command the AI gunner.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Ai Door Gunners is a must.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Including the ability to command the AI gunner.

IMHO this is not necessary, I think that it would be sufficient to add some targets list depending on their threat according to which the AI should make its decision what to shoot at first.

...maybe one button: Open/Cease fire

Spawning positions from other countries not on the Farp!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

IMHO this is not necessary, I think that it would be sufficient to add some targets list depending on their threat according to which the AI should make its decision what to shoot at first.

...maybe one button: Open/Cease fire

Unless the AI decision making (for DCS in general) is improved I think we will need more control than that.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Unless the AI decision making (for DCS in general) is improved I think we will need more control than that.

Time for BST to show off their AI scripting skills :thumbup:

It would most certainly be helpful if the AI could "decide" whats more of a threat within targeting range, after all I wouldn't want a gunner pointlessly pinging rounds off a tank or killing a tent when there's a bloke in the tree's with a RPG or igla.

It would most certainly be helpful if the AI could "decide" whats more of a threat within targeting range, after all I wouldn't want a gunner pointlessly pinging rounds off a tank or killing a tent when there's a bloke in the tree's with a RPG or igla.
Do you think that it is imposible for BST to develop a script for AI to make such decision? :smilewink:
Edited by Suchacz

I would additionally to the stuff above also like:

-A command to let the crew chief throw a smoke granade out of the window to mark an LZ.

-A flare/chaff dispenser.

-Eventually a working GPS (yeah I know it is more fun this way, and yeah I know we have a kneeboard, but personally I would like to see some sort of navigation aid in a form of a GPS or something similar.)

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I notice when you open the rear doors while in the start up area, the gunners will grab their guns and start aiming straight out. In real life, door gunners never point the gun anywhere but straight down until they are clear of the friendly base. I would like to see this modeled.

I notice when you open the rear doors while in the start up area, the gunners will grab their guns and start aiming straight out. In real life, door gunners never point the gun anywhere but straight down until they are clear of the friendly base. I would like to see this modeled.

I saw in some vid, that they even dismatle the barrel out of the gun.

edit: see 17:00

They are talking about M60 on those hardpoints, but IMHO this rule is valid for doorgunner's M60 too.

Edited by Suchacz

-A command to let the crew chief throw a smoke granade out of the window to mark an LZ.

-Eventually a working GPS (yeah I know it is more fun this way, and yeah I know we have a kneeboard, but personally I would like to see some sort of navigation aid in a form of a GPS or something similar.)

In my opinion more important than gps would be a RWR.

this topic has turned into a wishlist topic ,

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

LZ's are marked from the ground and up to the pilot to decide if it's safe or not. The crew chief has no say in the choosing of an LZ. Troops will mark their position with smoke and the pilot decides where to put the ship.

Hi,

LZ's are marked from the ground and up to the pilot to decide if it's safe or not. The crew chief has no say in the choosing of an LZ. Troops will mark their position with smoke and the pilot decides where to put the ship.

I am by far way no expert on this topic, but on several videos in Youtube (from the Vietnam era) you can see the gunners throwing out smoke grenades to mark something.

See this

at the 5:20 mark.

Best regards,

John

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled