Searchlight function

Hawk_5

Will the searchlight control on the collective eventually be activated. I assume this gives the pilot control over where the searchlight is pointing using the collective hat switch?

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

It works fine. I have it mapped to one of my hat switches. although I just play with it, it hasn't served any purpose yet and in multiplayer swinging it around and attempting to "blind" my buddy with it didn't work... he said he didn't see it on.

Gee I'm getting old. Couldn't find it before but there it is in Collective Stick assignments. Doh!

Thanks for that.

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

Hi,

Mmmm interesting. I've got a video where you can see another players spotlight on but its not moving and faces downward.

I am not sure, but I belive that's not the search light, that's the landing light.

Best regards,

Jonathan

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

I've not seen players in MP that had both landing and search lights on at the same time and saw no illumination on the ground or other objects. If I were to hazard a guess I'd say it would probably have a bit of a FPS hit for those of us with "lesser" machines. My friend Andy who I was flying with could not see my search light illuminating anything either although in the dark I was clearly lighting him up. Arguably it would be nice to fly a night sortie and be able to see whatever somebody else is pointing a light at but if that came at the cost of a system hit I'd rather remain in the dark.

Mmmm interesting. I've got a video where you can see another players spotlight on but its not moving and faces downward.

Go to 40 seconds and watch the left Huey you can see it's on but that's it.

at 1:01 until about 1:10 you can see two light spots on the ground. the smaller, more focussed one, seems to be the one of the left heli.