How to install LOMAC to have FC3 included in DCS?

Today I bought Lock On Platinum as it is needed to run Flaming Cliffs 3. This contains the original LOMAC and Flaming Cliffs 2.

With FC3 being sold for a special price from 06.17. on, I want to install LOMAC in a way that FC3 will be part of DCS (DCS is already installed on my PC along with the module of the A-10C).

When I was starting the LOMAC installation it proposed a "ubisoft/Lock On blabla" -folder to put the files in. This is of course not the folder where DCS is installed. How is this installation done right to make the integration of FC3 into DCS work???

I'm thankfull for any advice! :)

... and then delete it after you install FC3.

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

... and then delete it after you install FC3.

Personally, I would leave LockOn installed unless you are really tight on disk space. When that sudden need to reinstall comes along, will you want to bother with the LockOn CD again and will you know where it is?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Personally, I would leave LockOn installed unless you are really tight on disk space. When that sudden need to reinstall comes along, will you want to bother with the LockOn CD again and will you know where it is?

Yeah excellent point! I chose to whack it, but have the CD close by should I need it again. No real reason other than it made me feel better to remove the LOMAC directories :music_whistling:

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

I'm just saying that you don't need LOMAC FC1 and FC2 to get FC3. You only need any of the previous versions. I bought a old second hand copy of LOMAC for a no more than 5 bucks, and FC3 works perfectly.

And it doesn't matter where you install it. I installed LOMAC on my D drive, while I install al my DCS modules including FC3 on my E drive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm just saying that you don't need LOMAC FC1 and FC2 to get FC3. You only need any of the previous versions.

Did you test it? Will it work to have FC1 installed (LOMAC already de-installed then) and install FC2 or FC3 on it? Or do you still need the LOMAC installation as as prerequisite for installing any of the FC versions?

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Did you test it? Will it work to have FC1 installed (LOMAC already de-installed then) and install FC2 or FC3 on it? Or do you still need the LOMAC installation as as prerequisite for installing any of the FC versions?

AFAIK, any of the previous versions is needed. You need either LOMAC, FC1 or FC2 to be able to install and play FC3. That's it. So you can have FC1 and not have LOMAC and FC2 and install FC3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So you can have FC1 and not have LOMAC and FC2 and install FC3.

LOMAC is required for FC1. Irrespective of version (FC1 or FC2), LOMAC will always be required as a first-install.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I think it is stopid that ED don't let us download a clean install of FC3.

I will newer install old garbage to be able to install FC3.

What is the problem with makeing one clean install of FC3?

Welcome to stoneage!

Hardware:

Mainboard: MSI Z77!-GD65 Gaming, Socket-1155

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K, Quad Core, 3,5 GHz, 8MB

RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3 2133 MHz 2x4 GB

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB

I think it is stopid that ED don't let us download a clean install of FC3.

I will newer install old garbage to be able to install FC3.

What is the problem with makeing one clean install of FC3?

Welcome to stoneage!

Have a read: Lock on buying, really confused??

Something I like to add - explanation why you (and also probably many others) are confused:

As Eagle Dynamics was developing LockOn 9 years ago , UBISoft was the publisher an owner of LockOn.

Up to now Eagle Dynamics/TFC doesn't owns any rights for re-releasing Lockon or offering it as Download..

But they made a agreement with UBI that they can use parts of the code in DCS.

( or something like that )

But FC still can't be offered as a stand-alone product by ED/TFC without LockOn.

That's why we have to keep a copy of UBI's LockOn to be able to install FlamingCliffs .

And I see it as a spectacular negotiation success of ED/TFC with UBISoft that we are able to buy LockOn+FC2 in a single box wink.gif

Some more trivia:

That's also the main reason why DCS was invented. -BlackShark was first planed as a add-on for LockOn-FC .

This was a official teaser screen-shot for BlackShark back than - and look what's written in the upper-left corner:

lockon_blacksharkscrn01.jpg

...and to reverse it back in some kind of way, to use code that was exclusively written for LockOn (as it is still used in FC3...) we have to make LockOn part of DCS so we can use FC3. Got it?

Edited by PeterP

To put it simply. It is contractual obligation.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Lock on is old crap, Ubisoft must sooner or later give it up.

Hardware:

To put it simply. It is contractual obligation.

I con't care, they should call Ubisoft and make a deal. There will allways be possible to make a deal.

Hardware:

I con't care, they should call Ubisoft and make a deal. There will allways be possible to make a deal.

Hasn't anyone every told you no? Ubisoft is rather good at such things.

Lock on is old crap, Ubisoft must sooner or later give it up.

Why, it costs them practically nothing to make money from the situation? There is no logical reason to stop.

A deal was already made: Ubisoft permits the FC products, but on condition of requiring LOMAC.

So yes, a deal can always be made. :)

I guess the alternative would be to putchase the rights to lockon, but that would probably be prohibitively expensive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester