Considering buying a Saitek X52...

So yeha im thinking of getting a Saitek X52 but I've heard so much bad stuff about it (buttons going awol, hyperbugs, Axises going awol and the like) and I'm wondering (from people with experience aka own a X52) have you had any these problems or any problems for that fact because i want to just hook it up, configure and go play FC2 and not have any trouble after that.

I have been playing different hotas set ups for 15 years and by far the CH fighter stick is the best accompanied with the X52 throttle controller, So get on EBay and put together a Franken system Like I have. Saitek rudder pedals.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

+1...

The X-52 stick is not great and requires a lot of modifications to make it "tight" and work reasonably well. For the price the CH Fighterstick can't be beat and is very customizable. The X-52 throttle is pretty good and has a lot of controls (although watch out for the scroll wheel to wear out quickly if you actually use it and the ministick is almost useless). The Saitek Pro Flight Rudders are great - zero complaints there.

I just upgraded from an X-52 system to an X-65 Setup, but I was very close to going "Frankensystem" using a CH stick and I am still considering that as an option if the force-sensing stuff doesn't work out.

Thanks!

bax

Ok, but whats the coin about this.

My current HOTAS is a Mad Catz F.L.Y 5 is the X52 better in regards to precision, less mechanical deadzone and mechanical ofcentering because thats what im currently getting bugged by.

btw going for the X52 Pro not standard

Edited by calantlar

Hi.

I can't write cons or pros, because I'm just only using X52Pro.

And I think, it depends how you use it - about techincal problems.

I've been using X52Pro since met with Black Shark (so, it has been 2 years). No any button, control or other problems. I selected it because (1) it has many control items on cyclic and throttle, and (2) there was no other Hotas in my country. :D

I have no idea about others. I'm sure they're great. I just shared my opinions about X52Pro.

P.S.: Connectors. It's like PS/2 (old mouse/keyboard) connectors. They work. But it's better to change another type of connectors... That's it...

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I have had the regular and the pro for over five -six years. No real complaints yet ( other than trying to program the pro's mfd. The joystick seems a bit loose compared to the others I demo'd but like anything else you get used to your equipment. The rotaries on the throttle tend to get particular when you rotate them.Sometimes you have to dial it into the right spot or it jitters.

Again , you'll find the sweet spot and get used to it. I actually enjoy the x52 pro and it would be my fave if I had not also gotten the x65f. I still use the 52 ..... still a happy camper.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

The throttle is probably the only thing that was good about the X52, is the only thing I miss since moving on to other HOTAS. The rotaries are phenomenal for radar manipulation. At some point the stick will stop being smooth and develop sticky points in the spring. The connector between the stick and throttle is a very uncommon male-male ps2 cable, that is not very robust and will ruin your day if it comes out mid flight not to mention the potential for bending and breaking pins. The cable is easily enough replaced, but pretty much can only be found online at place that specifically sells cables (monoprice) because 0 local places are likely to ever carry them. A couple of the toggles stopped working on mine. The CH hotas suffers from 1 design flaw in that the connection to the Pots are made with some sort push and crimp connector instead of being soldered on. This causes axis spiking when they begin to loosen. In my case this lead to crashes on takeoff due to random aileron roll input, or full afterburner while throttle is in idle position. The latter was particularly bad as I would sometimes walk away while spooling engines to come back to see I've blown-up in a field or crashed into a hanger.