The GAU-8: Does any movie get it right?

Antorian

Take a drink for every new gun sound used in the helicopter minigun scene from The Matrix.

Thanks I find a new game to party :thumbup:

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

I dont know anything about explosives but much.When you look at the chemical side,there is alot of energy which gets delivered to the surounding with heat and pressure,the real explosion is then more a orange flash.The Videos where Planebombs cause great Fireballs are of course real,but i think thats mostlyl caused by secondary combustable stuff.

The Explosion of 1 Car fuel tank can already cause a 20 Meters fireball,most bigger buildings have diesel tanks for their internal systems or emergency energy.I think its stuff like this which adds the fireballs to the Explosions of heavy airplane bombs,seen in Iraq War Videos or else.

Of course there also new Thermobaric Bombs,this should have a larger flame for longer time,2-3 seconds perhaps

Good Example is a 40mm underbarrel Grenadelauncher,watch the Youtube Video where some US Guys are firing it,it looks like they would trow firecrackers,only a "pooof" sound and a grey cloud.Compare this to Hollywood :=)

Only one company always get it right: Eagle Dynamics :D Maybe ED should start division M?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Exploding car gas tanks.

Screeching tyres on dirt roads.

Small calibre MG sound effects of 50-cals, vulcans, GAU and DEFA.

Dubbed phrases added during physical exertion scenes when the actors lips aren't moving.

I think we've all come to know and love "hollywood realism".

Where I find it offensive is when it becomes politicised propaganda, such as casting Hitler's inner circle for the hollywood romp "Valkyrie" to look foolish. The first round of casting for the film was more believable actors for those roles but the studio decided some movie goers might not appreciate a neutral historical depiction and would rather see silly charaquatures so they can point and laugh and say how silly the Nazis look. So they picked more foolish looking actors for those roles, which is really propaganda in a subject serious enough that it should be neutral and more documentary, so that whatever lessons are not lost in the midst of idiocy.

I loved movies like Downfall and The Black Book, but unfortunately you have to go to the European film market for that kind of honest filmwork, and put up with subtitles.

Skip to 1:55 - Pretty close... still lame though. x)

Take a look at our in-depth DCS A10C tutorials

If you want to participate in these tutorial sessions, please send me a PM and I can get you setup! :)

TUTORIALS TO RETURN "VERY SOON"

Skip to 1:55 - Pretty close... still lame though. x)

What I like about this is that those are most likely Mavericks, due to where they appear from on the wing. Not that they can't be used in an AA role, I've done it my fair share of times, but if you look earlier in that video there's the underside of an A-10 and all pylons have a single AIM-9 if I remember. I'd assume this was standard loadout.

Love that paint though.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now