Friendly Ground Radar-RWR

SFAL

Known bug.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

In a way it's good that we don't see friendly SAM radar emissions, at least we don't have friendly SEAD aircraft shooting on friendly SAM's in MP when they see a mud spike :)

I'd rather see it back, anything that requires mission knowledge to avoid failing is good. After a few teamkills/kicks I'm sure the online community would gradually become more accustomed to reading briefings and requesting information of the battlefield instead of jumping in and shooting anything that moves.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I was under the impression it was always intended for them to be visible. For both realism and functionality.

I know it's realistic... I'm just not sure if ED intended it to be that way. Personally in some of the missions we/I've flown I though it was a great idea. When you spawn in and see the 'PT' lit up you knew trouble was close. :D

.... until some noob teamkilled it. :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know it's realistic... I'm just not sure if ED intended it to be that way. Personally in some of the missions we/I've flown I though it was a great idea. When you spawn in and see the 'PT' lit up you knew trouble was close. :D

.... until some noob teamkilled it. :doh:

Exactly. Lately when I've been flying on the 51st its that certain people rather enjoy attacking sochi, which is blue striker home plate. I sometimes CAP here and target area, and use Sochi to R&R. The lack friendly SAM nails leaves me unknowing whether or not I have sam cover while extending and RTB. So if I'm winchester and know I'm being chased home I just pray and wait for a sam launch.

YES!!!!

This is my problem too! If the sam signal is live on the RWR you know that enemy AC is in the vicinity.

I doo agree with Mustang that trigger happy pilots will get on noobing the friendly sams.. just becouse the mud spike. But Frostie is right about people DONT care to read the briefing.

I tought about it and if it is possible to implement a trigger zone around friendly airfield that displayes a short msg warning pilots that they are in the vicinity of friendly sam systems would be benifital. If it is a HAWK the H50 designation should be displayed as well.....etc... I dont think that the patriot nor the S300 will need any of this :)

This can be played for the SU25T pilots and A10 pilots only. Fighter jets will get the usual launch tone :)

• 10 months later...
YES!!!!

This is my problem too! If the sam signal is live on the RWR you know that enemy AC is in the vicinity.

I doo agree with Mustang that trigger happy pilots will get on noobing the friendly sams.. just becouse the mud spike. But Frostie is right about people DONT care to read the briefing.

I tought about it and if it is possible to implement a trigger zone around friendly airfield that displayes a short msg warning pilots that they are in the vicinity of friendly sam systems would be benifital. If it is a HAWK the H50 designation should be displayed as well.....etc... I dont think that the patriot nor the S300 will need any of this :)

This can be played for the SU25T pilots and A10 pilots only. Fighter jets will get the usual launch tone :)

noobs will be noobs, ive seen people do gun runs on tors and tunguskas, or ka50s shooting tors.

as if you are going to be alive after seeing a tor in a ka-50, nothing will stop the noobs from being noobs.

noobs will be noobs, ive seen people do gun runs on tors and tunguskas, or ka50s shooting tors.

as if you are going to be alive after seeing a tor in a ka-50, nothing will stop the noobs from being noobs.

That's what server passwords are for.

This is supposed to be a simulator after all, not dumbed down for mass consumption.

Hey, I've taken down Tors in my KA-50. I found that if i get up over 250 Km/hr and stay under 10m radio alt, I can close to guns and nail 'em 9 times out of 10.

Noticed this bug first time in 1.2.8. Is this known to the developers? Is there a corresponding bug thread that mention this?

And most important: Will this be fixed?

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37