Random Airtraffic Script (with MIST2.0)

SNAFU

edit.....sorry...your talking landing speed...nothing intelligent to contribute on that topic.....

here are my "Random traffic Scripts" that are modified for AF1, AF2, AF3, AF4, AF5, AF6, AF7, AF8, AF9, AF11, AF12, AF13, AF14, AF15, AF16......airlanehub1, airlanehub2, airlanehub3

Blue Random Traffic 1.lua ...AF1, AF2, AF3, airlanehub1... these two blues cover all of georgia

Blue Random Traffic 2.lua ...AF4, AF5, AF6, airlanehub1... this one need modifying...i was trying to get a carrier to work (no joy)

Red Random Traffic1.lua ...AF7, AF8, AF9, airlanehub2...Russian...will work with blue random traffic

Red Random Traffic2.lua ....AF11, AF12, AF13, airlanhub2...Russian...helps cover north in random traffic

Red Random Traffic3.lua ....AF14, AF15, AF16, airlanehub3...Russian...needs modifying....i was setting up a helo only and trying to get farps working (no joy)

All these run together...but they are seen as one big script because of the global counters I think.....they do not spawn individually....so you can control the spawn rate by adjusting all the same and its pot luck on with airfield will spawn random traffic.....i normally run 300, 1200 interval in order to not over populate the map.....

.....there are probably alot of problems here that I dont know about because i just hacked and slashed the available script...its quite obviously I dont have any skill when it comes to this....but i figured I would show what I've done in hopes that someone greater then I will get a clever idea after looking at my slop......i changed most to only spawn an-26s and yak-40s...civilian traffic only

...edit...after looking closer...you will have to edit the airfields on most of those...but the idea is that you can have 6 blue and 9 red airfields spawning traffic, one blue air hub, two red air hubs.....works rather well....

...the auto cleanup is not my favorite...I know it makes it nice when a plane gets destroyed at an airfield by bad taxi driving....but it also makes it to where I've had problems after shooting the traffic down and after ai has shot them down.....maybe a problem with the latest changes in mist and DCS....but spawning random su-25's over an area and sending AI planes to attack have yielded crashes in my DCS.....

Edited by Davis0079

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

I'm still leaning towards meters per second based on this statement in the referenced Mist function:

[font=Courier New][font=Courier New]
if not speed then
  wp.speed = mist.utils.[color=Red]kmphToMps[/color](500)
else
  wp.speed = speed
end
[/font][/font]

Eh guys- Still working on this landing issue... I've been over the script and I can't see where it is that it says that the fighter aircraft groups will be spawned in with a wingman. Anything in there jump out that could be modified so that it's single aircraft only? That will help with the landing issue.

Whoops- okay... well I looked again with a different head on and found that 2602-2619 is the script for the wingie for the fighters. I've deleted that and they fly solo now... no wingie and therefore no landing problems!

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post

This should be the airdrome IDs:

0 Airdrome_0

1Khersones

2 Saki

3Simpheropol

4 Razdolnoe

5 Dzhankoy

6 Kirovskoe

7 Kerch

8 Belbek

9 Krasnogvardeyskoye

10 Octyabrskoe

11 Gvardeyskoe

12 Anapa

13 Krasnodar

14 Novorossiysk

15 Krymsk

16 Maykop

17 Gelendzhik

18 Sochi

19 Krasnodar_P

20 Sukhumi

21 Gudauta

22 Batumi

23 Tskhakaya

24 Kobuleti

25 Kutaisi

26 MinVody

27 Nalchik

28 Mozdok

29 Tbilisi-Lochini

30 Soganlug

31 Vaziani

32 Beslan

Anyone know if these are all still current?

Reason I ask is I've been adding versions of this script to add airfields. Once I added the third iteration it stopped spawning aircraft at thode designated places. I know the script loaded since I have it changed to a c- prefix... predictably all subsequent aircraft are spawned with c prefixes. But they won't take off from those bases- in particular Krasnodar center, Anapa and Krymsk. I've used the names in a corrected post earlier in this thread.

I've changed everything I can think of in terms of random numbers and airfield id's (up to 7-9) and in my last log the Anapa base returned a nil value.

So just wondering how I can go about problem solving this?

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

dont know about the other two...but = 'Krasnodar-Center' ...works for me....

heres what I can conferm from my working scripts

'Krasnodar-Center'

'Gelendzhik'

'Minoralnve Vody'

'Nalchik'

'Maykop-Khanskaya'

'Beslan'

'Sochi-Adler'

'Gudauta'

'Kutaisi'

'Kobuleti'

'Senaki-Kolkhi'

'Batumi'

all these names came from scripts that I know work.....I believe I used the full name I saw on the map in the ME, with hyphen, and had no problems....that list did not work for me....

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

That list is from the {DCS}\scripts\database\wsTypes.lua file, which apparently are not the right names for use in a script.

I generated this list using the scripting-engine world.getAirbases() function:

ID CALLSIGN

12 Anapa-Vityazevo

13 Krasnodar-Center

14 Novorossiysk

15 Krymsk

16 Maykop-Khanskaya

17 Gelendzhik

18 Sochi-Adler

19 Krasnodar-Pashkovsky

20 Sukhumi-Babushara

21 Gudauta

22 Batumi

23 Senaki-Kolkhi

24 Kobuleti

25 Kutaisi

26 Mineralnye Vody

27 Nalchik

28 Mozdok

29 Tbilisi-Lochini

30 Soganlug

31 Vaziani

32 Beslan

This is an exhaustive list -- I guess the others are not available for scripting purposes.

Hope it helps.

Edited by ajax

I was looking into the GCICAP script (which is closely related to this one) last night and trying to debug it to finally find why my red cap units don't always spawn. The function spawnCAP seems to die randomly on this code:

local CAPairfield = Airbase.getByName(CAPairfieldname)

-- XX CAPairfieldID = CAPairfield:getID() moved down to make it the same as blue logic

Debug("debuggingmessage spawnCAP: script hung A-X3: counter:"..string.format(counter), CAPside)

actualCAPairfield = trigger.misc.getZone(CAPairfieldname)

So I am beginning to think that the airbase name is the problem and that is why my error is occuring randomly. That is, the red cap can spawn from 3 different airbases chosen at random from Sukhumi, Nalchik and Mozdok. So looking at the last few posts in this thread it sounds like I should be using 'Sukhumi-Babushara' instead of Sukhumi in my script? or have I misunderstood?

I'd try by experimentation and avoid asking the question here but I'm at work for the next 8-10 hours and I'm curious to see if my problem is due to Sukhumi being randomly chosen and I'm using the wrong name. Which then explains why sometimes the problem goes away if only Nalchik and Mozdok are chosen.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Ok thanks and no problems Eno. I can test it when I get home tonight, guess I'm just overly keen to get the thing moving as I've been looking at it on and off for 6 months now (it feels like it anyway) and it was Chameleon Silk looking at the runway use issue the other day that got me motivated again...plus getting the script working would take a big chunk out of building a dynamic border war mission.

• 2 months later...
I was looking into the GCICAP script (which is closely related to this one) last night and trying to debug it to finally find why my red cap units don't always spawn. The function spawnCAP seems to die randomly on this code:

local CAPairfield = Airbase.getByName(CAPairfieldname)

-- XX CAPairfieldID = CAPairfield:getID() moved down to make it the same as blue logic

Debug("debuggingmessage spawnCAP: script hung A-X3: counter:"..string.format(counter), CAPside)

actualCAPairfield = trigger.misc.getZone(CAPairfieldname)

So I am beginning to think that the airbase name is the problem and that is why my error is occuring randomly. That is, the red cap can spawn from 3 different airbases chosen at random from Sukhumi, Nalchik and Mozdok. So looking at the last few posts in this thread it sounds like I should be using 'Sukhumi-Babushara' instead of Sukhumi in my script? or have I misunderstood?

I'd try by experimentation and avoid asking the question here but I'm at work for the next 8-10 hours and I'm curious to see if my problem is due to Sukhumi being randomly chosen and I'm using the wrong name. Which then explains why sometimes the problem goes away if only Nalchik and Mozdok are chosen.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Here too, thanks Stonehouse for keeping this alive.

I will try to pick up here in the next weeks and see what is happening, what I can remember... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 1 month later...

I reworked this script a little in regard of "waste mangement" and idle or damaged planes should now be removed more reliably.

Furthermore I added textmessages to the script, to simulate Radio traffic in the most pragmatic way I could find.

For warning the player of AI activity around, the aircraft will trigger messages to the coalition it belongs to, reflecting the phase of the procedure the craft is in. As example an RFF IL78M spawned on Kutiasi:

"Kutaisi, RFF5897, IL-78M, taxiing to active runway!" [unit spawned on Apron]

"Kutaisi, RFF5897, departing active runway and leaving control zone!" [(2nd of Flight) Unit started takeoff roll]

"Kutaisi, RFF5897, airborne" [ (2nd of Flight) Unit is 15m above ground]

"Kutaisi, RFF5897, is bearing: 308 for 3 nautical miles at altitude 1800, leaving control zone." [(2nd of Flight) Unit leaves triggerzone you have to set in the ME around airfield]

"Tbilisi-West, RFF5897, is N42,125 - E 042,045 at altitude 20000, checking in." [(1st of Flight)Unit enters triggerzone "trafficzone"]

"Kobuleti, RFF5897, is bearing: 102 for 3 nautical miles at altitude 2000, for landing." [(1st of Flight) Unit enters triggerzone you have to set in the ME around airfield]

"Kobuleti, RFF5897, on final!" [(1st of Flight) Unit is lower than 500m above ground]

"Kobuleti, RFF5897, touchdown!" [(2nd of Flight) Unit is lower than 15m above ground]

"Kobuleti, RFF5897, runway vacated!" [(2nd of Flight) Unit is not moving anymore and taken out of game]

Files and updates in the first post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Just to make it more clear...since I'm not sure how Mission Editor and additional script works..

1. Download Speed&Grimes MIST 2.0 script collection

Do you mean MIST 3.3? http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Do I need to place MIST script in any specific folder? For example C:\Users|{username}\Saved Games\DCS?

2. ....

3. Open the trigger page

4. Below you find a row with which you initialize the MIST 2.0 file

I'm lost....I don't see any row to initialize MIST

rzZTDo6.jpg

5. Choose airfield nr 1 you want to have traffic on, place a trigger zone with the name "airfield1" over the airfield. Write the name of the airfield, in the script in line 12

6. Choose airfield nr 2 you want to have traffic on, place a trigger zone with the name "airfield2" over the airfield. Write the name of the airfield, in the script in line 13

7. Choose airfield nr 3 you want to have traffic on, place a trigger zone with the name "airfield3" over the airfield. Write the name of the airfield, in the script in line 14

8. Place a triggerzone called "airlanehub1" somewhere on the map. The radius of the zone defines the spread of points the planes will fly to after take off. (They take off fly to a random point in the zone and land at a random airfield (1-3))

9. Create a "Once->Time more than 1 seconds -> Do script file (load the script)" Trigger

10. Start the mission

You can edit the script randomization in a way, that you only spawn planes of certain nations or types in lines 26-28. "math.random(x,y)" means it chooses a random value in the range of [x,y], so if you edit x and y you can define the range aircrafttypes and therefore nations, because every type is only available for one nation, except a few like Uh-1, Mi-8, Yak-40 and the like.

In line 10 you can edit the spawnintervall, if you feel the map gets too crowded, or you want to have more traffic.

Edited by Vespa

Hi Vespa,

1. Yes, you can use MIST 3.3. Here you find the latest 3.5 afaik.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1622305&postcount=3

2. No. The script file does not need to be in a specific folder.

3. Below the 3 grey boxes you see the line INITIALIZATION SCRIPT: Here you have to initialize MIST 3.5. You can also create a new trigger type on the same page as MISSION START and then under ACTIONS chose the action DO SCRIPT FILE and initialize MIST with this trigger. Important is, that you initialize MIST before you run any script, which uses functions defined in MIST.

You can take a look at the example file I uploaded in the first post ( randomairtraffic_scripttest.miz (58.7 KB, 6 views)) and see how it is done there. The GUI manual provided by ED might also be helpful for understanding the ME basics as creating trigger zones and triggers. It is no rocket science and can be fun. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Snafu, in your script you randomly define the ac type...where did you get the list of number AC for each AC type? I don't find any list in the ED wiki. Thanks for feedback

There is no such list.

I put every AC with a defined skin and loadout into a mission and opened the mission file (use winrar or 7z to open *.miz file), picked out the tables and put them into my lua file. :smilewink:

So which should we download and try ? Thx

Depends on your taste. The both do the same. You have to set some parameters in both versions, depending if you want to have traffic with only western or russian planes or only fixed wings or only tactical etc. In both cases you have to define the airfields in the script an in the editor (maybe I improve that part). That should be explained in the first post. :music_whistling:

the r5 version has no text messages for the simplified the radio traffic.

r6 prints out text messages as outlined on page 1 with the idea to give players around a heads up, while taxiing, in close pattern or the like.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

• 10 months later...

I'm so not into scripting, this gives me a headache :( I'm trying to make in my mission some spawning using the radio comm, this works as i used RAF Automan,s script, but i'm trying to make my spawn random altitude, how could i achieve this huge puzzle? :(