DCS World and Flaming Cliffs 3

Hello

I am a potential new member to this series and am interested in getting FC3 working in DCS World.

I understand I need to purchase Lock On: Modern Air Combat first, does the euro version not have the Modern Air Combat in the title?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/UBI-Soft-Lock-On/dp/B000083OJ1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371573962&sr=8-1&keywords=lock+on

Could I get the version from amazon and then just buy FC3 from the store when the sale begins and then have it as a module in DCS World?

I have never played a DCS game before but last night got DCS World installed and had a play about with free plane. I am really interested in getting one of the helis in the sale but FC3 seems like a good fit to get a few more planes in there to occasionally play with.

One more question, how does multiplayer work with modules you don't own? are you only able to play on servers that have the modules running you own or can others fly modules you don't own?

The Amazon link looks like what you need.

I did the same thing a couple of years ago and bought from Amazon U.S.

Once you install the CD, you should be able to purchase and download FC3.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Yes, that version of LockOn will work fine.

As for MP, if you do not own the A10 module, for example, then you cannot fly that aircraft but you can still fly your aircraft online with those that do own the A-10.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Once you install the CD, you should be able to purchase and download FC3.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you can download at anytime, even without owning the product key, and you can buy it at anytime as well. The only thing you can't do is install install FC3 without the installation of LockOn. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

One more question, how does multiplayer work with modules you don't own? are you only able to play on servers that have the modules running you own or can others fly modules you don't own?

You can play on any server, once you're on a server you usually get a list of planes to choose from. From what I recall I think you just don't get a cockpit if you choose a plane you don't own.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Hi!

like Avigrace, I'm about to step into DCS World with Flaming Cliffs 3.

I want be sure about what the requirement of lock on modern air combat or previous version of flaming cliffs means.

Since CD version of LockOn seems hard to obtain, would this product "LOCK ON 1.1b: Flaming Cliffs (English download version)" on this page

http://lockon.co.uk/shop.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop

do the same?

The problem with the 'previous version of Flaming Cliffs' is that they all require LockOn to install. So the answer is that without LockOn the product you linked will not work by itself.