Complete transport script

geloxo

I don't know if this is just me but I'm trying the "callspawn" standalone "do script" but the two groups (red and blue) just run right past eack other without engaging. On the F10 map they are set to fire and even after setting their state to red they still won't fire at each other. Am I missing something that will make the red's and blue's fight? or are they just going to run around all friendly. They don't seem to engage any form of enemy unit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I don't know if this is just me but I'm trying the "callspawn" standalone "do script" but the two groups (red and blue) just run right past eack other without engaging. On the F10 map they are set to fire and even after setting their state to red they still won't fire at each other. Am I missing something that will make the red's and blue's fight? or are they just going to run around all friendly. They don't seem to engage any form of enemy unit.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I had the same pb.

Look at your coalition, and be sure Russia or USA are not set to Neutral, or part of the same coalition.

I've got a question : created groups are not "fuly" recognized by the game => for example, I've placed a zone and a trigger to check if any, let say "red" are in, so accociated with a "part of coalition inside zone". The game doesn't take into account which side is in red or blue. The trigger is valid for both of them. Is there a way to change that ?

Anyway, thank you again for this scipt !

I talked to Grimes a bit about that awhile ago. I'll go find the link and post back.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1857779&postcount=18

Here it is... It starts at 18, but go to the thread using that link (go "view thread" I think it is) and you can see Grimes' answer.

That should import anything generated using that script into a table that will be recognized either by MIST or the game scripting engine.

I haven't ever had trouble with spawned units engaging enemy- but now that I think about it those enemy weren't also "spawned."

I hope the link helps a bit but it may be a different problem altogether.

Edited by ENO

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Wit the latest patch, CTTS has stopped working for me.

On mission start I get the error:

DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\Wesley\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis000039B1"]:1: unexpected symbol near 'ï'

Loading the file shown in the error, it is CTTS as configured for my mission (worked perfectly before patch). The given character as stated in: "symbol near 'ï'" - is not even in the file. Anyone else got this bug, or a solution?

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

Hi guys. Sorry for late answer. I´m out for a while and currently I do not plan to support CTTS in short time. I even did not check the new patch myself. I´m sorry about bad news. The script was created as a proof of concept till the huey or DCS engine implemented the troop transportation itself or an alternative to this simple script.

Best solution is to leave the code open for other scripters to use it provided that Deck (remember he had the former idea) has no problems about that. At least on my part of the work you don´t need to ask for permission to modify and publish an updated one. Please make it public for everybody so that we all can enjoy it.

Cheers ;)

Thank's for your great work for this script , I use it for mission with my little groupe

I have à question :

if I pick soldiers : " extract1 "

I creat a triggerzone " pose" and I have put soldiers insrgents in mode late activate

I creat a trigger " if extract1 is in this zone then soldiers insurgents activates

but when I drop extract1 in this zone the soldiers insurgents not here ...

is the extract1 recognise on the MAp? it is really on view F10

I hope you anderstand my question with my poor english ;)

Hi,

I made a new script based on Deck´s HueyDrop2 script (all credits to him for the original idea) that extends the functionallity much more, allowing both human and AI units to drop troops. Also logistics are incorporated so you can transport equipment as well. It´s compatible with air and ground forces (even controlled by players via Combined Arms addon).

Important:

Remember to reload script on the mission editor everytime you change the configuration.

Features:

Complete Troops Transport Script (CTTS) v1.04

TROOPS TRANSPORTATION

- Script is compatible with both air and ground transports controlled by players or AI

- Transports will drop troops types based on the coalition they belong to and the number of previously loaded troops

- Typically the troops are loaded inside a pickup trigger and dropped inside a drop trigger, but usage of triggers is not mandatory

- Pickup and drop smoke markers can be enabled, disabled and their colours configured

- To enable a UNIT to use the transport script set its UNITNAME in the list of transports names or use any of the predefined ones in your mission

- To manually define a GROUP as extractable add its GROUPNAME to the list of extractable groups or use any of the predefined ones in your mission

- Dropped troops will stay close to drop point or go to closest enemy position (default 2000m)

- Human players need to use F10 radio action to load/unload troops or to check the cargo status

- Players can only load troops inside the pickup trigger or alternatively load any pre-defined extractable group or spawned group everywhere. In both cases you can drop them everywhere

- Troops can be extracted by players if transport is near their current position (default 50m)

- Troops can be returned to pick zones by players (acting as Medevacs, for instance)

- AI transports will automatically load troops only when inside the pickup triggers. AI transports won´t extract any unit automatically (to avoid interferences with human players)

- AI transports will automatically unload troops only if they are close enough to drop triggers center (default 500m for ground units and 10km for air units). This allows AI ground units to enter triggers without dropping

- Ground Commander take control of AI transports via Combined Arms module and manually load and unload troops with them (this will disable the auto load/unload feature for the AI transport)

- Ground Commander can move any of the deployed troops manually in the field

LOGISTICS

- Human players can load equipment when close to any logistics supplier group from their coalition and deploy it everywhere

- Any human controlled transport enabled for troops transportation will be automatically enabled for logistics as well (AI transports do not support logistics, cause it´s useless in this case)

- To manually define a GROUP as logistics supplier add its GROUPNAME to the list of logistics groups or use any of the predefined ones in your mission

- An extractable group of troops can be used as logistics as well (by setting the same name in both lists)

- Deployed logistic items can be transported by any coalition (you can steal the enemy ones)

- There´s no need to define logistic items in mission. You need to spawn them with the standalone function (this is used to keep consistency between cargo 3D models)

Notes:

1. It´s NOT MANDATORY to place in mission any pickup or drop triggers as you can always use extractable units instead or pre-load transports with troops manually. ONLY if you are using AI transports you need at least ONE DROP trigger to perform the automatic unload. You can use any of the predefined names for triggers or use your own ones.

2. Predefined extractable groups can be used to trigger actions during mission as their groupnames will be kept during the mission when transported by human players

3. To pre-load units with troops during mission call at least 10s after mission started via DoScript action the following standalone function:

LoadTransport("unitName", number)

Where:
- "unitname" = the name of the transport
- number = optionally the number of troops.

Examples:
a. LoadTransport("helicargo1") This will load with default number of troops the unit "helicargo1"
b. LoadTransport("helicargo1",4) This will load it with 4 troops

As an alternative to this you can always use a AI transport that enters a pickzone to load them automatically

4. You can generate groups of extractable units during mission, that will search for enemy as well, using the following standalone function:

CallSpawn("groupside", number, "triggerName", radius)

Where:
- "groupside" = "ins" for insurgents, "red" for Russia and "blue" for USA
- number = number of groups to spawn
- "triggerName" = trigger to use as spawn
- radius = random distance for units to move from spawn zone (0 will leave troops at the spawn position - no search for enemy)

Example: CallSpawn("red", 2, "spawn1", 1000) This will spawn 2 groups of russians at trigger "spawn1" and they will search for enemy or move randomly withing 1000m

5. You can check the amount of extracted units inside a particular trigger using the following standalone function:

CountExtracted("triggerName", flagBlue, flagRed)

Where:
- "triggerName" = name of trigger to supervise
- flagBlue = userflag to count the number of blue units inside trigger
- flagRed = userflag to count the number of red units inside trigger

Example: CountExtracted("trigger1", 200, 201) this will count the units inside "trigger1" and store the values in the flags 200 and 201 (which can be accessed during mission)

6. You can generate logistic items on the field during mission using the following standalone function:

CallSpawnLogistics("groupside", number, "triggerName", radius)

Where:
"groupside" = "ins" for insurgents, "red" for Russia "blue" for USA
number = number of items to spawn
"triggerName" = trigger name in mission editor between commas
radius = separation between items

Example: CallSpawnLogistics("blue", 2, "spawn1", 30) this example will spawn 2 cargo items for USA at trigger "spawn1" separated 30m 

7. You can check the amount of logistics dropped items inside a particular trigger using the following standalone function:

CountLogistics("triggerName",flagLog)

Where:
"triggerName" = name of trigger to supervise
flagLog = userflag to count the number of logistic items inside trigger

Example: CountLogistics("trigger1",300) this will count the items inside "trigger1" and store the values in the flag 300 (which can be accessed by mission)

8. Always RELOAD SCRIPT in mission after any changes on its configuration

Example mission included.

Also CTTS includes a new standalone set of functions for radio transmissions. Use them to configure radio beacons with periodical recall for JIP or to send messages without any group configuration on the editor.

RADIO AM/FM TRANSMISSION CONFIGURATION

I prefer this scripted approach due to its flexibility and to avoid loosing your configurations in case unit is deleted by mistake (as it happened to me..). If the soundfiles you want to use where not present in the .miz file add them manually to it and then open the mission in editor later on.

Examples:

RadioAM("huey1", 226, "Atmospheric.ogg", "Information") this will send a message with subtitles "Information" from huey1 on freq 226 AM (UHF)
RadioFM("huey1", 30, "Atmospheric.ogg", "Information") this will send a message with subtitles "Information" from huey1 on freq 30 FM
BeaconAM("huey1", 117, "Atmospheric.ogg") this will set an AM beacon on huey1 on freq 117 AM (VHF)
BeaconFM("huey1", 40, "Atmospheric.ogg") this will set a FM beacon on huey1 on freq 40 FM
RadioHQ("huey1", 118, "Atmospheric.ogg", "Information") this will send a periodical message with subtitles "Information" from huey1 on freq 118 FM

I hope you like it ;)

thank you very much :thumbup: perfect ! ! !

• 2 weeks later...

RadioAM("huey1", 226, "Atmospheric.ogg", "Information") this will send a message with subtitles "Information" from huey1 on freq 226 AM (UHF)

RadioFM("huey1", 30, "Atmospheric.ogg", "Information") this will send a message with subtitles "Information" from huey1 on freq 30 FM

BeaconAM("huey1", 117, "Atmospheric.ogg") this will set an AM beacon on huey1 on freq 117 AM (VHF)

BeaconFM("huey1", 40, "Atmospheric.ogg") this will set a FM beacon on huey1 on freq 40 FM

RadioHQ("huey1", 118, "Atmospheric.ogg", "Information") this will send a periodical message with subtitles "Information" from huey1 on freq 118 FM

[/code]

I hope you like it ;)

I am trying to put a Bacon Localizer to a unit... but it seems impossible!!! using

BeaconFM("extract1", 40, "Atmospheric.ogg") it should work isnt??

any suggestions??

I mean, I put a triger zone, condition part o coallition in area and in action I put DO SCRIPT.

Then i write

BeaconFM("extract1", 40, "Atmospheric.ogg"), where "extract1" is the name of an extractable unit... so, I want the unit to transmit its position, but it seems impossible!

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, Eno, I think you touched on this at some point a while back in this thread and I couldn't find an actual answer to it. I am using CTTS in a mission and all is working so far, except one part. I can't make groups that have been transported trigger anything.

For instance, I wanted to use the Unit Inside Zone (or Part of Group Inside Zone etc.) to trigger, well anything. I pick up the unit from outside the zone and drop it off inside the zone hoping that when its feet hit the ground, the trigger will fire, but nothing happens. Tried about 100 different ways. Spent the last three house troubleshooting and can't figure it out. Am I missing something?

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

WoW. Ok, by no means a quick read but that does seem to be the same issue I'm having. I'll dig in tomorrow and see how far I can get. I haven't used MIST before though so I'll need to explore that a bit.

Thanks for link, btw. That thread is money.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

I'll go back through it and pick out the actual fix. Basically what Grimes told me to do was adjust a few lines in the CTTS.lua script- I've since applied that and don't have the same issues.

EDIT: Just looked at it again and the answer is right below it here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1857797&postcount=19

Just copy and paste that where indicated.

• Like 1

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art