Radar target designator moving so fast

GumidekCZ

Hi

I want to point on problem in FC3 about controls of target designator on radar screen. At A-10C and Ka-50 its working all right (sensitive enough to pick single target of the large group of vehicles). But in FC3 this is not tuned, and single keyboard command to shift designator to right or left will move it fast, so you can’t pick your desired target from formation. I have tried almost every way to move the designator slowly, but with no success. Even if i mapped the vertical and horizontal movement of designator on mouse axis, than I’m not able to shift narrow scan area to left or right (in narrow STT mode and TWS).

So please, fix this to the next update of FC3, best will be possibility to tune it personaly somewhere in DCS.

PS

With this problem, weak F-15C radar, TWS in F-15C guiding AIM120 to target only VERY roughly (sometimes not at all, even with bandits on radar), and all think about AIM120…the fight with F-15C very problematic. Many of guys I know left F-15C and starts on SU-27, which is also my case. But this should be discussed elsewhere, sorry for that.

Hi

I want to point on problem in FC3 about controls of target designator on radar screen. At A-10C and Ka-50 its working all right (sensitive enough to pick single target of the large group of vehicles). But in FC3 this is not tuned, and single keyboard command to shift designator to right or left will move it fast, so you can’t pick your desired target from formation. I have tried almost every way to move the designator slowly, but with no success. Even if i mapped the vertical and horizontal movement of designator on mouse axis, than I’m not able to shift narrow scan area to left or right (in narrow STT mode and TWS).

So please, fix this to the next update of FC3, best will be possibility to tune it personaly somewhere in DCS.

It works perfect with the mouse axis, to move the scan zone in TWS you need to use the scan zone controls, they are 'R Shift /' to move scan zone right and 'R Shift ,' to move scan zone left.

PS

With this problem, weak F-15C radar, TWS in F-15C guiding AIM120 to target only VERY roughly (sometimes not at all, even with bandits on radar), and all think about AIM120…the fight with F-15C very problematic. Many of guys I know left F-15C and starts on SU-27, which is also my case. But this should be discussed elsewhere, sorry for that.

This is more like pilot error. The F-15 in FC3 is the premier air superiority fighter, its radar sees contacts just as far as any other flyable aircrafts radar, it has TWS superior to any other, you have TEWS which gives awesome situational awareness and it has more fuel and better consumption than you could ever need, if you're getting killed more times than killing then you're doing it wrong. Take a look online and you'll see F-15s cleaning the boards.

When you use it correctly TWS works fine, when you use them right Aim120's work as well as anything from range. You're problem is probably that Russian drivers are getting low and sneaky and you're making the mistake of getting too close and playing into their hands.

It's possible to fly an F-15 without getting killed and drop bad guy after bad guy from 20nm all day long, nothing can compete with it in the high altitude BVR environment.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Nothing I love more than to see a Russian jet cruising along above 15,000'. Even more so when he's only doing like 400 knots. There are some issues, which may be partially due to lag, randomly loosing lock on a non-maneuvering target. Also the elevation scale occasionally indicates that you're scanning a certain area at a certain range setting, but its actually missing targets in the altitude bracket that are at a closer range. The radar also occasionally hangs up. It looks like its back in RWS, but you'll notice (or not) that the scan bars aren't moving/missing. With all that I'm still effective at delivering death with it, just annoyed by it sometimes. Where have all you 51st guys been at lately, the Red side seems to be hurting for skilled flanker pilots.

No, 120's do suck bad right now. It has nothing to do with anyone getting sneaky.

Yeah you can't kill anything with them outside of 12nm. The Aim-7 is better, but the seeker is crap, and thirsty for chaff. I watched a target fly in a straight line and spoof 2 of them. I ended up having to use an Aim-9, while narrowly escaping a R-73.

While I haven't tried to use the TD via the keyboard or mouse, I did notice that it was initially a bit squirrelly when I set up my warthog TD for it. In order to fix this you need click axis tune for both the horizontal and vertical option and configure a curve and deadzone.

Hi

While I haven't tried to use the TD via the keyboard or mouse, I did notice that it was initially a bit squirrelly when I set up my warthog TD for it. In order to fix this you need click axis tune for both the horizontal and vertical option and configure a curve and deadzone.

I tuned mouse axis to less sensitive and curve less steep,than its OK.

But before I start using mouse, the actual keyboard buttons for moving TD actualy move narrow scan zone L,R also. (still talking about FC3, not FC2)

Keyboard buttons are better for using for me. Id like to have mouse free for sightseeing around external view. But with fast movement of TD as it is from keyboard now, its only way out.

No, 120's do suck bad right now. It has nothing to do with anyone getting sneaky.

You obviously haven't experienced enough F15 air superiority. Using 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 as a test bed is not going to enlighten you.

A four ship of F-15s using 120's will keep every bandits head down and out of the patrol area or dead, period. You can't press and own airspace against this fourship. An active aim-120 on you when you're high is virtually game over so these bandits will go low and pull you with them, stay too high and you're missiles and radar are never going to work with such a great angle, come too low and they'll drag you into a low turning fight. The lower they go the easier it becomes to spoof your actives and rightly so. The aim-120 is the best of a bad bunch of FC3 radar missiles.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

That is my point, and like I said, they suck. I wasn't intending to make a huge argument, if you want to hear that this suck extends to other missiles - yes, it does, both in terms of sensor issues, countermeasure rejection, AND kinematics.

The aim-120 is the best of a bad bunch of FC3 radar missiles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I wasn't intending to make a huge argument,

I see you actually do.

if you want to hear that this suck extends to other missiles

" extends..." ???

ThGumidekCZ I have tested F-15 MFD Designator and is extreme fast compared with the russian Hud Designator, this is a very good advantage, you should use all the advantage that have brought ED for the F-15 new strategy Marketing.

Just try and try and you will be superior in anyway.

PD: Last night 4 F-15 at the top of the score list. the first with 24 kills, the rest of the RU just 2. Amazing!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PD: Last night 4 F-15 at the top of the score list. the first with 24 kills, the rest of the RU just 2. Amazing!

I wonder if this was a night I was flying... Anyway this really happens realistically due to influx of inexperienced pilots that happen to be RU pilots. I have had these nights where I have an awesome K/D ratio, but I still get killed. Like all things aerial combat, you fly with your advantages in mind. When I get killed in my F-15 I've made a gross mistake, which I generally learn from. That said the 120's are still not almighty, the more experienced guys still manage to evade them from seemingly impossible ranges. All the missiles are flawed, I've taken the time to learn to exploit said flaws while using mine in the most advantageous ways possible.

How do you assign the target designator to move with the mouse? In the options, I see there is a "TDC Slew Horizontal" and a "TDC Slew Vertical" but I don't have the option of assigning it to my mouse. I just have a regular Logitech 2 button + wheel mouse.

How do you assign the target designator to move with the mouse? In the options, I see there is a "TDC Slew Horizontal" and a "TDC Slew Vertical" but I don't have the option of assigning it to my mouse. I just have a regular Logitech 2 button + wheel mouse.

you can clear the mouse category and then assign your mouse anywhere, but you wont be able to turn your head or the camera with the mouse anymore, unless you put the mouse to a modifier.

Edited by karambiatos

you can clear the mouse category and then assign your mouse anywhere, but you wont be able to turn your head or the camera with the mouse anymore, unless you put the mouse to a modifier.
Thanks. Now, do you have to tune the axes a certain way? I've played with it and either the TDC doesn't move at all or it moves to the extreme left, right, up, or down.

Thanks. Now, do you have to tune the axes a certain way? I've played with it and either the TDC doesn't move at all or it moves to the extreme left, right, up, or down.

IDK u set my mouse to slew the designators but i made a modifier with it, i didnt have any problems. you could try doing axis tune stuff on the mouse axis' but i dont know if it will work.