Would you want/ allow flyable civilian aircraft in DCS

Kroll

Would you want/ allow flyable civilian aircraft in DCS  

878 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want/ allow flyable civilian aircraft in DCS

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe if I can shoot them down.
    • I don't care a long as I can get the Nevada terrain.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that.

With its crazy low stall rate, it would be really interesting to fly. Maybe have some missions where you sneak in low under radar dropping off spec ops guys.

The AN-2 has been so mass produced, they must be in abundance in Europe.

i see the difference between those two aircrafts, but if you like low controllable speeds and landing/starting on a soccerfield, then that one must be good for ya as well ;)

Fieseler Storch

although i believe you know it already :)

regards,

RR

PS:

i had the opportunity to see one fieseler at an airshow, just crazy looking at hit flying along the runway, but not moving faster than myself walking down the runway on a windy day ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

Once we get EDGE and all the pretty stuff going with it, having a slow civilian aircraft would be a welcome addition. Cessna 172 brings a lot of MSFS memories with it, but the An-2 is also an excellent choice - there are quite a few of them around, so it shouldn't be too difficult to model one.

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

I second that.

The AN-2 has been so mass produced, they must be in abundance in Europe.

There is one regularly parked at Sanicole Airfield between Hechtel and Leopoldsburg here in Belgium, I see it a lot there.

RAIT 1999:

Scan_Rait099_zps0251d3a0.jpg

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Wouldn't it defeat the purpose of the name "Digital Combat Simulator"?

I have to second this ... if it were a C-130 and you are doing supply drops and what not that is one thing ... but i feel that diverting resources away from other projects could possible slow other things down that we know we want like the f-18 and other sweet sweet pieces of machinery ... but that's just me ... and still pretty new to all this.

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

while i was in the navy, we had scenarios that specifically dealt with civilian a/c (think CNN helos) - and we had to work out ID/threat matrix/ROE etc

it was good training for just how DO you communicate with silly-villians who may or may not be following protocols

civilian air traffic is a fact of life and "can" be present in real-world situations ---- i voted yes, and this is why

i based my vote on my own personal experience

having said that, i would advocate *AI* civilian air traffic

and, develop these as side projects on a not-to-interfere basis with respect to primary "core" military flight sim projects

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

while i was in the navy, we had scenarios that specifically dealt with civilian a/c (think CNN helos) - and we had to work out ID/threat matrix/ROE etc

it was good training for just how DO you communicate with silly-villians who may or may not be following protocols

civilian air traffic is a fact of life and "can" be present in real-world situations ---- i voted yes, and this is why

i based my vote on my own personal experience

having said that, i would advocate *AI* civilian air traffic

and, develop these as side projects on a not-to-interfere basis with respect to primary "core" military flight sim projects

+ 1 :thumbup:

Theres lots of fun to be had! I see the dream! :smilewink:

:megalol:

Side note.....You should share some more from personal experiences in the navy since many F-18 Carrier Ops fans here! As long as its not confidential bla bla it makes for nice Forum reading.

Found this link http://www.flybynightvideos.com/aircraftcarriers.html + http://www.asa2fly.com/Air-Carrier-Operations--P726.aspx ... sorry for O/T just want to input here. :thumbup:

Cheers,

:beer:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

+ 1 :thumbup:

Theres lots of fun to be had! I see the dream! :smilewink:

:megalol:

Side note.....You should share some more from personal experiences in the navy since many F-18 Carrier Ops fans here! As long as its not confidential bla bla it makes for nice Forum reading.

Found this link http://www.flybynightvideos.com/aircraftcarriers.html + http://www.asa2fly.com/Air-Carrier-Operations--P726.aspx ... sorry for O/T just want to input here. :thumbup:

Cheers,

:beer:

I almost pissed myself in the first 10 seconds.

• 4 months later...