Ed June 2013 newsletter

Not sure if anyone started a thread. Just got the email.

DCS Summer Sale

Starting the 20th of June, we will offer massive 60% off sale of DCS products. The exception will be Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 having a 40% off sale. The sale will last until the 30th of June:

DCS: UH-1H Huey - $19.99

DCS: Combined Arms – $11.99

DCS: P-51D Mustang – $15.99

DCS: Black Shark 2 - $15.99

DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade – $11.99

DCS: A-10C Warthog – $15.99

DCS: A-10C Warthog 1.1.0.7 (English DVD box) – $15.99

DCS: Black Shark (DVD box) – $15.99

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 – $29.99

DCS: Black Shark – $7.99

DCS Version 1.2.5 Coming Soon

After the release of DCS version 1.2.4, we released multiple updates using our automatic updater. We are now moving forward on the next major update, version 1.2.5. Our primary focus will be on improving game performance, addressing game play issues, and setting the stage for further modules. Key features planned for version 1.2.5 include:

DCS World

Further improvements to game stability.

Corrected module installation issues.

Resource manager: Corrected logistic links.

Resource manager: The value, speed and periodically have been adjusted. Default supply speed is now 60 rm/h.

Anti-radiation missiles: Added proximity fuses and adjusted accuracy.

Visual detection of a target for AI units will now also be a function of time. The time of detection depends on target distance, aspect angle, and the presence of already detected targets nearby.

When a target is no longer visible, the AI aircraft will use the target’s last known position and velocity to search for it.

Added "STOP TRANSMISSION" trigger action.

AI behavior option "DISPERCE UNDER FIRE" now has new parameter - dispersion delay.

Added new AI behavior option - "RTB ON OUT OF AMMO".

Added more tooltips to the Mission Editor.

Message filter for Lock On aircraft: RShift+\.

Added several new constants (AI) and functions (trigger, Controller) in Simulator Scripting Engine (SSE).

Detection of radars by RWR have been reworked to make player and AI systems equal.

The parking spaces for Anapa and Krymsk airbases have been corrected.

Su-25T: The gun funnel has been adjusted.

Added new Su-27 skins.

The several air to air missile factors have been adjusted.

Updated airbase charts by http://www.10thGunfighters.de and http://www.ariescon.com

Fixed input deadlock.

M256 HEAT ballistics corrected.

Improved fire and smoke of aircraft fragments.

Improved material of flares.

Adjusted logbook data accounting. A specially of complex cases with multiple changes of aircrafts in one sortie.

Mission Editor: Added briefing picture dialog. If file contain inappropriate symbols in the name, GUI Error appears.

The broken input after exporting to HTML is fixed.

DCS: UH-1H Huey

Tuned the "mast bumping" effect. The rotor is now very hard to break off while on the ground.

The UH-1H manuals and readme have been updated.

Fixed UH-1H training files.

Sound samples path has been updated.

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Su-25: Bombs falling short when using CCRP has been fixed.

Su-25: Turning ON the laser rangefinder no longer causes the targeting cross to jump outside the gunsight.

F-15: Crash or freeze in the F-15C when on the ramp when changing HUD Modes are fixed.

F-15: Negative airspeed values should are now correctly displayed on the HUD airspeed tape.

The FC3 installation check has been fixed.

“Betty” voice warnings now use native language.

The cockpit view system has been adjusted. Looking behind the aircraft will no longer look at an impossible angle.

DCS: Black Shark 2

Ka-50 EKRAN refactoring.

DCS: Combined Arms

Adjusted the machine gun sights for several vehicles.

Updated and New Units

As we improve DCS World, we are giving a face lift to many older objects and adding a few new ones. Current object work includes improved models for several Russian air-to-air missiles, Tu-22M3 and a new MQ-9 "Reaper" UCAV unit.

DCS: Mi-8MTV2

As Belsimtek works on the final release of DCS: UH-1H Huey, they are already hard at work on their next DCS module: the work horse Mi-8MTV2. This will be modeled to the same level of detail as the UH-1H, meaning, you will not find a more accurate and detailed simulation of this helicopter.

Improving the DCS GUI

In parallel with improving the simulation aspects of DCS, we are also updating some of the GUI to make it much more intuitive to select missions, campaigns and training missions. All of these screens will use a new, common interface.

The Next Eagle Dynamics DCS Modules

Later this year, we will offer:

A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs

F-15C: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-27: DCS Flaming Cliffs

This modules will feature:

1- Detailed 3D model (high polygon / high res textures)

2- 6 DOF cockpit

3- AFM

4- Lock On level cockpit systems

$19.99 USD at release

Click here to unsubscribe from the maillist

null_zps39eb521d.jpg

null_zpsfd8c628b.jpg

null_zps3599db25.jpg

null_zps27145a80.jpg

null_zpscc99bcc1.jpg

Edited by smnwrx

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the standalone FC3 modules with AFM are at a higher price than I would pay, as I already have FC3, so I'll probably wait until they're cheaper or until they release them at DCS level rather than FC level.

I'm not raging against ED for this, it's just a function of consumerism. They set a price higher than I wish to consume based on what I already have.

Edit: 1.2.5 sounds good. As always, I'll be hoping for the CBU 87 to be useable again.

Oh wow. I am quite dissapointed about the FC modules. I'm kind of quitting Flaming Cliffs now, and am not planning on buying any extra modules related to FC. I was actually looking forward on seeing high fidelity/DCS Standard (isn't there a reason for calling it Standard? ) aircraft.

I have to be honest, this is a letdown for me. I expected something better from DCS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh wow. I am quite dissapointed about the FC modules. I'm kind of quitting Flaming Cliffs now, and am not planning on buying any extra modules related to FC. I was actually looking forward on seeing high fidelity/DCS Standard (isn't there a reason for calling it Standard? ) aircraft.

I have to be honest, this is a letdown for me. I expected something better from DCS

Me too.. I was hoping in something at level of the A10C .. we may hope in the third party eventually. :(

Me too.. I was hoping in something at level of the A10C .. we may hope in the third party eventually. :(

I do remember that most 3rd part developers said they were contracted to develop aircraft at the DCS Standard. This means that I can only look forward to the F/A-18E from Coretex Designs and the F-15E by either RAZBAM or Iris. I actually really wanted to see a the F/A-18C from ED, but I guess this will be during my exam year, thus, I won't have any time to actually enjoy this aircraft. :(

I did promise myself to complete my collection during this sale, so I just bought the UH-1H and Combined Arms. Please ED, no more Flaming Cliffs!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The single FC modules is good idea IMHO.

They never said they will will be DCS Standerd only FC Standerd.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

The single FC modules is good idea IMHO.

They never said they will will be DCS Standerd only FC Standerd.

How is that a good idea? Everyone clearly wants the high fidelity DCS Standard aircraft. They said they would be making mid-fidelity aircraft, not "FC Standard". But when they initially told us there was a DCS F-15C and a F/A-18C module coming, you would kind of assume they were refering to DCS Standard aircraft, which is high fidelity, not Flaming Cliffs standard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What´s the point of sale Su-25A and A-10A as standalone modules with the same features that, we, owners of FC3, already have?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

What´s the point of sale Su-25A and A-10A as standalone modules with the same features that, we, owners of FC3, already have?

To cater for those individuals who do not have FC3.

To quote:

We also want to release these aircraft in such a manner to allow users that are not interested in Flaming Cliffs 3, or do not have a Lock On installation, to still have these aircraft in their DCS World stable of aircraft, but at a greatly reduced price.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Thanks Viper, i forget i have readed time ago.

It´s good to catch some new customers into DCS World with this movement. Specially not FC3 owners, ( running out from Ubisoft is also a good movement)

To early to ask for FC3 owners? Whats ED opinion about us? Maybe less than 10 dollars? ( AFM worth the investiment prior to later development of DCS: Su27 and DCS: F-15 at higher levels)

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I approve of this update! A $10 upgrade to the AFM if you already own FC3 would be nice, but I'm not "demanding" anything.

Can't wait for 1.2.5 anyway! ^^

Edit: I also think that the individual FC3 modules are a great idea. It has potential to bring more people into DCS, and of course, more money into ED :)

Edited by EchoMasterMind

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Additionally, this will later allow us to make these aircraft available on Steam, Origin, Gamefly and other digital retail channels.

Whilst this may not benefit me directly, it should hopefully grant the series greater exposure, which could allow for others who may not be aware of DCS: World to expand our community.

Whilst this may not benefit me directly, it should hopefully grant the series greater exposure, which could allow for others who may not be aware of DCS: World to expand our community.

hey rusty if you get a 680 GTX with the 4gb of ram those CBU87s will not hurt you.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Additionally, this will later allow us to make these aircraft available on Steam, Origin, Gamefly and other digital retail channels.

wow very nice!:thumbup:

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

FC3 AFM's... Day one purchase for me. Props to ED for listening to the customers and upping the realism factor.

Excellent work.

EDIT: Oh snap! I assumed the $20 price would be for all the AFM upgrades to FC3 aircraft... Not for EACH ONE!

This is crazy money on top of the $50+ dollars I have already forked out for Lockon + FC3.

The A-10A was announced as including a FREE AFM when I purchased the beta.

Now it's an EXTRA $20?!

PLEASE CLARIFY THIS WAGS!

Edited by howie87