Ed June 2013 newsletter

I'm imagining Wags smacking SiThSpAwN on the back of the head the way Gibbs smacks Di-Nozo - although I don't know what they look like.

bibsheadslap-1-1.jpg

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^^^^

Not quite.....

Having stumbled on the punishment in question, it was a little more akin to the following:

fish+slap.jpg

A lot more bits though........:helpsmilie:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• ED Team

Its ok, I know I deserve it and accept all I get :) I do feel bad about it...

Consider it a right of passage, we've all said something on the forum as Testers, that has comeback to bite us, and trust me, the forum NEVER forgets.

Nate

• Like 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

okay... so when do they release you all from standing, face in, from your respective corners? :thumbup:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

okay... so when do they release you all from standing, face in, from your respective corners? :thumbup:

Not quite yet, the salmon needs to ripen in the sun a bit. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

* Update - 22 June 2013

We have completed our internal discussion of the availability of the "upgraded" Flaming Cliffs aircraft and we have decided to make them available for free to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers. We believe that this will add a very high level of new content to the FC3, it will avoid duplicate aircraft types, and we hope it will broaden the appeal of FC3 to an even larger audience.

Did I mention that FC3 is currently on sale? smile.gif *

So first it was, but then it was't because someone was talking above his level and now it is (again). Somewhat confusing isn't ?

That customers didn't get swift and right information right of the bat.

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. There, i made it right. ;)

Come let's eat grandpa!

Doesn't make it right, simply points the problem. Nothing announced can be relied upon. Which is not a great situation.

The alternative is we go back to pre 2013 situation of "you don't get any news out of ED until it is chiseled in granite", which, i can remember very well, many users were pretty unhappy about. Take your pick guys, but stick with it for a change.

Come let's eat grandpa!

This is a large and wide community, with many different views and opinions, you can't expect it to act as a single entity.

Personally I think weekly news announcements and the like are counter productive, but i'm sure i'm in the minority, I'd prefer news to be announced when it is fact and not subject to change. Obviously there are unforeseen happenings and common sense is needed, but that bloody line, 'everything is subject to change' should be put to bed IMO. It undermines every bit of news.

unique-1.jpg

• Like 1

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Doesn't make it right, simply points the problem. Nothing announced can be relied upon. Which is not a great situation.

I don't get it...

When before June 22nd did ED announce that new AFMs for SU27 and F15C would be given to the FC3 customers for free, and later changed that announcement?

That's right, they didn't announce that at all. They only announced that AFMs were planned and would be released in separate modules, and that decision was not yet made concerning FC3 owners.

So, nothing has really CHANGED, they only clarified it according to their plans and according to the roar of the community.

Looks like some people are still not satisfied?

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

the truth is... there is no spoon........................

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Things change during development. It's unfortunate that people don't get this, and that's why everything is subject to change.

Correct you don't get it. I was not referring to AFM & FC3 in particular. I was referring to the fact that nothing announced can actually ever be relied upon until it happens, due to the 'everything is subject to change' line that the developers, mods, testers & the like use regularly. Its not a particularity helpful way of giving us information. I get why it's used, doesn't mean I like it, it does mean i don't trust anything wags says, and that is unfortunate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Plans change and that's ok. It's nothing personal. Of coarse when things that I am into are announced I'm excited and if those don't come to fruition I'm disappointed. I think it will help to not get so involved that you feel duped. I like reading about what's planned but if for whatever reason those plans change its not like I lost anything. (Unless I was building a pit or something) haha

Correct you don't get it. I was not referring to AFM & FC3 in particular. I was referring to the fact that nothing announced can actually ever be relied upon until it happens, due to the 'everything is subject to change' line that the developers, mods, testers & the like use regularly.

And that is exactly the point, where you are so wrong and unjustified mad at the wrong persons: because nothing in our whole existence can ever be relied upon until it already happened.

That has nothing to do with some peoples signatures or posts.

It's a fact of our linear existence, that prohibits us to see exactly when things will happen and how.

Edited by Feuerfalke

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

So what is it you actually propose we should do different? Because to be quite honest, it is not only Feuerfalke that doesn't get you.

Come let's eat grandpa!

So many people shouting "TAKE MY MONEY!!!" before the Huey release... and now, when their money is taken... doh... :doh:

I, for one, now feel sorry that I didn't buy it when it was 50$ cause I could have had all this fun a little earlier... dammit... :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Well frankly I feel more than a bit jipped by the Huey being $19.99 when I paid full price for the frickin Beta.

Won't be making that mistake again with any modules from now on!

I will be making that mistake again and again; actually I shouldn’t call it a mistake, rather a great opportunity. ;)