Ed June 2013 newsletter

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Wags please confirm that the seperate modules will be the same as for the people that already have FC3 i mean AFM etc..

Cause i bought FC3 and i dont really understand the seperate modules for such a high price if you get FC3 and Lockon its cheaper i think.

g8PjVMw.png

I don't think FC3 owners will get AFM updates. I think at some point it was announced that the AFM will be released for the A-10A (like a tuned up version of the A-10C one), but I guess they decided to release it all separately (and not for free :)). Hopefully there'll be some other features planned in future for the separate modules, but it'll have to wait for some more detailed announcement regarding these modules..

I don't get why the MiG-29 and Su-33 are not getting any attention here.. I hope it's because some 3rd party is making a separate module for the 29.. Su-33 is more puzzling as it's not THAT different from the Su-27 to be too much work. Maybe they are saving it for a later carrier ops package (like some features developed for the later F/A-18C).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Think about it. It would not make any sense otherwise. It would not make any sense that one F-15 is flying with an SFM and another with AFM. Also, they will probably add new features to each aircraft, and having two different products with two different sets of features for each aircraft means a lot of maintenance for ED.

I bet they will break the logic up so as each aircraft gets its own module anyway and then update FC3 so that it simply bundles all modules. Then develop each module seperately. And yes, that means AFM for FC3.

Edited by LostOblivion

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

;1791998']To get rid of "frame drops happening at all unfortunate moments" get SSD!

+1

Cluster bombs still ruin my frames though.

Go to ..\DCS World\Config\graphics.lua

Open with WordPad.

Change maxfps = 120; to your average fps: 30,40,60..

Also do set V-Sync ON.

Now all should be much smoother and less gfx stuttering. :)

My first computer and my ED collection:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I won FC1 in the original Lock On Tournament in 2005:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=8805

Still dont understand it..what could i do with no clikable cockpit only for 20 usd?

For one, the pleasure of not having to install LOMAC first, no doubt as a result of NUMEROUS community complaints and requests.

Community Complains - ED listens - ED provides solution - Community Complains

A vicious circle :D

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

For one, the pleasure of not having to install LOMAC first,...

+1 ;)

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Open with WordPad.

Do NOT use WordPad, it is a ... it is bad. Saving lua files with WordPad can and has in the past led to corrupted files. Use a good editor like Notepad++, which is lightweight and also has the advantage of code highlighting among a myriad of other useful features.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

No fix for Sidewinder users????

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

No fix for Sidewinder users????

Not specifically mentioned but should make next update.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Any update on the F-15C landing bug, or will we need to wait for the module for this to be corrected?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Not specifically mentioned but should make next update.

Hoo thanks GOD!!! I'm tired of playing Strike Fighters series.:noexpression:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

To cater for those individuals who do not have FC3.

Thank you for that.I was asking myself "why should i buy FC level aircraft if i have them already".. :)Now i get it.

Operation Kill-Lockon 1.0.. Very wise.. Thank you ED.:thumbup:

Not. :smilewink:

CAUTION AN OPINION HAS BEEN DISPLAYED!!

Not for most people.

In fact right now you can buy 3 full DCS quality modules for less.

I really hope this is a free update for FC3 owners like the testers are saying but I'd be happy to pay $20 for all the advanced flight models bundled together and for ED's hard work.

Just not worth $20 each to me.

Value will always be subjective. If I consider the number of 'flight hours' I have in DCS as compared to any other game/pastime then it becomes tremendous value. Especially when compared to the cost of entry (PC hardware/joystick/TrackIr etc etc)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

An AFM is worth 20$ per aircraft....
Hmmm. If I didn't already own FC3, I would say sure. But I wouldn't pay $20 for a slightly better version (subject to argument) of what I already own. If they were full fidelity, that's a different story and I'd probably pay more than $20.

Kon.