I need a direct link to the publisher licence terms of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2.

Why? Because YouTube refuses to let me use adsense on one of my videos (despite it being just fine on every other video on the internet with Lock On) and now I need to prove that Eagle Dynamics authorizes commercial footage of their videos.

I'm pretty sure there was a law a while back where this was supposed to be legal, and it was shot down in legislation, but apparently that changed. I bought the game, do I not own the content of the video? Am I just borrowing it? Somehow, I'm pretty sure Eagle Dynamics isn't that stupid to do that to its self and its users to deny them the ability to publish videos and provide free advertizing for their game.

Edited by Spades_Neil

• 1 month later...
Please have a look here, this is the statement you may need:

Sticky: YouTube Adverts and DCS Videos

Thank you. I could not for the life of me find this post. I guess I just wasn't looking in the right parts of the forum.

I advise adding the keywords 'Adsense' and 'monetization' to that post so other users can find it easier with the search function.

Please copy me into your communcation with Youtube.

I will see what I can do.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Please copy me into your communcation with Youtube.

I will see what I can do.

Unless you're part of the Eagle Dynamics team and have their email, it won't help.

support@support.youtube.com

Jun 20

to me

Hi Jeremy,

You have indicated that your video contains video game footage. Please provide the following information so we may examine your claim:

Name of the video-game:

Name of the video-game publisher:

Direct link to the publisher licence terms, permitting commercial use of game footage:

For additional information on enabling monetisation on video-game content, please visit our Help Center article at http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=138161

Thank you for your cooperation!

Sincerely,

The YouTube Team

On 06/19/13 17:42:09 jeremy.spades.neil@gmail.com wrote:

I don't get what is so difficult about this. Yes, I have all the rights to

the video. There's no music, the company that owns the game (Eagle

Dynamics) has no restrictions on videos published showcasing their games

being used for commercial use like this, there's no copywritten images, absolutely

nothing.

AutoDetectedBrowser: Firefox 2

AutoDetectedOS: Windows 7

IIILanguage: en

IssueType: revenue_share

Language: en

username: SpadesNeil

video_id:

your_name: Jeremy Neil

YouTube - Videos from this email

Spades Neil <jeremy.spades.neil@gmail.com>

Jul 29 (2 days ago)

to support

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=85774

Took me FOREVER, but I finally found the information I require. NOW can I have monetization on my videos again?

Jul 30 (1 day ago)

to me

Hi,

We haven't been able to confirm that you have the necessary rights to commercially use all the video material and music from the information you've given us, so we ask that you provide written documentation substantiating your claim.

YouTube is not in a position to offer legal advice or to counsel you in any way. However, we have listed some elements below which we have seen in contracts to give you a sense of the types of documents we receive.

-explicit permission to use the rights holder’s content commercially (example: “I, rights holder’s name, give your name or channel’s name, the right to use my original content commercially.”)

-electronic signature with date (this can be as simple as the rights holder writing out full name at the bottom of the document)

Please be sure to pay attention to any limitations and/or conditions specified by the rights holder concerning your use of the content.

Once you have the appropriate contract, you can email it to us as an attachment. Please make sure to provide documentation in an acceptable format such as a pdf or image file.

If you would like to monetize videos that contain third-party content that you have permission to use commercially, please refer to our Monetization FAQs at http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=2490020.

Sincerely,

The YouTube Team

10:02 PM (21 hours ago)

to support

Okay, the video in question has no music, for one. Second, you'll see in the link I just gave you from Eagle Dynamic's forums is a producer from Eagle Dynamics declaring that they, Eagle Dynamics, authorize their customers to do this with their Digital Combat Series, which Lock On is part of.

"Dear all,

Despite our DCS EULA prohibiting the generation of revenue based on Eagle Dynamics products without permission (such as YouTube advertisement profit sharing), we have decided to make an exception and allow users to take advantage of advertisement revenue based on DCS videos.

Thanks"

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=85774

Here's the link, yet again.

12:19 PM (7 hours ago)

to me

Hi,

Your original query has been dealt with by the Partner Support team. Please refer back to our previous emails, and carefully follow the instructions provided.

For additional information on enabling monetization on video-game content, please visit our Help Center article at http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=138161

4:34 PM (2 hours ago)

to support

Name of the video-game: Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2

Name of the video-game publisher: Eagle Dynamics

Direct link to the publisher licence terms, permitting commercial use of game footage: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=85774

It's not rocket science. Here's a producer, on the website's forums, saying yes I can monetize in-game footage of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2, which is part of the DCS series. Is this seriously not good enough for you? Tell me straight up, yes or no, because this is the link I was given when I emailed Eagle Dynamics customer support asking for them to say that monetization on YouTube is fine. They told me to give YouTube this link to their forum. Is or is this not good enough?

4:42 PM (2 hours ago)

to me

Hi,

We need written permission from the publisher as explained in detail in previous emails or

Direct link to the publisher license terms, permitting commercial use of game footage.

It pisses me off how they've singled out one video out of all my videos and this video doesn't have any music or anything.

Yes and yes. :)

PM me and I will give you my mailinig adress. I'll see wht I can do from there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Somehow i see this going to a point where you need written permission from UBISOFT..........

Please lets hope i'm wrong.

Only relevant for Lock On itself.

For DCS Products, including Flaming Cliffs 3, no.

Basically, up until this point, we would have thought that the clarification by Matt on the matter would have been sufficient. Apparently it was not. So we'll look into it.

Edited by EtherealN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I had the same problem but with a video from Arma 3, but bohemia has a document that you must fill with your info. and when youtube ask for the permission... you just get the document and [edit].

:D

maybe we could have some written permission just like the one from bohemia to avoid these issues in the future

Edited by sobek

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]