Huey movies

IonicRipper

I thought it might be interesting to start a Huey movie thread. Post your favorite movies with Huey scenes.

I'll start: I recently saw We Were Soldiers with Mel Gibson. The movie is set around the battle for LZ X-Ray so it wasn't lacking in Huey scenes.

Some of them, however, warn't terribly realistic (although watching the pilot use the Force Trim button to fire the guns was quite funny.)

And Mel Gibson is great as usual.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In Apocalypse Now, the scenes with Killgore were loaded with Hueys, obviously. They're AIR CAV!

Probably my favorite part of the movie was the scenes with Killgore.

This post is protected by a pilot who has a serious lack of negotiating skills, but is absolute hell in a dogfight. If you do not belong here, please leave.

You have now been properly negotiated with.

MiG-29S Instant Action Mission Fix

Come check out and add to my list of all landmarks in DCS World!

^that works now

In Apocalypse Now, the scenes with Killgore were loaded with Hueys, obviously. They're AIR CAV!

Probably my favorite part of the movie was the scenes with Killgore.

"you smell that? thats Napalm!"

:D

In Air America, love all the Huey scenes with Mel Gibson

By the way, if one of you wants to mount that stick on your Warthog, here is the very rare part, the cyclic grip that Robert Downey Jr ( now Iron Man ;-( ... ) and Gibson held during the movie

>>> http://www.icollector.com/Mel-Gibson-and-Robert-Downey-Jr-Huey-helicopter-Cyclic-control-stick-from-Air-America_i8632712

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Virtually any Vietnam film will feature a Huey somewhere.

After rewatching Full Metal Jacket a few weeks ago I was very suprised to see that it features no Hueys. :(

BTT: Forrest Gump features a few Hueys during the Vietnam scenes. Hamburger Hill and Born on the fourth of July (Tom Cruises mustache is great in that one) have some too IIRC.

DCS Wishlist: Ka 26

Yeah ! H-34 Choctow in FMJ ... But it was " urban " fights

Hueys in some Magnum PI episodes, where there are flashbacks when Terry still was pilot in Vietnam, as well as OH-58A

Yes, Tour Of Duty obviously ! But mainly UH-1C I believe, don't have any memories of seeing slicks or so. Mc Kay was a nice guy I think ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)