Huey Helios Profile

LiveBait

(see post 11 for version2, cold-start profile only)

Here is my Helios profile for the Huey

Included are two profiles, a cold-start and a hot-start. You dont need them both, but i find it more convenient.

9100888366_3b835f2daf_b.jpg

You will need to move your Knee-board to the right side of your Helios monitor (see thumbnail), however PeterP's Knee-board mod should be able to do this without any probs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107586

or if you dont want this feature, ask here and I'll show you how to keep the panels visible when you hit the Knee-board button if you dont already know how to.

A comms panel is included for quick and easy issuing of commands to your flight and or wingmen.

An NDBs list is also included and was taken directly from the M.E. Not all have been tested. (except one taken from the list posted by Wess24m)

Almost forgot, the frequency windows are placeholders and do not show any content.

Instructions included.

Any problems please post here.

Feedback/suggestions welcome.

216864406_helios3.thumb.jpg.0a1ef385d8d318136ddd35f9ad4c878d.jpg

9098654507_a6463ee85e_k.thumb.jpg.6b8ffa72fdc19e2187e9db6123614fb1.jpg

LiveBaits Helios.rar

Edited by LiveBait

Thankyou for this, it looks stunning.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Its only useful in the campaign missions at the moment, because i dont think that there's any other missions out there that utilize wingmen, that i'm aware of anyway. I made something similar for the A-10 ages ago, and i found that very handy when time stressed.

• 2 months later...

That looks cool Live I will get you to talk me through it on TS

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

• 3 months later...

download problems

Hi Livebait

thanks for posting your profile.

I must be doing something wrong,as I just get a corrupt file message when i download it.

i use getright and have tried jzip and winRAR to look at the file but no joy.

I would be grateful for any suggestions about how to get this file.

Looks very nice. Looking forward to trying it out.

:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I see that 1.2.7 will implement the countermeasures panel and a few other changes. So you guys may want to wait until its out and I'll update this profile again so its fully functional. I'll also include a cold and hot start profile that i didnt have time to include in V2

Edited by LiveBait

Question on Helios...

What is the trouble getting a huey gauges profile? (no interface? gauge files? etc.)

I'm confused as to what is the issue, is it because its NOT an ED module? And if thats the case what is different about BST modules vs ED's?

Speaking with BST they seem to want to help us, but don't really know what information we need from them to get it done.

• 4 months later...

I believe it just uses Hot Keys so no need to add interface. Gauges do not work like radios or Emergency lights. But I believe that is something that was not developed for this anyhoo - just spaces for them.

So just start it up and run DCS and it should work fine. In my experience.

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

• 9 months later...

Thanks a lot for this LiveBait.

One thing I've found now with two different profiles, including yours, is that switching the AC power to AC PHASE causes a session restart. Does that happen to anyone else?

Cheers

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

• 1 month later...

I have been trying to figure out how to do this for awhile, but I cant? How do you add"Set' options in the Bindings/Actions/Outputs in the monitor section? I see this profile has some nice features that I want to add to another existing profile I use, but in that profile, all I have the luxury of doing is editing the keyboard layout for Press,Push and release,, I want to add a "set" option, but there is no way to drag it over because it does not exist in that profile?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

ok, forget the above,,, next problem, when I use this profile, the caution light for example wont change color because the .png file it is looking for does not exist in my Helios Images directory:

{Helios}/Images/Indicators/caution-indicator-on.png

I dont have a "Indicators" sub directory,,, does anyone know where I can get it or has a zip they can attach? Thanks,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

HELP,, I know someone out there has this folder for Helios for this profile,,, Please attach,, I'm begging here LOL,,,

{Helios}/Images/Indicators

Now that is interesting! He must have them from something else,,

So your Master Caution light must not change colors either on your Helios screen