The June 21st DCS News Update Discussion Thread

Not the same AFM per se - they both have individual flight models and fly very differently
For the AFM of the Su-25A and Su-25T, there are separate .DLL's (named Legacy_AFM_Su25.dll and Legacy_AFM_Su39.dll in DCS), in addition to Legacy_AFM_Base.dll.

Presumably both are the same FM, but with different coefficients. (same file size, different hash)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just still wondering what happen to the small June 7th update we were supposed to get?

Like fix my A10A Ripple switch so I know what I've selected, as far as sngl\pairs, single.?

If that's not going to happen please say so.. I understand the department is over loaded, with bug fix's, but this one so very annoying when I have to

Play with unlimited ammo so I can get the deployment drops right by blind guessing the release switch mode I'm in.

[" http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1780639&postcount=1

6 June 2013 - DCS News Update

Because I will be out of town tomorrow, I decided to post this week's DCS News Update a day early.

As last week, most of our work is focused on cleaning up 1.2.4 with a focus on the most important game play issues, as we determine by reading the problems and bugs sub-forums. We hope that on 7 June that we will release yet another small update to 1.2.4.

Today though I can share some early work-in-progress images of a new unit for DCS World... the MQ-9 Reaper.

Best wishes, " ]

Matt

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I Like HungaroJET's Vapor better:

(Link

dont you think HJ is working for ED ? :D

i think on Wags' screenshot the hog got too curved/whirled wingtip vapor

looks IRL behind wingtips of hog only 10 feet of vapor is curved others back already smoothed - almost like this one

7feFmoO.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=83917&d=1371833642

0368585.jpg

0625282.jpg

0664981.jpg

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Thanks Wags. Good information...:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I am kinda confused (and forgive me for this), what exactly is the deal with the "IG", I mean, I know about EDGE but is IG the same thing? If that is the case, it was my understanding that we were still pretty far off from getting it.

The only reason I ask is because the framerate issue with the deployment of specific weapons (anything from CBU's to rockets and gunpods) brings the sim's framerate to it's knee's and this makes some missions difficult to make because you need to remove content at the cost of realism for the sake of framerate.

I mean, I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy but this is a problem that has been around awhile, I hope we won't have to wait much longer for it to finally be addressed.

We are now in the process of adjusting the effects to work in the new Image Generator (IG) that we believe will alleviate this issue.

If I understand some posts by testers in the last days/ weeks correct, the new IG = EDGE. Does that mean, that EDGE will be integrated now step by step?

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I understand some posts by testers in the last days/ weeks correct, the new IG = EDGE. Does that mean, that EDGE will be integrated now step by step?

regards,

Fire

No It means they are already working on getting everything into edge.

Base Engine,

Models,

Animations,

Shaders

Effects,

etc

etc

etc

You dont just code the engine and drop everything into it at once.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The DCS: Weekly newsreel does so much good for the community. Best thing since sliced bread!

Though i own the original Lomac, i have no interest in the full FC3 package. So I am very much looking forward to being able to purchase the Su-25 seperately in due time.

Thanks again ED, Wags.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]