The June 21st DCS News Update Discussion Thread

Thanks for the constant updates Matt and ED.

Everyone should have a Wags in their house. ED should start selling Matt Wagner dolls where you pull the string and he gives you a cheerie update to get you through the day. I'd buy one.

Scary.......:lookaround::lookaround:

On the Other Hand, Wags Merch..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I land it every time without collapsing the gear. That's not to say that fixes don't need to happen - they do.

So, I'm not saying that you suck at landing, just that ... uhhh, you know :D

I was waiting for someone to say "Cuz flanker pilots always shoot you down, so you dont have to land", lol

It's to the point now, instead of Re-Arm Re-Fuel online, I just ditch it and re-spawn.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Matt,

Thanks for the substantial update this week.

I am still not clear on the difference between the DCS Flaming Cliffs (DCS FC) modules that are planned and the current aircraft in Flaming Cliffs 3. You mentioned in this weeks update that the FC3 A-10A will be upgraded to the AFM in release 1.2.5. How does the FC3 A-10A v. 1.2.5 compare with the planned DCS FC A-10A module?

Matt,

I am still not clear on the difference between the DCS Flaming Cliffs (DCS FC) modules that are planned and the current aircraft in Flaming Cliffs 3. You mentioned in this weeks update that the FC3 A-10A will be upgraded to the AFM in release 1.2.5. How does the FC3 A-10A v. 1.2.5 compare with the planned DCS FC A-10A module?

You won't need LOMAC to install the modules.

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• ED Team
Matt,

There will be zero difference between the FC3 A-10A and the A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs.

I land it every time without collapsing the gear. That's not to say that fixes don't need to happen - they do.

I can land it fine, gently with no gas.., then it will just roll right into the ground,, like there's no collision detection for the gear and struts, as soon as the airframe hits the deck it does the scraping noise.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

That seems to be triggerred by either descent rate, AoA, or a combination of both. I used to think that if you make the slightest bounce, the gear will go through the ground. I land it the same way every time, and I've not had a gear collapse since.

Again, that said, it's still a bug that needs fixing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

no biggie I just stick with the A-10C or P-51D for a bit.

I wonder what version of the Charlie Hornet they will do. Hopefully one of the newer ones with the newer Avionics suite and EPE's

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

Sigh...

It's a bummer that the AFMs and such will not be offered for Free to those that already purchased FC3. I for one have purchased about every edition of Flanker 1 through LOMAC including FC 1 FC2 and now FC3. I've also purchased BS 1 and 2 and DCS A10C. Can the DCS folks show a little love to the ones that have literally purchased their products several times?

Scendore out

I agree with this. I can land it just fine, I've only had the gear collapse on me once during an admittedly hard landing. :pilotfly:

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

Sigh...

It's a bummer that the AFMs and such will not be offered for Free to those that already purchased FC3. I for one have purchased about every edition of Flanker 1 through LOMAC including FC 1 FC2 and now FC3. I've also purchased BS 1 and 2 and DCS A10C. Can the DCS folks show a little love to the ones that have literally purchased their products several times?

Scendore out

It would be nice but as a business standpoint it won't be financially doable.

EDIT:

If it was, say, $10 for those that have FC3 then yes they won't be losing that much but for free...

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Sigh...

Scendore out

I think you need to read Wags last post very carefully and reread the update.

FC3 and the DCS Flaming Cliffs aircraft will be identical. How do you come to think that your missing out on something? You own Flaming Cliffs already right? Next update the A10A gets the AFM as part of 1.2.5 for FC3!

Hawk_5

Modules:

A10C, BS2, FC3, P51, CA, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2

System:

Gigabyte GA-X79UP4 MB, intel 3930k, Coolermaster Siedon 120M liquid cooled, Corsair Vengence Red 16GB 2133Mhz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX680 2GB Super o'clk, intel 520 SSD 240GB,

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD, Coolermaster Silent Pro 800W PS, Coolermaster CM690 II Case

So so looking forward to the Su-27 AFM, such a milestone IMO.

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

I think you need to read Wags last post very carefully and reread the update.

FC3 and the DCS Flaming Cliffs aircraft will be identical. How do you come to think that your missing out on something? ...

Sorry, but that seems not quite correct:

We have not yet come to a decision regarding the availability of the new advanced flight models to the FC3 aircraft.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

So the Migs and the Cy-33 is being left out once again...

Other FC3 aircraft will be improved as well (like the Su-27, Su-25, F-15C and A-10A). When they are further along, we will discuss them.

Wags should have added "just" to "like the SU-27..." to make it a bit more clearer, but you have your update on the MiGs and 33.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Just pointing out what was brought to my Attention:

FC3 Owners:

A-10A Gets AFM in 1.2.5

SU-25 Uses Same AFM as SU-25T.

So you'd only need F-15 AFM or SU-27 AFM.

Lil peeve/constructive criticism, how's F-15 landing not a Priority?

+1

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

Not the same AFM per se - they both have individual flight models and fly very differently, once you know the aircraft well.

Nate

Ya. The Su-25T is a bit more of a slug in the air because of the added weight of the electronics and stuff.

Not the same AFM per se - they both have individual flight models and fly very differently
For the AFM of the Su-25A and Su-25T, there are separate .DLL's (named Legacy_AFM_Su25.dll and Legacy_AFM_Su39.dll in DCS), in addition to Legacy_AFM_Base.dll.

Presumably both are the same FM, but with different coefficients. (same file size, different hash)