Added advanced Flight Model (AFM) for the A-10A.

I'm a bit confused about the latest news. How can you charge for something you have already added?

version 1.2.5. Added advanced Flight Model (AFM) for the A-10A.

Then this later in the post.

Later this year, we will offer:

A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs

F-15C: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-27: DCS Flaming Cliffs

We have not yet come to a decision regarding the availability of the new advanced flight models to the FC3 aircraft. While there is discussion of making this available as an FC3 upgrade at a lower cost than the full module, I can say with confidence that they will not be made available for free given the large time and financial investment. When a final decision is made we will make an announcement.

Edited by Dudester22

I'm a bit confused about the latest news. How can you charge for something you have already added?

version 1.2.5. Added advanced Flight Model (AFM) for the A-10A. [/u]

The Flight model itself, from both A-10A and Su-25, should not be that much work, when it's almost identical to A-10C and Su-25T.

Or does it mean you can buy those planes separate, without having FC3?

Edited by Buzpilot

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

The Flight model itself, from both A-10A and Su-25, should not be that much work, when it's almost identical to A-10C and Su-25T.

Or does it mean you can buy those planes separate, without having FC3?

in fact it is

its not a copy paste style

however the AFM for the A10-A it was planned for FC3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

yes, it a fine pickle it seems to be in, which perhaps needs official clarification rather quickly

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

ED are selling the aircraft separately for those don't have LOMAC and also so they can sell them on Steam.

If you have FC3 you won't need to purchase these aircraft separately but if you want the AFM there is likely going to be a small upgrade cost to get it.

Since FC3 is getting the A-10A AFM in 1.2.5 you DONT need to buy the A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs module at all.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

ED are selling the aircraft separately for those don't have LOMAC and also so they can sell them on Steam.

If you have FC3 you won't need to purchase these aircraft separately but if you want the AFM there is likely going to be a small upgrade cost to get it.

Since FC3 is getting the A-10A AFM in 1.2.5 you DONT need to buy the A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs module at all.

except if you don't want to have to buy LOMAC as well ;)

This is the whole point of selling separate modules of aircraft from FlamingCliffs, to get away from needing LOMAC as per-requisite, and also there are people who don't want to buy FC3 as they might want to try/fly only 1-2 aircraft withing FC3 but don't want to pay FC3 price. Separate DCS modules solve these 2 problems.

No longer active in DCS...

I feel real smart now as i've bought FC3 not long ago without knowing about these new AFM's modules comming. Obviously someone supporting the DCS series for long as i've done, dont want to sit around with the SFM's when there is comming out AFM's in modules. Also DCS World is the future. Another thing, the AFM A-10A is probably a copy paste FM from A-10C thats why its comming first. The way of the future is the AFM modules and the way i see it FC3 was a waste even if you get all the planes. Great buisness model though ED....

Edited by xracer

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stop b*tching....vote with your wallet if you are pissed. I am so glad AFM for all FC3 planes is part of the roadmap now, it was never planned before and I think the FC3 aircraft need it among beautiful flight models of the Su25, 25T and DCS modules. I bought every module at release (except p51) and have no regrets and don't mind paying 20$ each for a FM update to my FC3 aircraft (will only need to pay twice to complete the package for 4 aircraft. The future of ED is looking very promising with their strategy...finally letting go of lomac and moving on to their own simulation operating system completely. It is at this time they need our support. 20$ is dinner or one course in a decent restaurant. Its not really that much. Penny pinch with buying 69$ Call of duty...don't moan about ED's products which get such great support which is unheard of in the gaming industry.

• Like 2

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Stop b*tching....vote with your wallet if you are pissed. I am so glad AFM for all FC3 planes is part of the roadmap now, it was never planned before and I think the FC3 aircraft need it among beautiful flight models of the Su25, 25T and DCS modules. I bought every module at release (except p51) and have no regrets and don't mind paying 20$ each for a FM update to my FC3 aircraft (will only need to pay twice to complete the package for 4 aircraft. The future of ED is looking very promising with their strategy...finally letting go of lomac and moving on to their own simulation operating system completely. It is at this time they need our support. 20$ is dinner or one course in a decent restaurant. Its not really that much. Penny pinch with buying 69$ Call of duty...don't moan about ED's products which get such great support which is unheard of in the gaming industry.

I couldn't agree more. I have never regretted purchasing a product from ED, and frankly, I am very surprised to see people upset about buying FC3. I have not even touched half the planes in there, and I am delighted. $20 is not a lot of money and if it allows ED to continue to produce these products I will gladly pay it. The company has consistently made excellent products. Their support and bug fixes are tremendous. They work seemingly tirelessly to provide everyone (not just those who want nothing less than DCS:A10C complexity) with great products.

Does anyone else wonder why ED has really taken off lately? Could it be that we have partially financed them with our purchase of FC3 and CA? The more money that goes their way, the faster we will see amazing things.

Personally, I have the cash and even though I have FC3 I will be purchasing every one of the new FC products, although I am bursting with anticipation for the Hornet!! :D

As far as I am concerned, if you are unhappy about FC3 try going back to regular LockOn (TM Ubisoft, used here without their prior consent) or Falcon 4. I bet you will not be happy with them anymore.:joystick:

CPU: Intel Core i3 3240 3.4GHz LGA 1155

Operating System: Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Memory: 8 gb DDR3 1600

Video: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti(PCI-Express )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I couldn't agree more. I have never regretted purchasing a product from ED, and frankly, I am very surprised to see people upset about buying FC3. I have not even touched half the planes in there, and I am delighted. $20 is not a lot of money and if it allows ED to continue to produce these products I will gladly pay it. The company has consistently made excellent products. Their support and bug fixes are tremendous. They work seemingly tirelessly to provide everyone (not just those who want nothing less than DCS:A10C complexity) with great products.

Does anyone else wonder why ED has really taken off lately? Could it be that we have partially financed them with our purchase of FC3 and CA? The more money that goes their way, the faster we will see amazing things.

Personally, I have the cash and even though I have FC3 I will be purchasing every one of the new FC products, although I am bursting with anticipation for the Hornet!! :D

As far as I am concerned, if you are unhappy about FC3 try going back to regular LockOn (TM Ubisoft, used here without their prior consent) or Falcon 4. I bet you will not be happy with them anymore.:joystick:

They would probably be even more upset, if they (ED) started sales like SteelBeast Pro PE.

Charge for every update and upgrade. Instead of patches; ED releases as Upgrades and not patch's. How's that toots ya'll's horn. Work isn't free anymore and this SIM is far less people using it then Call Of Duty. Now back to our regular program. :thumbup:

• Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Update - 22 June 2013

We have completed our internal discussion of the availability of the "upgraded" Flaming Cliffs aircraft and we have decided to make them available for free to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers. We believe that this will add a very high level of new content to the FC3, it will avoid duplicate aircraft types, and we hope it will broaden the appeal of FC3 to an even larger audience.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1794677#post1794677

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

That was really great news! Thanks very much Wags! Will continue to buy modules and support your team cause of gestures like this!

System spec:

Intel Core i7 920@4.2Ghz (stable, 65degC fully loaded), EVGA GTX-780, Asus P6T Deluxe V2 v.5.04 BIOS, Saitek X52, 1TB/500GB WD HD for system/storage. Kingston SSD 120 GB for DCS, 250GB Samsung 840 SSD for the rest. 16GB Kingston KHX1600C9D3 Memory, 9 GB Pagefile, EK HFX-240 Watercooling, Corsair HX-1000 PSU. HAF-932 Tower, TrackIR-5, Win64Ult

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm probably alone on this, but now I'm debating what to do. I was pretty much assuming they would need to be payed for, which was fine with me. AFM for fighters is so good I want to pay for it haha.

Maybe I'll just buy UH-1 and CA instead?

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• ED Team
I'm probably alone on this, but now I'm debating what to do. I was pretty much assuming they would need to be payed for, which was fine with me. AFM for fighters is so good I want to pay for it haha.

Maybe I'll just buy UH-1 and CA instead?

If you wish to support our efforts, the purchase of such modules is certainly the best way. Thanks.

Very cool. Now when I have some pesky Su-27 that keeps shooting my A10C down, I can load up an F-15C, take him out, then go back to my regularly scheduled CAS ;)

And yes, I WILL probably have to do that. Was flying last week and had an F-15 flying in formation on my A10s wing! We were getting pegged by that "29" radar and I was using the chat to try and get the guy to go after it, but he just sat there on my wing. We both got taken out.

A better Eagle pilot wouldn't have been on his wing at all.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

If you wish to support our efforts, the purchase of such modules is certainly the best way. Thanks.

That's why I just bought the Huey, the P-51D, and Ka-050. I already bought A10C and FC3 a few weeks ago, but couldn't resist the sale even though I may never get chance to fly the helos. To much time is been spent learning the A10C which I love. Been new to flight sims I have a lot to learn but that's part of the fun for me. Will be so pleased when the new terrain is out cannot wait for that.,

I have to say I did purchase the BS2 full version on special even though I had the upgrade already. It was just too tempting.

I loaded up the module manager and it pops up with 'You have a new module available, do you want to download it?'

It's then smart enough to download the 1.6MB difference between the upgrade and the full version and done in less than 20seconds. AWESOME!

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

A better Eagle pilot wouldn't have been on his wing at all.

Exactly! There was another A10 flying with me, but we weren't on TS or anything. Not sure what he was doing. I got bleeped hard and dove for the ground. The bleeping "29" went away for a bit. I leveled out and looked over my right wing and there was the f15. I have no idea what he was thinking. Just wanted to try flying formation with an A10? Maybe he had the Iron Eagle soundtrack playing too loud and couldn't hear the RWS...

$20??

$29.99 more like

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12