JDAM through clouds

SharpeXB

GBU 38s can hit targets through cloud cover can't they?

I tried that on the Serpents Head mission but it didn't work

I sett he target as a point track then climbed above the clouds to avoid MANPADs, I even got a peek at the target through the clouds on the run in so I know I was still on. But it missed.

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Did you set your point as a SPI?

GBU-38 are satellite guided, not laser guided. You need to feed it target location before release - after that it goes to the SPI. If the target moved - it'll go to where the target was, not where it is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Maybe I was only using the point track and not a SPI

I'll have to try it again

That's a fun mission. Although why would your FAC smoke mark a terrorist leader target for a surprise GBU attack? "Hey why's there green smoke outside the window? Eh don't worry about it, must be another drill..."

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I'm wondering if when you set the target if the point you were looking at (at that distance) wasn't quite a ways behind your actual target. Especially if you picked your target from far away, THEN climbed up over the clouds... was the point generated a couple hundred feet away?

Keep in mind when you're marking a target what you're actually doing is marking a point on the ground with a coordinate that the computer references during the delivery- comparing it against your own.

You might just need to verify the location of your SPI / point track when you get closer.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Eno, if I understand you correctly, yes, this is in fact the case and is a real problem, which is why you should lase the target to get distance to target so that coordinates of the SPI are accurately calculated, if that is needed--which it is if that SPI is used to bomb the target with JDAMs, either by you or someone you shared it with.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW