Clean mirrors high resolution mod??? looking for?

What does that mod do? I'd love to have a mirror mod where the mirrors themselves are rendered but reflect nothing...saving cpu cycles. The pit just looks so much better with the mirrors.

-----------------------------

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Asrock 939 Dual SATA 2 mobo

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

What does that mod do? I'd love to have a mirror mod where the mirrors themselves are rendered but reflect nothing...saving cpu cycles. The pit just looks so much better with the mirrors.

With your system you should be able to have them on and still get good FPS.

Hmmmm mebbe, I still have my 9800Pro running....puttin' the 7800GT in tonight. :dreaming:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

I asked hundred times the same q. Never had an answer.

Seems that who made that mod is not in the modding bussiness any more, and also, that mod was based on a graphic .dll from Lomac 1.0 and does not work on newer Lomac versions, because ED has modified that .dll on every patch.

The mirrors are huge fps eaters, but I would like to have them enabled just for the "look" of the cockpit, althought dont reflect anything.

Maybe a smart modder can update that mod?

S!

IIRC still works. Just uncheck the "Install in CDDS" box in Modman. I use the clean mirrors and they work using the same principle.

I could be wrong though.

I think we are talking about different mods, Rug. There are two mirror mods. One that keeps the frame of the mirrors and removes the reflection (needs a hacked .dll) and one for (I think) cleaning the dirt from the mirrors. This last one still works. Its just a texture edit.

S!

I asked hundred times the same q. Never had an answer.

Seems that who made that mod is not in the modding bussiness any more, and also, that mod was based on a graphic .dll from Lomac 1.0 and does not work on newer Lomac versions, because ED has modified that .dll on every patch.

The mirrors are huge fps eaters, but I would like to have them enabled just for the "look" of the cockpit, althought dont reflect anything.

Maybe a smart modder can update that mod?

S!

Luke, yeah man I exchanged several emails with him back when everyone was flying V1.02. He said he was going to update his mod for the newer version but I guess he just lost interest as he said he wasn't playing Lomac anymore. :icon_conf

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Cali, just an update. With identical graphic settings I went from 25FPS (9800Pro)in the MiG-29 quickie mission (1st scene in-cockpit facing the MiG-31&MiG-27) to 78FPS (7800GT)!!! External shots of same scene are in the high 130's. Of course, this is just a quick glance at the differences but holy crap.......:icon_supe

AMD Athlon 64 3800+

1024 Corsair PC3200

XFX 7800GT

Antec True Blue 480

Samsung 940B

Track IR4

Saitek X-45 HOTAS

Win XP Pro

Cali, just an update. With identical graphic settings I went from 25FPS (9800Pro)in the MiG-29 quickie mission (1st scene in-cockpit facing the MiG-31&MiG-27) to 78FPS (7800GT)!!! External shots of same scene are in the high 130's. Of course, this is just a quick glance at the differences but holy crap.......:icon_supe

I think I would crap my pants if that happen to me :)