Flickering blue

Hey folks,

I just installed DCS world onto a slightly older machine (that I am hoping to set my son up on) and what I am seeing is that when I start the single player the main menu looks fine, but then when I go into instant action, the loading screen is flickering blue, and then when I get into the Su-25T cockpit it is also flickering blue.

The interesting part is that the single player main menu does not do this, but the multiplayer main menu also will flicker blue.

The system info is:

Intel i7 920 (not overclocked)

6 GB RAM

Asus P6T deluxe V2 motherboard

nVidia GTX 295 (running in SLI mode, not overclocked), driver 320.18

Windows 7 64-bit version SP1

Edited by Maulkin

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

I opened a ticket with ED and Daniel Agorander from their support team got back to me and he solved the problem so I thought I might post it up here in case anyone else runs into this. Despite the driver fix nVidia recently put in to solve the SLI issues, apparently the GTX 295 fell through the cracks. The GTX 295 is sold as a single vid card but is in fact two vid cards packaged together running in an SLI configuration. To solve the problem I had to go into the nVidia driver and turn off SLI mode (multi-GPU). Now the blue flickering is gone but I am stuck with using only half of my vid card, but this is better than nothing and the frame rate is not bad if I turn things down.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars